Old 12-19-2011, 10:52 AM #107
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet Eclipse 07 View Post
Can I use loctite or another kind of threadlock on a straight fitting for my gun's regulator instead of teflon tape?
No. NEVER USE LOCTITE..unless your adding a little dab of blue loctite on the grub screws that screw into the bonnet to help prevent them from backing out due to vibration.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 AM #108
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwitchyFinger View Post
I got an NT 11 and want to buy a ninja tank but im not sure wherther I need the adjustable reg, UL, SLP, or SHP regs. I do know that the NT is known for operating at lower psi's than other guns. It operates between 110-150 psi. so my question is, does this mean a SLP reg ninja tank would work best?
Taken from F8al's post above:

I think you are confusing your input pressure and operating pressure. The operating pressure is the pressure at which you marker operates AFTER it goes through your HPR (and LPR in some cases). Your input pressure is the pressure of air from tank to HPR before being regulated down. For the "NT", I would suggest taking out one of the red shims (medium OP pressure) at first and seeing how that works. If it works out fine then try removing the other red shim (low OP pressure) but pay close attention to shoot down and inconsistencies at the chrono.

We have found NT's to run best around 550psi. If you want a preset reg, go with the SMP550. If you want adjustability, go with our Adjustable. Either will work with your marker.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-19-2011, 11:17 PM #109
triedge91
Inception is Conception

triedge91 is playing at Living Legends V
triedge91 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
triedge91 supports Pev's Paintball
Hello guys, i am buying a 2k6 intimidator with the stock 360 inline reg. Do i HAVE to use the SLP reg or could i just use the regular reg on my Ninja 68/45? People tell me that you have to use a low pressure tank but im pretty sure thats just for the G6R and Vic?
Old 12-20-2011, 09:24 AM #110
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedge91 View Post
Hello guys, i am buying a 2k6 intimidator with the stock 360 inline reg. Do i HAVE to use the SLP reg or could i just use the regular reg on my Ninja 68/45? People tell me that you have to use a low pressure tank but im pretty sure thats just for the G6R and Vic?
No you do not have to use an SLP. You can use our Ninja adjustable on it and it will work just fine. If you have an adjustable, you can adjust it down to low pressure if you want. In regards to using lp on gr6s and vics, yes - you have to use low pressure. if you use HP, you could blow some seals on the marker.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-20-2011, 05:14 PM #111
B1o-H4z4rd

Hi there I just ordered a red ninja tank with adjustable regulator ... my question is tehe following, since I have an angel i must use a low pressure tank this is why I went with ninja.

the thing is that in the package I am missing the silver shims for low pressure function ... so my question is If I remove 1 of the red shims will this lower the pressure? or do I have to replace both shims for the silver ones... my problem is that Im in Chile in south america so it takes about 3 weeks to get them if I have to get them.

Please Assist

Thnx for the help
Old 12-20-2011, 06:42 PM #112
JLAudioCavalier

JLAudioCavalier supports Team VICIOUS
Well time for a quick review:
I contacted Rob about a crack I found on my tank. After assuring me that it was only a defect in the gel coat and not a structural defect through the tank, he still offered to replace it. I sent it in to Ninja and paid my-way of the shipping. They installed my reg and bonnet on a brand new tank and sent it back to me and they paid return shipping!

Not every day you get customer service like that. Ninja is the only brand of tank I will ever use from here on out. Both my 50/45 and 13/3000 are Ninja and customer service speaks volumes, so I don't see that changing.

Thanks Rob and anyone else at Ninja for the help!
Old 12-20-2011, 07:50 PM #113
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1o-H4z4rd View Post
Hi there I just ordered a red ninja tank with adjustable regulator ... my question is tehe following, since I have an angel i must use a low pressure tank this is why I went with ninja.

the thing is that in the package I am missing the silver shims for low pressure function ... so my question is If I remove 1 of the red shims will this lower the pressure? or do I have to replace both shims for the silver ones... my problem is that Im in Chile in south america so it takes about 3 weeks to get them if I have to get them.

Please Assist

Thnx for the help
Hey man, hopefully I can help you out. Since you said you ordered the tank, I am assuming you bought it brand new. The silver shims are not needed in the system for it to properly function. THe silver shims are for any fine tuning that may need to be done when the reg is put together. Every reg, however, will come with two red shims. Removing one red shim puts you in the 650psi range and removing both puts you at the 500psi range.

For your angel I would remove all the shims (only reds in your case) to get the low pressure output you are after. If you have any questions feel free to PM either myself or Rob and we'll get you straightened out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAudioCavalier View Post
I contacted Rob about a crack I found on my tank. After assuring me that it was only a defect in the gel coat and not a structural defect through the tank, he still offered to replace it. I sent it in to Ninja and paid my-way of the shipping. They installed my reg and bonnet on a brand new tank and sent it back to me and they paid return shipping!

Not every day you get customer service like that. Ninja is the only brand of tank I will ever use from here on out. Both my 50/45 and 13/3000 are Ninja and customer service speaks volumes, so I don't see that changing.

Glad Rob was able to get you squared away man, same thing happened to me with a tank last year before my team was sponsored and I had the same results you did. You just don't hear results like this form other companies
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:47 AM #114
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1o-H4z4rd View Post

Please Assist

Thnx for the help
f8al's answer was perfect. Remove both red shims to get to 500psi. Angels optimal input is 550psi so at 500psi, you should not have any issues.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 AM #115
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAudioCavalier View Post

Thanks Dustin. Just responded to your pm.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-21-2011, 04:17 PM #116
B1o-H4z4rd

Thank you both you were great an that is something that helps me out alot since I have sold several of these here in Chile and at time of selling them Ive encountered this situation with 2 of the previously although had a few shims from previous tanks ... this time I had run out.

Keep up the awesome work you were great.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:08 PM #117
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Are Ninjas 68 tanks the same size as most other companies? I have heard they are shorter and fatter like a stubby.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:52 PM #118
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18
Are Ninjas 68 tanks the same size as most other companies? I have heard they are shorter and fatter like a stubby.
Most 68's today are considered a stubby style tank. The only one that is truly smaller is a Guerilla 68 if I remember correctly. The Ninja 68 is the same size as almost every over modern day 68. If I am off at all Rob will correct me.

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:19 AM #119
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
The newer style 68's are a shorter version of what everyone used to use back in the day. The older 68's were roughly an inch longer back in the day, compared to the ones we use now. If you need a little more length on a newer style 68, you can get a reg extender which adds anywhere from an inch to an inch and a half of length. NDZ and Macdev make good ones
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-22-2011, 04:22 PM #120
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Ok I just got my tank and reg in the mail. Looks awesome!

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:36 PM #121
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
Ok I just got my tank and reg in the mail. Looks awesome!
this post gets 2
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-22-2011, 05:57 PM #122
kevin16560

kevin16560 is playing at Living Legends VI
kevin16560 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Hey guys. I just picked up a v2 Vic. I have an adjustable reg, what shims should I have in it(also have geo 2.1 so try to make sure it works for both guns)? Trying to pick up an SLP reg with tank(if anyone has one for sale pm me). But in the meantime I want to use the gun, let me know!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:07 PM #123
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin16560 View Post
Hey guys. I just picked up a v2 Vic. I have an adjustable reg, what shims should I have in it(also have geo 2.1 so try to make sure it works for both guns)? Trying to pick up an SLP reg with tank(if anyone has one for sale pm me). But in the meantime I want to use the gun, let me know!
Hey Kevin, speaking from experience I was able to use an adjustable reg with all the shims removed on a Vic, G6R and Geo 2.1. The SLP is optimized for the G6R/Vic so it is definitely a good choice. That being said, not every Geo 2.1 can function properly on the SLP's output pressure but some can (1 of mine was able to and one was not). I would recommend sticking to the adjustable reg and removing all the shims and maybe seeing if you can try out an SLP before you purchase one. You want to make sure you are able to hit 280-300 consistently if you are going to use it. Hope this helps man

Old 12-23-2011, 07:57 AM #124
EclipseStar15

EclipseStar15 is for the Gunfight
i need a new fill nipple on my ninja adj reg. can i use any as long as i use the nipple and little pin in it?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:51 AM #125
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin16560 View Post
f8al's answer was perfect. I would recommend the adjustable. The lower the output pressure, the more shots you will get out of your new Vic. However, the Geo 2.1 cannot use that low of a pressure. If you just want one regulator to encompass both markers, get the adjustable so you can adjust accordingly. It takes about 2 minutes to adjust the output pressure
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 12-23-2011, 12:27 PM #126
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseStar15 View Post
i need a new fill nipple on my ninja adj reg. can i use any as long as i use the nipple and little pin in it?
Yes, fill nipples are interchangeable and universal. Any fill nipple you buy for a compressed air tank will work. Contact your local store or Ninja direct if you do not have a store for a replacement Ninja fill nipple.

Closed Thread