Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 05:33 PM #1282
turmoil
PTPer right here baby
 
turmoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOVA
turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
PERFECT! this is the correct way to tech a regulator. If you do not know where a leak is on an HPA regulator, fill the tank up with air and then submerge. You can use this method on any HPA regulator.

I would recommend using the correct size wrench, depending on if you have a standard or mini gauge. Remove the gauge, remove all thread sealant tape on the gauge threads and the port where the gauge screws into on the reg body, re-apply new thread sealant tape, reinstall in reg body
That sounds great! I'll drain the tank and reseal the threads now.
Thanks for the tips and the help!!!
turmoil is online now  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2012, 09:07 PM #1283
krazykubes
 
 
krazykubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
krazykubes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cracked 68/45

hello, i ahve my friends carbon fiber ninja tank with an 03/2012 born date. there is a crack on what appears to be the outer shell of the tank. it is obviuosly not safe to fill (although it does hold air). my question is, what should we do? would ninja fix, repair or replace?
__________________
Just remember the player makes the marker, not the other way around
krazykubes is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 11:22 PM #1284
HrdCorPntballa
Drew Crew
 
HrdCorPntballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: midwest
HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykubes View Post
hello, i ahve my friends carbon fiber ninja tank with an 03/2012 born date. there is a crack on what appears to be the outer shell of the tank. it is obviuosly not safe to fill (although it does hold air). my question is, what should we do? would ninja fix, repair or replace?
Since it is your friends tank I don't know what to tell you but because it's so new, I assume it's going to be replaced by Ninja. They have amazing customer service and will help you every way they can! Just Pm a ninja tech here in the thread. They will be glad to help!
__________________
Me llamo Drew
HrdCorPntballa is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 AM #1285
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykubes View Post
hello, i ahve my friends carbon fiber ninja tank with an 03/2012 born date. there is a crack on what appears to be the outer shell of the tank. it is obviuosly not safe to fill (although it does hold air). my question is, what should we do? would ninja fix, repair or replace?
Even though you think its "obviously not safe to fill", it is. The crack is in the OUTER part of the gel coat which is the COSMETIC layer and has absolutely nothing to do with the performance or safety of the air system. In fact, you could hypothetically peel all of the black gel coat off and underneath, you would find the grey version of the exact same bottle. This means that bottle and regulator can still be safely used.

Btw, we're a DOT certified Hydro test facility so the information i'm giving you is 100% accurate.

With that being said, you can go to NinjaPaintball.com and click Warranty. Follow the instructions for the Bottle Warranty and the bottle manufacturer will take care of you direct.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB

Last edited by Rob @ Ninja PB : 08-23-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: edited
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 08:49 AM #1286
krazykubes
 
 
krazykubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
krazykubes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thanks rob, great info. my buddy will be relived to here it
__________________
Just remember the player makes the marker, not the other way around
krazykubes is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 AM #1287
turmoil
PTPer right here baby
 
turmoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOVA
turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
Rob,

I put two wraps of teflon tape on the gauge and reinstalled it. I had the tank filled yesterday and it was between the 4 and 5 mark on the gauge. It looks like it has dropped down to the 4 mark this morning, but when I tested it in water again there were no bubbles coming out.

Will there be a Ninja tech at the NPPL DC open this weekend? I am planning to attend tomorrow and would love to get this squared away if there is another issue.

Thank you.
turmoil is online now  
Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 AM #1288
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmoil View Post
Rob,

I put two wraps of teflon tape on the gauge and reinstalled it. I had the tank filled yesterday and it was between the 4 and 5 mark on the gauge. It looks like it has dropped down to the 4 mark this morning, but when I tested it in water again there were no bubbles coming out.

Will there be a Ninja tech at the NPPL DC open this weekend? I am planning to attend tomorrow and would love to get this squared away if there is another issue.

Thank you.
Turmoil. When you fill your tank, it heats up. As the tank cools down, you're going to lose some pressure. If you dont have any bubbles coming out, that means you dont have a leak.

However, if you want to stop by booth and talk to Ray, you're welcome to do so Have fun out there!
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 11:34 AM #1289
turmoil
PTPer right here baby
 
turmoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOVA
turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Turmoil. When you fill your tank, it heats up. As the tank cools down, you're going to lose some pressure. If you dont have any bubbles coming out, that means you dont have a leak.

However, if you want to stop by booth and talk to Ray, you're welcome to do so Have fun out there!
Rob,

That's what I had been wondering for awhile, but I could never quite find the exact answer I was looking for.

I'll check the tank tonight, but it should be fine.

Thank you very much for your help and information!
turmoil is online now  
Old 08-24-2012, 12:51 PM #1290
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmoil View Post
Rob,

That's what I had been wondering for awhile, but I could never quite find the exact answer I was looking for.

I'll check the tank tonight, but it should be fine.

Thank you very much for your help and information!
Not a prob my friend! Let me know if any other questions come up
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 PM #1291
Blak Katalyst
CT Effect
 
Blak Katalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 203
Blak Katalyst has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Blak Katalyst supports Empire
Sweet baby Jesus I'm so happy I found this thread. I just found a few very small gel coat cracks on my ninja 68/45 born on 2-10. I'm going to use it tomorrow and call ninja Monday
__________________
Caustic Customs Axe Pro
Super Freak, Redline, Nano, Infamous Bolt, Virtue Eyes, Axiom, Element Pin
Blak Katalyst is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 01:05 PM #1292
cam94
open player termin8r lol
 
cam94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: massachusetts
cam94 is playing at Living Legends V
cam94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cam94 posts videos on PbNation
cam94 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i shoot an ego11 and was thinking of purchasing a crossfire candy colored tank with the ninja pro reg installed. my question is should i get the SHP or regular pro reg, and what pressure should i have the reg set to for optimum consistency/efficiency on my ego11
__________________
"then I busted to the snake and shot like 77 guys...wiped five hits...stopped to dry hump a hot mom in the stands...and punched a 14 yr old spoiled kid in the face who was holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him...then the ref high-fived me for being a BAD ***."


in the morning when she walked to the bathroom she touched her face, turned and looked at me and said "What's this? Oh, that's right, you came on my face". Then we ****ed again.
cam94 is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 04:34 PM #1293
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Katalyst View Post
Sweet baby Jesus I'm so happy I found this thread. I just found a few very small gel coat cracks on my ninja 68/45 born on 2-10. I'm going to use it tomorrow and call ninja Monday
haha ! I use that same term all the time Actually, you can go directly to NinjaPaintball.com and click the warranty link and follow the instructions for bottle warranty. You will be taken care of
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM #1294
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam94 View Post
i shoot an ego11 and was thinking of purchasing a crossfire candy colored tank with the ninja pro reg installed. my question is should i get the SHP or regular pro reg, and what pressure should i have the reg set to for optimum consistency/efficiency on my ego11
SHP stands for Super High Pressure. The only (2) markers you want to use that with are the Automag with RT and Tippy's running RT and Cyclone feed.

I run an ego11 and use a Ninja PRO Adjustable set to 550psi by removing 2 thin shims inside the regulator. my ego is loving the 550psi...zero issues.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 05:20 PM #1295
HrdCorPntballa
Drew Crew
 
HrdCorPntballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: midwest
HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
Hey Rob, My name is Andrew Grall. I believe you returned my voicemail last week. I was just wondering if you think my tank will be done thursday or not? I'd like to come pick it up that day. If not, I would friday. Thanks!
__________________
Me llamo Drew
HrdCorPntballa is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:56 PM #1296
DuckDownItsPaint
 
 
DuckDownItsPaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Queens, NYC
DuckDownItsPaint has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm watching the video about pin valve and piston repair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94odIL-Bgxk

At 4:30ish he talks about lubing the piston. What part of the piston should be lubed? O-ring #7? O-ring #9? The entire piston? Only the piston shaft? How much silicone lube should be used?
DuckDownItsPaint is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:23 PM #1297
510waffles
Call Me Maybe
 
510waffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Luis Obispo,CA
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
510waffles has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
510waffles supports DLX Technology
Hey rob, love what youre doing,I just sent my Ninja Pro tank that had a crack in for repairs and i just recieved an email confirming that you guys have recieved it on monday, whats the chance that youll be able to get it to me before this weekend? If its not possible then never mind. I just wanted to ask when you guys do the bottle swaps do you swap the whole bottle out and put the reg i was using in? I have the extended pin on mine for the g6r and i forgot to mention that in the comments
__________________
510waffles is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:07 AM #1298
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrdCorPntballa View Post
Hey Rob, My name is Andrew Grall. I believe you returned my voicemail last week. I was just wondering if you think my tank will be done thursday or not? I'd like to come pick it up that day. If not, I would friday. Thanks!
Its done and labeled. We wll be calling you later today to arrange for pickup sometime this week
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 AM #1299
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckDownItsPaint View Post
I'm watching the video about pin valve and piston repair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94odIL-Bgxk

At 4:30ish he talks about lubing the piston. What part of the piston should be lubed? O-ring #7? O-ring #9? The entire piston? Only the piston shaft? How much silicone lube should be used?
You should put grease on each oring on the piston. Use enough to lightly coat each oring.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:12 AM #1300
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510waffles View Post
Hey rob, love what youre doing,I just sent my Ninja Pro tank that had a crack in for repairs and i just recieved an email confirming that you guys have recieved it on monday, whats the chance that youll be able to get it to me before this weekend? If its not possible then never mind. I just wanted to ask when you guys do the bottle swaps do you swap the whole bottle out and put the reg i was using in? I have the extended pin on mine for the g6r and i forgot to mention that in the comments
no prob 510waffles. We feel really bad about the bad gel coat thats on some of the tanks we purchased through our bottle manufacturer but it seems like the new warranty program is working out well and the players really like the newer gel coat compared to the last gel coat formula they used. If we just received it Monday, it will take 3-5 business days if you sent it in to their factory in Ohio (thats the bottle manufacturer's location, not Ninja's). It will then take 4 business days to get the tank from Ohio to Cali. When they do warranty work on your bottle, they will remove the old gel coat, re-apply a new gel coat, and then ship it back out to you with the same reg you sent it in with
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 AM #1301
cam94
open player termin8r lol
 
cam94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: massachusetts
cam94 is playing at Living Legends V
cam94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cam94 posts videos on PbNation
cam94 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
SHP stands for Super High Pressure. The only (2) markers you want to use that with are the Automag with RT and Tippy's running RT and Cyclone feed.

I run an ego11 and use a Ninja PRO Adjustable set to 550psi by removing 2 thin shims inside the regulator. my ego is loving the 550psi...zero issues.
thanks a lot man
__________________
"then I busted to the snake and shot like 77 guys...wiped five hits...stopped to dry hump a hot mom in the stands...and punched a 14 yr old spoiled kid in the face who was holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him...then the ref high-fived me for being a BAD ***."


in the morning when she walked to the bathroom she touched her face, turned and looked at me and said "What's this? Oh, that's right, you came on my face". Then we ****ed again.
cam94 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:53 PM #1302
510waffles
Call Me Maybe
 
510waffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Luis Obispo,CA
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
510waffles has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
510waffles supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
no prob 510waffles. We feel really bad about the bad gel coat thats on some of the tanks we purchased through our bottle manufacturer but it seems like the new warranty program is working out well and the players really like the newer gel coat compared to the last gel coat formula they used. If we just received it Monday, it will take 3-5 business days if you sent it in to their factory in Ohio (thats the bottle manufacturer's location, not Ninja's). It will then take 4 business days to get the tank from Ohio to Cali. When they do warranty work on your bottle, they will remove the old gel coat, re-apply a new gel coat, and then ship it back out to you with the same reg you sent it in with
Does that change the hydrodate in any way? or do they put the same label back on?
__________________
510waffles is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump