Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:39 PM #1555
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakbot View Post
I left my tank in my trunk for most of the summer and it probably got pretty hot in there. Is the tank permanently damaged or unsafe?

I've used it since and it works fine. The gel coat is cracked but that happened before and is part of the known issue.

Can tanks handle the heat of a car in the sun for a month or so. I live in Chicago so the temps weren't like Arizona or anything. But still hot.
Rob going get this soon. There is a certain hydro dates on a tank that was a bad batch of tanks. Causing the outer shell to crack, and/or spider crack. Most likely rob will want pics of the damage and hydro date. The tank is safe to use and just a cosmetic crack. Tanks are played in the sun, stored in garages and still go on for years to come.

And sadly Rob, no cup. Never been and probably never will. the closest big game is hell survirors for me.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2012, 10:58 PM #1556
Stewylouie
Understood.com

has been a member for 10 years
Stewylouie works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Thanks for the help Stew and see you next week. Make sure to talk to john and see if you guys can meet up for dinner again one night! oh and when is the cup design being released?? I wanna see the new shirt
Definitely dinner. As to the shirt design ... that's up to John. See you next week.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 AM #1557
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewylouie View Post
Definitely dinner. As to the shirt design ... that's up to John. See you next week.
sounds good see you guys next week
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-19-2012, 04:44 PM #1558
Errakus

Errakus has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Errakus is attending Decay of Nations VI
So... I dropped all the shims out of my adjustable ninja reg... (Yes even the little silver ones) because I couldn't afford an SLP Pro reg quite yet... Now it seems like my reg stops filling at 3500 instead of 4k at my local field (they stop at 4k for the renters that use it on accident I think)

Replacing the silver baby shim/s fix this?

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:42 PM #1559
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errakus View Post
So... I dropped all the shims out of my adjustable ninja reg... (Yes even the little silver ones) because I couldn't afford an SLP Pro reg quite yet... Now it seems like my reg stops filling at 3500 instead of 4k at my local field (they stop at 4k for the renters that use it on accident I think)

Replacing the silver baby shim/s fix this?

Thanks.
Hi Errakus. Lowering the output pressure of your regulator will not affect how it fills. Even though your field offers 4k fills, it could be that their bulk tanks were a little low and just didnt get your fill up to 4k. When you go there again, watch and see what other players systems are filling at, then fill yours. If yours does not fill as much as everyone elses, it could be an issue with the gauge not reading properly. I have a feeling the field just wasn't filling to 4k that particular day or at that time of day.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-19-2012, 07:53 PM #1560
crakbot

Hey Rob, can you let me know if my tank is alright if I left it in a car trunk over the summer. I posted the question a few posts up. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:57 PM #1561
Ninja Paintball
Factory Tech

Ninja Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Ninja Paintball supports our troops
Talk talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakbot View Post
Hey Rob, can you let me know if my tank is alright if I left it in a car trunk over the summer. I posted the question a few posts up. Thanks.
Way to go crakbot, Yeah the tanks Fine, Here`s what you need to do,
simply visit Ninja paintball .com, see tank warranty Program / enter info / No charge to you + free ship / your Tank will be returned Good as New/ Fast turn around too / Don`t leave your equipment in the trunk , Play Paintball more often in the summer, Any additional info needed PM anytime, were here for ya
Old 10-20-2012, 04:12 AM #1562
sauronfpc
Hinzki Zwiad

sauronfpc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sauronfpc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sauronfpc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hello,

I would like to know what's the size of oring that seats between tank and reg (the one on threads that screw in tank) ?

Also what to do if i cannot screw the tank that there is no gap between tank and reg ?? I've tried very hard and don't want to somehow destroy my tank...

I have the Ultralite 4500PSI version

thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 12:21 PM #1563
Ninja Paintball
Factory Tech

Ninja Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Ninja Paintball supports our troops
Reg to tank O-ring size

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauronfpc View Post
Hello,

I would like to know what's the size of oring that seats between tank and reg (the one on threads that screw in tank) ?

Also what to do if i cannot screw the tank that there is no gap between tank and reg ?? I've tried very hard and don't want to somehow destroy my tank...

I have the Ultralite 4500PSI version

thanks
The Ninja Ultralite Reg comes from the factory with a #112-70B black o-ring
If gap appears between Reg and Tank neck your Tank requires the smaller o-ring size #015-70B black. This o-ring is the same size as the bonnet to ASA o-ring (red) and is provided with the Ninja o-ring kit. simply replace Reg stem o-ring (015-70B black) reinstall reg and your good to go.
Let us know if you have any issues, were here for ya
Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 AM #1564
crakbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Paintball View Post
Way to go crakbot, Yeah the tanks Fine, Here`s what you need to do,
simply visit Ninja paintball .com, see tank warranty Program / enter info / No charge to you + free ship / your Tank will be returned Good as New/ Fast turn around too / Don`t leave your equipment in the trunk , Play Paintball more often in the summer, Any additional info needed PM anytime, were here for ya
Thanks man, great service.

Yeah, I'm playing more now so waiting to send it in. I figured it would be OK since if they were that delicate they couldn't be used but figured I would ask just to make sure.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:35 AM #1565
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus supports Empire
My burst disk randomly blew out this afternoon. The 1.8k one. Can I stop by this week and have you guys swap it?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:16 AM #1566
Dagger8805
Diagnosed Tri-Polar

Dagger8805 plays in the APPA beginner division
Dagger8805 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey guys, I pulled my 45/50 out of my bag yesterday to prep for today and found this. It's around the entire bottle. According to a non-ninja tech its something that can happen with varying temperatures and air getting caught and cracking the gel coat. I'm coming here not only for confirmation of that fact but more importantly either way is this something that is covered or at very worst can I pay to get this fixed? This tank has been used like 3 times and was bought 2-3 months ago I really don't want to have to shell out for a new one. Thanks for any info!

"Originally posted by martix_agent: wrestling knee pads is something i've not though about. where would I go to get those? Those would definitely be made for rubbing against the ground and taking a pounding."
Old 10-22-2012, 08:15 AM #1567
rob1525

Annual Supporting Member
rob1525 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rob1525 plays in the APPA beginner division
rob1525 supports DLX Technology
rob1525 supports Empire
Rob, I took apart my Pro Reg this weekend just for an inspection and to clean it up. I noticed that there was one silver shim that has been put on above the spring stack. Is that normal? Ive never removed the springs from the piston and this is the first time I noticed it. Please let me know if I need to remove it and install it at the bottom of the stack, thanks.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:09 AM #1568
Errakus

Errakus has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Errakus is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Hi Errakus. Lowering the output pressure of your regulator will not affect how it fills. Even though your field offers 4k fills, it could be that their bulk tanks were a little low and just didnt get your fill up to 4k. When you go there again, watch and see what other players systems are filling at, then fill yours. If yours does not fill as much as everyone elses, it could be an issue with the gauge not reading properly. I have a feeling the field just wasn't filling to 4k that particular day or at that time of day.
Yea, I thought of that, everyone was getting just about 4k and each time I filled it seemed to stop at exactly 3.5k... I will keep an eye on it, maybe something's wrong with the tank gauge? (Sticks at 3.5 or something)

I mainly just wanted to make sure that by dropping out EVERY shim I didn't cause this.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 AM #1569
rob1525

Annual Supporting Member
rob1525 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rob1525 plays in the APPA beginner division
rob1525 supports DLX Technology
rob1525 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger8805 View Post
Hey guys, I pulled my 45/50 out of my bag yesterday to prep for today and found this. It's around the entire bottle. According to a non-ninja tech its something that can happen with varying temperatures and air getting caught and cracking the gel coat. I'm coming here not only for confirmation of that fact but more importantly either way is this something that is covered or at very worst can I pay to get this fixed? This tank has been used like 3 times and was bought 2-3 months ago I really don't want to have to shell out for a new one. Thanks for any info!

Dagger, you are experiencing the same thing that many of us have been. The tank is still safe to use since the crack is just in the clearcoat. I sent my tank back a couple weeks ago and it took less then 10 days to get it back with a new clearcoat. Use this link and Ninja will take care of you.

http://97.74.153.121/NinjaWarrantyTa...s/warranty.php
Old 10-22-2012, 10:54 AM #1570
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatafetus View Post
My burst disk randomly blew out this afternoon. The 1.8k one. Can I stop by this week and have you guys swap it?
Only if your real name is john and we get to take you out back and make you run the ninja gauntlet.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-22-2012, 10:56 AM #1571
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger8805 View Post

This is 100% safe and does not affect the safety or performance of the regulator. You can get it warrantied through www.ninjapaintball.com/warranty

Follow the instructions at the top and click the Bottle Warranty Link. Follow the instructions on the next page, print the UPS label, box her up and send her in. Normal turnaround time to remove the old gel coat, apply and cure the new formula, mount your original regulator, and ship will take about 3-5 business days.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-22-2012, 10:57 AM #1572
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1525 View Post
Rob, I took apart my Pro Reg this weekend just for an inspection and to clean it up. I noticed that there was one silver shim that has been put on above the spring stack. Is that normal? Ive never removed the springs from the piston and this is the first time I noticed it. Please let me know if I need to remove it and install it at the bottom of the stack, thanks.
Yep, there could be one silver shim that should never be removed at the top of the piston spring stack. Its used for fine tuning the output pressure. We hide it up there so players wont mess with it
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 AM #1573
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errakus View Post
Yea, I thought of that, everyone was getting just about 4k and each time I filled it seemed to stop at exactly 3.5k... I will keep an eye on it, maybe something's wrong with the tank gauge? (Sticks at 3.5 or something)

I mainly just wanted to make sure that by dropping out EVERY shim I didn't cause this.
no prob. If you're having an issue with the gauge, it should just stay stuck at 3.5 if the coil unwinds inside the gauge housing. Once a gauge unwinds, it usually will just stay at a certain pressure and not move at all. Another thing to - If you got a hot fill and then let it cool down, the pressure inside your bottle will drop a few hundred up to about 500 psi roughly. Not sure if thats it but something to consider
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM #1574
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB

Only if your real name is john and we get to take you out back and make you run the ninja gauntlet.
You bet your ***!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:47 PM #1575
INFAMOUS BLADEZ

Hey guys so here is the story:

I was lubing up the bolt on my paintball gun and then I went to grab my tank and i feel I may have put a tiny amount of lube on the face of the fill nipple. I am not completely for sure about this. I took a flashlight and looked for shininess on my fill nipple (It is dust silver) and I didn't see any. It has no air in it. Should I be scared or not? Please E-mail back as soon as possible!
Closed Thread