Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-15-2012, 11:20 PM #64
speedball-p-ball

deffinately do it in the thorton area thats near almost every one and is there any progress made yet
MHS#16
speedball-p-ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 AM #65
DRAV3N

I just want to say good luck, Co could use a good field that wants to hang around. I mean Colorado over the past 6 years has lost a few fields around Colorado springs and pueblo colorsplash is hangingin in but only open weekends now. Denver was a smart choice, keep it alive in CO!
DRAV3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 AM #66
D_Hawkes44
SL94 and Titan Etek 4 LT

Still working toward putting something together unfortunately **** just isnt as easy in real life as it is on paper... i appreciate everything that you guys have thrown my way and hopefully in the next year i will have eomething up and running!!!
MILEHIGH OUTLAWS #1144

100%+

BST a BLACK and BLUE '06 Dark Ego w/ Maniac Board

Blitz Paintball
D_Hawkes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM #67
southernpride

Good luck man wish you the best of luck with the new field
southernpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 PM #68
303cleveland77

Annual Supporting Member
What about somewhere kind of in the mountains maybe in the foothills near golden/arvada or maybe up near evergreen. Heavily forested, creeks, rocks, pretty much everything natural you can hide behind. Itd be so much less work setting things up. Id find some land around there. Its centrally located and itd be the first one (legit one) to be closer to the western slopes. If you get something going, ill bring you a ton of business. lmk what ya think cuz thatd be a hot spot. I love Dynamic and Blitz but it gets old driving all the way out there.
303cleveland77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:35 PM #69
Superior

A field inbetween colorado springs and falcon area wouldn't be bad, both have growing populations, the land is all flat, unused farmland, and COS has a bunch of army people that are here, and all COS has is one field, and that is allstars(dragon mans is somewhat of a joke)
Superior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:06 PM #70
cmdrsuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303cleveland77 View Post
What about somewhere kind of in the mountains maybe in the foothills near golden/arvada or maybe up near evergreen. Heavily forested, creeks, rocks, pretty much everything natural you can hide behind. Itd be so much less work setting things up. Id find some land around there. Its centrally located and itd be the first one (legit one) to be closer to the western slopes. If you get something going, ill bring you a ton of business. lmk what ya think cuz thatd be a hot spot. I love Dynamic and Blitz but it gets old driving all the way out there.
Golden/ Arvada yes! Evergreen HELL NO!! Like you said it would be a great place to play and there are a bunch of rich kids up here (I do like the idea) but the price on property would be INSANE simply because it is Evergreen. Conifer would be cheaper with plenty of forest and such but that would put you too far away from everyone else.

@ D_Hawkes44 Look into reball! a place in NH up where I go to college is reball and they charge hourly - $15/hr! I think this is a great option for those getting into the sport, the price would make your field very attractive to new comers.

Here's the field I was talking about
http://www.nhindoorpaintball.com/

Rough business plan - cause I want to (Golden/ Arvada/ Littleton area??)

Get an indoor 5man air ball field set up
- use reballs
- your field team could use real paint on off days as long as the clean up??

Everyone will want to play for that price. Just don't over extend yourself financially, start small (but please make it a legit 5man set up IF you go airball, not a fan of APC's tiny fields). Plus what tournament player wouldn't want to show up and rip on his gun as much as he wants for an hour?

BEST OF LUCK!

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:57 PM #71
pogo632
McGangbangs For Everyone

pogo632 plays in the PSP
pogo632 is an NCPA player
pogo632 plays in the APPA D4 division
I'm with CMD. I think Colorado could definitely support an indoor and Reball field. We had the PARC for a time and it had some pros and cons to it but I believe it could be done much better and have far more success. (perhaps some of you who were more involved could delve into the demise of that business)

Reball allows you to offer prices that easily compete and best real paintball prices. There is some appeal to shooting something that beaks on target but then again there are a ton of people who play airsoft which is similar in the fact that there is no marking.

Reball can cater to both new players/Rec players with its affordability and also to tournament players since the allure to be able to shoot all day for $10/hour or so is very enticing.

And as far as offering something other fields don't have, thats reball. (although I do really like the COD idea)

The downsides I see are:

Overhead. Prices for reballs are extravagant and theft is always an issue with them. Although the price for reballs in comparison to the expense for space, insurance and all the other things that go into a field probably make it far less of an barrier. (currently speaking with an injection molding company about sourcing nearly identical product as reballs at far lower prices)

Fields make a ton of money on selling paint to rec players. That would no longer be an income source. That money would have to be made through the hourly payment, rentals, concessions and other sources (requiring a large customer base?)

Others please let me know your ideas on a reball center. Its something I would really like to see happen for colorado. I think it could help keep players in the sport as well, There has and always will be a huge attrition of players due to the cost of playing on a consistent basis. This would offer an affordable option for those players to stay in the sport instead of hanging it up for years at a time.

Camo PMR 2010 FST
Olive PM8 W/ Furious Barrel
pogo632 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups