Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 09:19 AM #736
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead61 View Post
Opened up my ninja adjustable reg, 45k, it has no shims in it at all. What would that put my pressure at, I need to run a g6r off it
Please consult your manual on where to locate the shims. They would be located in the bottom half of your regulator, found after you remove the bonnet from the regulator. It will be sitting flush against the bottom of the widest part in the bottom half of your regulator.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 09:20 AM #737
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcSolomon View Post
hey, today after a day of playing I tried to unscrew my tank from my gun but the bonnet came of instead. I do not know how this couldve happened because the allen screws were in tight. Now my tank has a giant leak and when i shake it i hear a rattling noise. Could i fix this myself or would i need to send it in?
Where is this giant leak located? Help us to help you.

In regards to the "rattling" noise, its the fill nipple rivet you hear moving back and forth when you shake the tank. When you fill it up, the rivet seals up and does not move.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM #738
Frenct
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kansas
Annual Supporting Member
Frenct owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Frenct plays in the APPA D4 division
Frenct supports DLX Technology
Just bought a brand new Ninja Reg a few months back. The burst disk just blew last week. I took it a part to clean it and there was a ton of dust like dirt covering the insides. Could that cause the burst disk to blow? It was white powder, not sure if it was residue inside the tank, or from really dirty air fills. Thanks.
Frenct is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 10:39 AM #739
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenct View Post
Just bought a brand new Ninja Reg a few months back. The burst disk just blew last week. I took it a part to clean it and there was a ton of dust like dirt covering the insides. Could that cause the burst disk to blow? It was white powder, not sure if it was residue inside the tank, or from really dirty air fills. Thanks.
Yes, that is the MAIN REASON why burst disks on our systems fail - dirty air fills. Players dont realize that there are multiple orings inside of the regulator that need to be cleaned and lubed, just like the orings on your bolt for your marker (just not nearly as often). If you dont maintain the regulator, it could have problems. When a burst disk blows, its the regs way of saying there's a problem that needs to be taken care of before reinstalling a new burst disk. A good cleaning and relube usually takes care of that.

We found that the white powdering residue is from moisture drying...similar to hard water stains you see. If a compressor is not being properly maintained and the moisture separator is not working, it can blow moisture down the fill line and into your reg. Again, a good cleaning and relube will usually take care of any debris that accumulates in your reg from dirty air fills.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 02:23 PM #740
JcSolomon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
The tank Is leaking from under the bonnet, the 2 Allen screw holes and the fill nipple. This is very surprising because I bought the tank less than a month ago and only have used it tree times
JcSolomon is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:08 PM #741
jsauce0
 
 
jsauce0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ventura county
i got a empire 65/4500 hydro good till 06/16 looking to trade for a 48/6500
jsauce0 is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:11 PM #742
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Yes, that is the MAIN REASON why burst disks on our systems fail - dirty air fills. Players dont realize that there are multiple orings inside of the regulator that need to be cleaned and lubed, just like the orings on your bolt for your marker (just not nearly as often). If you dont maintain the regulator, it could have problems. When a burst disk blows, its the regs way of saying there's a problem that needs to be taken care of before reinstalling a new burst disk. A good cleaning and relube usually takes care of that.

We found that the white powdering residue is from moisture drying...similar to hard water stains you see. If a compressor is not being properly maintained and the moisture separator is not working, it can blow moisture down the fill line and into your reg. Again, a good cleaning and relube will usually take care of any debris that accumulates in your reg from dirty air fills.
Since these regs cost $60, why oh why is there not a filter in or under the fill nipple?! Dirt in the air is such a common reason for reg failure that it should be standard equipment on all new regs.
__________________
Gear bag sale: Barrels, mask, loaders, gun cases, etc LOOK!!!, Ion Part Out
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070864
White-gold LV1, Cyborg RX, DP Threshy
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998
rkenders is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:37 PM #743
General Cole
NLD Paintball
 
General Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCo, NM
Annual Supporting Member
General Cole plays in the PSP
General Cole posts videos on PbNation
General Cole is an NCPA player
General Cole plays in the APPA D4 division
General Cole is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
General Cole is Boss
General Cole supports Empire
Not dirt, liquid. Or calcium deposits.
__________________
General Cole is offline  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 AM #744
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcSolomon View Post
The tank Is leaking from under the bonnet, the 2 Allen screw holes and the fill nipple. This is very surprising because I bought the tank less than a month ago and only have used it tree times
JcSolomon, even if the air system is brand new, you can have issues - due to NO FAULT of the regulator. I'm guessing something got inside the reg, causing the orings to not seal up correctly.

I highly recommend watching:



Give the reg a good cleaning and add some silicone based grease and air it up. Also make sure to wipe the parts and inside of the reg with a light colored non-abrasive material...maybe like an old white shirt. If you see any debris on it, then you know that is most likely the cause of the problem.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 AM #745
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsauce0 View Post
i got a empire 65/4500 hydro good till 06/16 looking to trade for a 48/6500
Please DO NOT post your products to sell on our Ask a Ninja Tech thread....especially another manufacturer's product.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:42 AM #746
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
Since these regs cost $60, why oh why is there not a filter in or under the fill nipple?! Dirt in the air is such a common reason for reg failure that it should be standard equipment on all new regs.
What happens when the filter on the fill nipple gets dirty and clogged? Then you have to service your fill nipple. Either way, you're still going to have to do some maintenance on your regulator.

Just like an oil change on a car, a little preventative maintenance on your regulator can go a long way in making sure you dont have leaks or problems. Unfortunately, we can't force stores and fields to maintain the compressors and fill operations so this is something players have lived with for years and will continue to live with until something changes.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:10 PM #747
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
What happens when the filter on the fill nipple gets dirty and clogged? Then you have to service your fill nipple. Either way, you're still going to have to do some maintenance on your regulator.
It's a problem for sure! Has Ninja ever considered making a small filter device that can go between the fill nipple and the fill station. Something that can be serviced easily and is small enough to fit in your pocket? I would buy one! I have looked around for something like what is on a lot of air compressors that has a small liquid and particulate trap in it. My compressor has one! I want one that will work at 4500psi.

On the subject of maintenance...
My 3 GA regs that failed were less than 1 year old. They should NOT have needed maintenance that soon. If Ninja regs are susceptible to the same problem with dirt or debris in the air as any other reg, then there is no real advantage. I want regs that DON'T fail. If that means some kind of filter that I carry with me to the fill station then so be it!
__________________
Gear bag sale: Barrels, mask, loaders, gun cases, etc LOOK!!!, Ion Part Out
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070864
White-gold LV1, Cyborg RX, DP Threshy
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998
rkenders is offline  
Old 05-08-2012, 04:31 PM #748
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
It's a problem for sure! Has Ninja ever considered making a small filter device that can go between the fill nipple and the fill station. Something that can be serviced easily and is small enough to fit in your pocket? I would buy one! I have looked around for something like what is on a lot of air compressors that has a small liquid and particulate trap in it. My compressor has one! I want one that will work at 4500psi.

On the subject of maintenance...
My 3 GA regs that failed were less than 1 year old. They should NOT have needed maintenance that soon. If Ninja regs are susceptible to the same problem with dirt or debris in the air as any other reg, then there is no real advantage. I want regs that DON'T fail. If that means some kind of filter that I carry with me to the fill station then so be it!

Yes but there are some liability issues that might go along with making a new type of filter device that would go on the end of a fill station or fill line. We've tossed around the idea of a filtered fill nipple but as those get clogged up, your tank will start to fill slower and slower until you clean the filter. Same thing would happen on a filter on a fill line or fill station, it would still need to be cleaned/maintained so it doesnt get clogged.

What you could possibly do is buy a filtered fill nipple from Bob Long (available at most large internet sites) and install it on your Ninja regulator. It would fit on our product if you want to maybe try it out and see if the filter would work better for you.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 PM #749
Duran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I have a Ninja 68/45 that's about two years old and it has this small bump that sticks outward like if you were to try and puncture the tank from the inside. It's only about the size of a pen head but you can definitely feel it when you rub your fingers over it. Is this something I should be worried about or is this normal.
Duran is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 06:33 AM #750
Frenct
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kansas
Annual Supporting Member
Frenct owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Frenct plays in the APPA D4 division
Frenct supports DLX Technology
s

