Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 12:42 PM #127
kevin16560

kevin16560 is playing at Living Legends VI
kevin16560 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
f8al's answer was perfect. I would recommend the adjustable. The lower the output pressure, the more shots you will get out of your new Vic. However, the Geo 2.1 cannot use that low of a pressure. If you just want one regulator to encompass both markers, get the adjustable so you can adjust accordingly. It takes about 2 minutes to adjust the output pressure
I do already have the adjustable, works great on my geo and axe. I think I'll head over to 7paintball and pick up an slp and 68/4500 to use with the vic. thanks for the info guys!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2011, 12:39 PM #128
TheNightOwl
It is what it is

Question

Questions about your Regulators and my TM-15

To start, I have a 90/4500 Tank for Ninja and let me just say, shwing! shwing!
and i use a ninja remote line. and fill wip obviously

Pressure Questions:
So as far as I know that's an adjustable regulator i have and HP.
the tm-15's operating pressure is 200 psi, so should i remove all the shims including the silver ones (if any are in my regulator) to give me the lowest output pressure the regulator can give me which is 450 right... and that would be more air efficient and less wear and tear on my tm-15's internals? if all this information is correct why have I had this tank for months now and not done this yet!

Regulator and "Upgrade" Options:
Now on to Upgrading to a better Regulator.
Assuming efficiency and the less wear and tear factor is more important to me than weight and size, which regulator would you recommend for my tm-15. I want the best and money is always a huge factor but with paintball i go ll out.. so if money wasnt a factor...

-the SLP or the Ultralite?

can the SLP accept a smaller Gauge and smaller fill nipple though? those are two other "features" or "upgrades" I'm going with. The ultralite already comes with those right? and what output pressure would be the "optimum" for what I'm looking for. The aluminum bonnet, I have seen ones with single O-ring and ones with double O-rings. is there a reason? and whats the differences between the Brass bonnet and the aluminum bonnet? I'm guessing weight is the main reason for aluminum? but isn't the brass one stronger? i don't know anything about metal compositions sorry Im guessing I would go with the double O-ring Aluminum Bonnet, but are they compatible with the SLP and the Ultralite?
I love the idea of the smaller fill nipple but I use a remote line so its not the hugest issue to me. I have seen a bob long filter nipple and thought that would be a good way to help protect my tank and reg from dirt and stuff. Im not asking for any bashing of bob long cause one day i WILL have a bob long m-tac stage 2 lol one day.. but what other fill nipple options are there and would you recommend the filter nipple from bob long? i was wondering why you guys didn't have a filtered fill nipple though.. got me thinking..
is that all the parts I can upgrade on my reg and tank? any other options that may be better but I'm missing?

Random Questions:

Do I need the bonnet removal tool to be able to remove the bonnet?

Does output pressure effect single shot and full auto 20bps differently? like single shots are more efficient with lower pressure but drop offs may occur when shooting fully auto? vice versa ?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:07 PM #129
scott1011

has been a member for 10 years
scott1011 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
scott1011 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I have an old centerflag 45/4500 that i was thinking of sending to you for a reg swap and hydro. What regulator do you include with the reg swap (HP, LP, or SLP?). I'm planning on using it on a Victory V1

Also, I have an Alias timmy. Would that be able to use the SLP, or would I need the SMP for that

Thanks

Last edited by scott1011 : 12-26-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: another question
Old 12-26-2011, 10:19 PM #130
outkast82889

Hi there I have a relatively new (5 month old) SLP ninja tank and it seems to have developed a crack towards the neck of the bottle, heres a pic. Is it safe to use?

Old 12-27-2011, 09:27 AM #131
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightOwl View Post
Questions about your Regulators and my TM-15

To start, I have a 90/4500 Tank for Ninja and let me just say, shwing! shwing!
and i use a ninja remote line. and fill wip obviously

Pressure Questions:
So as far as I know that's an adjustable regulator i have and HP.
the tm-15's operating pressure is 200 psi, so should i remove all the shims including the silver ones (if any are in my regulator) to give me the lowest output pressure the regulator can give me which is 450 right... and that would be more air efficient and less wear and tear on my tm-15's internals? if all this information is correct why have I had this tank for months now and not done this yet!
Yes, you can remove the shims to drop your regulators output pressure on your ninja 90/4500. If your system came with 2 red shims, removing both will get you to roughly 500psi. If you're system came with any thin or silver shims, removing those will drop you're pressure roughly 30-50psi each.

Quote:
Regulator and "Upgrade" Options:
Now on to Upgrading to a better Regulator.
Assuming efficiency and the less wear and tear factor is more important to me than weight and size, which regulator would you recommend for my tm-15. I want the best and money is always a huge factor but with paintball i go ll out.. so if money wasnt a factor...

-the SLP or the Ultralite?
We have not tested the SLP on the TM-15 so I'm not sure if it outputs enough pressure to operate the TM-15 properly. The SLP allows you to output around 300psi. The Ultralite is just a lighter version of our adjustable regulator. I would recommend continuing to use the Adjustable regulator you currently have.

Quote:
can the SLP accept a smaller Gauge and smaller fill nipple though?
Yes. We have a micro gauge you can add to it. You can add a different fill nipple as long as its not proprietary to that particular manufacturer's regulators. All of our parts follow ASTM standards.

Quote:
those are two other "features" or "upgrades" I'm going with. The ultralite already comes with those right?
Yes. Ultralite comes with an Aluminum lightweight bonnet and micro gauge.

Quote:
and what output pressure would be the "optimum" for what I'm looking for. The aluminum bonnet, I have seen ones with single O-ring and ones with double O-rings. is there a reason?
We have not tested the tm-15 so i'm not sure what the optimal input pressure from a tank reg would be. Call the manufacture of the marker to inquire.

Quote:
and whats the differences between the Brass bonnet and the aluminum bonnet? I'm guessing weight is the main reason for aluminum? but isn't the brass one stronger? i don't know anything about metal compositions sorry Im guessing I would go with the double O-ring Aluminum Bonnet, but are they compatible with the SLP and the Ultralite?
Brass is now steel (alloy bonnet). More durable. The Aluminum bonnet is more lightweight. The bonnets are interchangeable across all of our regulators.

Quote:
I love the idea of the smaller fill nipple but I use a remote line so its not the hugest issue to me. I have seen a bob long filter nipple and thought that would be a good way to help protect my tank and reg from dirt and stuff. Im not asking for any bashing of bob long cause one day i WILL have a bob long m-tac stage 2 lol one day.. but what other fill nipple options are there and would you recommend the filter nipple from bob long?
You can use any fill nipple as long as it follows ASTM standards.

Quote:
i was wondering why you guys didn't have a filtered fill nipple though.. got me thinking..
Because they can clog over time and make filling VERY slow.

Quote:
is that all the parts I can upgrade on my reg and tank? any other options that may be better but I'm missing?
You can upgrade the bonnet and gauge. Everything else is pretty much the same. Bonnets come in steel or aluminum. Gauges come in standard or micro size.

Quote:
Random Questions:

Do I need the bonnet removal tool to be able to remove the bonnet?
No, you can get a 10/32 machine screw from a local hardware store.

Quote:
Does output pressure effect single shot and full auto 20bps differently? like single shots are more efficient with lower pressure but drop offs may occur when shooting fully auto? vice versa ?
Depends on your marker. On your specific marker, you might want to contact the marker manufacturer to ask them this question. We can't speak for your marker since we dont manufacture it.

EDIT - If you have any other questions, please call us at 877-646-5287. Thanks.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-27-2011, 09:29 AM #132
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1011 View Post
I have an old centerflag 45/4500 that i was thinking of sending to you for a reg swap and hydro. What regulator do you include with the reg swap (HP, LP, or SLP?). I'm planning on using it on a Victory V1

Also, I have an Alias timmy. Would that be able to use the SLP, or would I need the SMP for that

Thanks
You can get any Ninja regulator when you purchase a reg swap and hydro. I do not know if you're alias can use an slp. You might want to call Bob Long to ask them what that marker accepts.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-27-2011, 09:29 AM #133
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast82889 View Post
Hi there I have a relatively new (5 month old) SLP ninja tank and it seems to have developed a crack towards the neck of the bottle, heres a pic. Is it safe to use?

Yes, 100% safe to use. However, please email this pic along with your first/last name, shipping address, and phone number to rob@ninjapaintball.com please.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-28-2011, 02:30 AM #134
FrontPlaya04
I will set you on fire

FrontPlaya04 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Whats the difference between a smp550 reg and the regular adjustable one?

Couldnt i just adjust the regular one to output 550?

Nasty NXT for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ight=nxt+nasty
Old 12-28-2011, 09:28 AM #135
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontPlaya04 View Post
Whats the difference between a smp550 reg and the regular adjustable one?

Couldnt i just adjust the regular one to output 550?
I posted in your other thread. If you dont feel comfortable opening up our adjustable reg to increase/decrease output pressure, you can go with the SMP550 which outputs at 550psi, which we (marker mfr's and Ninja) have found to be optimal on many of the mid and high end markers out there. If you dont mind opening up our adjustable to tinker with the output pressures, I would say go with the adjustable. It covers a wider range of markers out there (in case you sell your current marker and go with something else)
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-28-2011, 05:07 PM #136
GinRummy

I got a Ninja tank for Christmas, and in reading the manual I see that they ship with a standard 750-850 psi output pressure. This caught my attention because I remembered reading the Axe manual and it saying it should be a high-flow, low-pressure tank. It recommends between 400-450 psi.
Anyway, the tank I got says its adjustable down to 500 psi if you remove two red shims.
My question is, should I go ahead and make that adjustment? I know very little about the internals of my gear, and I just wanted to make sure I hadn't gotten my "pressures" crossed somewhere, with there being so many different numerical pressure values.

Edit: and just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of backing off that pressure? Air efficiency?

Last edited by GinRummy : 12-28-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:46 PM #137
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRummy View Post
I got a Ninja tank for Christmas, and in reading the manual I see that they ship with a standard 750-850 psi output pressure. This caught my attention because I remembered reading the Axe manual and it saying it should be a high-flow, low-pressure tank. It recommends between 400-450 psi.
Anyway, the tank I got says its adjustable down to 500 psi if you remove two red shims.
My question is, should I go ahead and make that adjustment? I know very little about the internals of my gear, and I just wanted to make sure I hadn't gotten my "pressures" crossed somewhere, with there being so many different numerical pressure values.

Edit: and just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of backing off that pressure? Air efficiency?
As you stated in your post, what you will want to do for best efficiency and performance out of your Axe is remove all the shims to get down to the 450-500 psi ballpark. Bear in mind that the Ninja tanks are all hand built and the number of shims will vary reg to reg. There will always be 2 thick red shims, but some will have 1-2 thin silver shims whereas some will not have any. The silver shims are for fine tuning and are not necessary in all the regs to maintain the HP/MP/LP outputs. No matter what shims you have in place in your reg, make sure to remove them all and keep them somewhere should you need them in the future.

I believe you are confusing the two different types of pressures somewhat. The operating pressure of the marker is what it operates at within the shot chamber. The input pressure is the pressure at which your regulator on your tank BEFORE it reaches the ASA/inline regulator on the marker (one in the same in the Axe's case). Having an optimal input pressure does not affect the operating pressure of a gun, but it does minimize the amount of work the inline regulator on a marker has to do to drop the pressure before it enters the shot chamber. In doing this you achieve a smoother shot and increased efficiency in most cases.

Hopefully this helps man, let me know if you have any other questions.
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 PM #138
JLAudioCavalier

JLAudioCavalier supports Team VICIOUS
At 420-450, I was experience inconsistent chrono'ing and rapid-fire drop off. I was also told by Rob directly that tests showed Axes to perform "optimally" in the mid range of 500-650. I wouldn't honestly remove all your shims and run that on your Axe. Regardless of the manual suggesting such a low pressure, my personal real-world experience shows it as being a hindrance.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:25 AM #139
GinRummy

Thanks for the input guys. So, even with the differing viewpoints, at least some of my shims should come out, correct?

Does anyone else have any experience on input pressures and where they think I should have it for the Axe?

Last edited by GinRummy : 12-29-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:39 AM #140
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAudioCavalier View Post
At 420-450, I was experience inconsistent chrono'ing and rapid-fire drop off. I was also told by Rob directly that tests showed Axes to perform "optimally" in the mid range of 500-650. I wouldn't honestly remove all your shims and run that on your Axe. Regardless of the manual suggesting such a low pressure, my personal real-world experience shows it as being a hindrance.
500psi works great on the Axe. We sponsor a team called LSD that is an Axe team and at 500psi, none of them have had any issues with their markers. We have seen some Axes operate at lower pressures but this all depends on upgrades and board settings. At 500psi, that should cover any upgrade or board setting you decide to use. Anything over 500psi (in my opinion) would be overkill. The marker doesnt need anything over 500psi to operate correctly
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-29-2011, 09:40 AM #141
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Thanks for the input guys. So, even with the differing viewpoints, at least some of my shims should come out, correct?

Does anyone else have any experience on input pressures and where they think I should have it for the Axe?
Remove both red shims only. If your reg came with silver or thin shims, leave those in the reg. If your marker only came with 2 red shims, remove both to achieve 500psi (+/- about 25 psi).

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-29-2011, 10:51 AM #142
GinRummy

Cook thanks rob. You said "if your MARKER came with two red shims...". As I said, I know very little about the internals and just want to be clear. Did you mean "tank" to be in place of "marker"?
Thanks again for your help

Got it rob, thanks

Last edited by GinRummy : 12-29-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:31 PM #143
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Cook thanks rob. You said "if your MARKER came with two red shims...". As I said, I know very little about the internals and just want to be clear. Did you mean "tank" to be in place of "marker"?
Thanks again for your help
ugh...sorry...been a crazy day here at Ninja. Replace MARKER with REGULATOR. Your regulator is what you will adjust and the shims are found inside of the regulator. Sorry bout that Gin!
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-29-2011, 07:24 PM #144
Wastedslayer
Enjoying the Luxe-ry

Wastedslayer supports Bob Gurnsey
Wastedslayer plays in the APPA D4 division
Wastedslayer is attending Decay of Nations VII
Wastedslayer supports DLX Technology
Hey Rob I have an SLP reg that makes a loud TING every time I fire my G6R, It is arguably the loudest part of my gun right now. Ive recently cleaned the reg to no avail, any suggestions?
Clear/Splash Luxe 1.0
Old 12-29-2011, 11:17 PM #145
1splatkid

pmed rob
Old 12-30-2011, 08:28 AM #146
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedslayer View Post
Hey Rob I have an SLP reg that makes a loud TING every time I fire my G6R, It is arguably the loudest part of my gun right now. Ive recently cleaned the reg to no avail, any suggestions?
I believe this was narrowed down to the bumper on the ramp cap in the marker itself. It has nothing to do with your regulator.

If you do a search on "G6R ping", it will bring up multiple threads about it:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...light=g6r+ping
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-30-2011, 08:30 AM #147
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1splatkid View Post