Hello Ninja,
Bought a reg from you guys a few months back. The burst disk blew and I've had a hell of a time trying to get it off. I used the correct size socket wrench and it stripped the head to the burst disk. Then I used vice grips and it stripped it more. Anyone else having this problem? The other burst disk came out, but it seemed like it had a ton of lock tite on it. It took two people to get that one off. I'm pretty sure I'm out that new reg, but just checking. Thanks.
Frenct is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 AM #751
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran View Post
I have a Ninja 68/45 that's about two years old and it has this small bump that sticks outward like if you were to try and puncture the tank from the inside. It's only about the size of a pen head but you can definitely feel it when you rub your fingers over it. Is this something I should be worried about or is this normal.
nothing to worry about and 100% normal.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 AM #752
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenct View Post
Hello Ninja,
Bought a reg from you guys a few months back. The burst disk blew and I've had a hell of a time trying to get it off. I used the correct size socket wrench and it stripped the head to the burst disk. Then I used vice grips and it stripped it more. Anyone else having this problem? The other burst disk came out, but it seemed like it had a ton of lock tite on it. It took two people to get that one off. I'm pretty sure I'm out that new reg, but just checking. Thanks.
We DO NOT use loctite on our burst disks, or any other thread sealant for that matter. The threads on our burst disk are self-sealing threads and do not require anything on the threads to get them to seal correctly.

Which socket did you use?

btw, using vice grips on any part of your regulator is NOT recommended.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM #753
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Yes but there are some liability issues that might go along with making a new type of filter device that would go on the end of a fill station or fill line. We've tossed around the idea of a filtered fill nipple but as those get clogged up, your tank will start to fill slower and slower until you clean the filter. Same thing would happen on a filter on a fill line or fill station, it would still need to be cleaned/maintained so it doesnt get clogged.

What you could possibly do is buy a filtered fill nipple from Bob Long (available at most large internet sites) and install it on your Ninja regulator. It would fit on our product if you want to maybe try it out and see if the filter would work better for you.
The BL fill nipples can be used on one bottle only and the tiny screen under them does work until they get clogged like you said. I have looked at filters and have found some with a fine metal screen and a fabric like filter material. In my opinion it's the bits of stuff that are the problem, not a little water in the air. As a result a particulate filter is all that's really needed. The only reliability issues I can see are the same ones involved with any fill station. The whip o-ring blows out if the collar isn't locked down. A design that uses the standard fittings found on fill whips and tanks is not going to create a reliability issue. A 2 part filter that threads together with a couple of o-rings to seal it up would be very reliable. The filter would last for years since it has no moving parts.
__________________
Gear bag sale: Barrels, mask, loaders, gun cases, etc LOOK!!!, Ion Part Out
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070864
White-gold LV1, Cyborg RX, DP Threshy
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998
rkenders is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 01:40 PM #754
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
The BL fill nipples can be used on one bottle only and the tiny screen under them does work until they get clogged like you said. I have looked at filters and have found some with a fine metal screen and a fabric like filter material. In my opinion it's the bits of stuff that are the problem, not a little water in the air. As a result a particulate filter is all that's really needed. The only reliability issues I can see are the same ones involved with any fill station. The whip o-ring blows out if the collar isn't locked down. A design that uses the standard fittings found on fill whips and tanks is not going to create a reliability issue. A 2 part filter that threads together with a couple of o-rings to seal it up would be very reliable. The filter would last for years since it has no moving parts.
Definitely understand where you're coming from. I meant "liability" and not really "reliability". Its something we had looked into in the past but our insurance company that provides us with General Product Liability insurance would not cover this particular kind of product. We looked into it about 4 years ago when Ninja first came out and unfortunately, we just couldnt get it covered under our insurance plan. Maybe if we took the time to redesign what we were thinking of, it could pass. Right now, we just dont feel its a product that we could make enough profit on to warrant retooling, new programs for the CNC machines, and design/prototyping.

I do like the idea though. Just something we aren't looking into at this time...mostly due to the original idea getting shot down by our insurance carrier
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM #755
Idontknowmyusername
 
 
Idontknowmyusername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nürnberg/Germany
I opened my Ninja yesterday and don´t like what i smell...
The used lube smells like diesel or something in this direction. Which lube do you use for your regulators?
Idontknowmyusername is offline  
Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM #756
broder
 
 
broder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sweden
broder has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
broder has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
hmmmm....how did you know?
rumors
broder is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump