Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 12:16 PM #43
PbRylan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
If you are not comfortable doing this on your own, I would highly recommend taking it to a local proshop so the reg doesnt get damaged. What type of wrench are you using? Our fill nipples have two very large flat spots on the bottom part of the part and you would need a 5/16" wrench. DO NOT use an adjustable wrench.
I guess I should have asked you about that first haha. I used an adjustable wrench for taking it off and putting it back on, as a result it now has more rounded edges than flat. It is still flat on the sides to take it off but i don't think I can screw it in any further in the condition it is. Where would I go to get a new fill nipple? I think it can be used in its current condition but just to be safe.
PbRylan is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM #44
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbRylan View Post
I guess I should have asked you about that first haha. I used an adjustable wrench for taking it off and putting it back on, as a result it now has more rounded edges than flat. It is still flat on the sides to take it off but i don't think I can screw it in any further in the condition it is. Where would I go to get a new fill nipple? I think it can be used in its current condition but just to be safe.
Your local pro shop should have them. If they don't have them or you do not have the luxury of a pro shop near you, you can buy direct from Ninja.
__________________
MN Pro Paintball - Minnesota's Premiere Paintball Retailer and Park
We stock MacDev, DLX, GI, Eclipse, Virtue, Ninja, Raza, Dye, Empire, Tippmann and more!
FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL NEW GUNS? YA, WE DO THAT!
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline  
Old 11-16-2011, 03:56 PM #45
jonathanmanh88
 
 
jonathanmanh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
tank size comes down to personal preference. I always recommend you take your ego11 to a local store or field and ask either the store employees or various players at a field if you can screw their air system in to your asa on your marker and then shoulder the setup to see if its a comfortable length for you. Ego11's get good efficiency so you wont really have to worry about running out of air unless you're playing big games and plan on staying out on the field for a long time. I usually recommend at 5'6" and up, you look at either a 45/4500 or 68/4500. Those seems to be a good length for people at that height or taller.

If you feel comfortable opening up the adjustable reg to fine tune the output pressure to your marker, then I would go with the adjustable. If you want something you can take out of the box, screw it into your marker, and go shoot people, then use the SMP550. the SMP was designed specifically for players that dont feel comfortable opening up an adjustable to change the output pressure.
So just repeating, (I'm very new to the regs, I want to start off with the "best" one)
The easiest one to use is the SMP550?
I'm looking to get one for a new crossfire graffiti tank, and the biggest thing for me is the ability to move the pressure gauge, and the fill nipple
Sorry if repeating/ stupid questions.
jonathanmanh88 is offline  
Old 11-16-2011, 04:11 PM #46
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmanh88 View Post
So just repeating, (I'm very new to the regs, I want to start off with the "best" one)
The easiest one to use is the SMP550?
I'm looking to get one for a new crossfire graffiti tank, and the biggest thing for me is the ability to move the pressure gauge, and the fill nipple
Sorry if repeating/ stupid questions.
Hi Jonathan. No worries on the questions. Its better to ask and get it right the first time versus finding out you purchased the wrong reg for your marker.

The SMP550 is built specifically with some high end markers in mind. Its a mid-pressure 550psi output (fixed out put so you dont have to open it up to adjust the pressure) and is perfect on markers such as the DM, NT, Ego, Geo, Axe, Mini, Creed, Demons and a few other markers.

Which marker do you shoot?
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:43 PM #47
jonathanmanh88
 
 
jonathanmanh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Hi Jonathan. No worries on the questions. Its better to ask and get it right the first time versus finding out you purchased the wrong reg for your marker.

The SMP550 is built specifically with some high end markers in mind. Its a mid-pressure 550psi output (fixed out put so you dont have to open it up to adjust the pressure) and is perfect on markers such as the DM, NT, Ego, Geo, Axe, Mini, Creed, Demons and a few other markers.

Which marker do you shoot?
My main currecntly is a dpg3, however my backup is a geo2 xD
I am looking to get a geo2.1 as my main however.
Thanks for being friendly
jonathanmanh88 is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:28 AM #48
PbRylan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
Your local pro shop should have them. If they don't have them or you do not have the luxury of a pro shop near you, you can buy direct from Ninja.
Is it safe to fill the tank with the fill nipple screwed in most of the way ith teflon tape? Theres only like 1 thread thats not fully screwed in. Im playing this saturday and not sure if I will have time to get another one before. Would like to get some use out of my new tank lol
PbRylan is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:31 AM #49
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmanh88 View Post
My main currecntly is a dpg3, however my backup is a geo2 xD
I am looking to get a geo2.1 as my main however.
Thanks for being friendly
That SMP550 will work fine for those markers. Those geo2.1's are nice btw. That's usually the marker I use when I go play.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 AM #50
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbRylan View Post
Is it safe to fill the tank with the fill nipple screwed in most of the way ith teflon tape? Theres only like 1 thread thats not fully screwed in. Im playing this saturday and not sure if I will have time to get another one before. Would like to get some use out of my new tank lol
Yes. It will be fine as long as its not leaking. Even if its a small leak, you can still play. If its draining air rapidly, then it could be an issue and someone at the field should be able to help you install it at the correct depth to fix any leaks that may occur
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:23 PM #51
Adamwv15
pharmer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Adamwv15 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Adamwv15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Adamwv15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Adamwv15 supports DLX Technology
I noticed this crack on my cover and I think it keeps getting bigger, is it anything to worry about? It seems much larger than other cracks I've seen posted.



Adamwv15 is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 11:53 PM #52
jonathanmanh88
 
 
jonathanmanh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
That SMP550 will work fine for those markers. Those geo2.1's are nice btw. That's usually the marker I use when I go play.
Thank ye
I'm about to restart paintball, and once I get enough funds I'm going to get a blue black dynasty geo 2.1
They seem hard to find used....
Hahaha anyway, thank you for the help!
jonathanmanh88 is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 09:19 AM #53
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwv15 View Post
I noticed this crack on my cover and I think it keeps getting bigger, is it anything to worry about? It seems much larger than other cracks I've seen posted.
email me at rob@ninjapaintball.com with a copy of these pics and your first/last name, shipping address, and phone number. I'll send you an RA# so you can send that in and get a new Ninja bottle as a replacement

btw, the crack is only cosmetic and has nothing to do with the safety of the bottle. It is 100% safe to use.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 PM #54
wassup720
nom nom nom
 
wassup720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SO CAL *323*
wassup720 plays in the PSP
wassup720 posts videos on PbNation
wassup720 plays in the APPA D3 division
wassup720 supports DLX Technology
Hey rob I am not sure if I removed all of the shims in my reg. In the manual it looks likes there is supposed to be four shims but only three came out.
There is two red ones and one silver one
thanks
__________________
Jacob Glaze likes men - Matthew is a balla <3

sadistik
og trucklife
wassup720 is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:14 PM #55
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassup720 View Post
Hey rob I am not sure if I removed all of the shims in my reg. In the manual it looks likes there is supposed to be four shims but only three came out.
There is two red ones and one silver one
thanks
The amount of shims that come with our regulators can vary since these regs are hand built and tolerances differ from reg to reg. If your system came with three, thats the way it was built to have it ship out at 800psi (+/-25 psi)
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:37 PM #56
wassup720
nom nom nom
 
wassup720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SO CAL *323*
wassup720 plays in the PSP
wassup720 posts videos on PbNation
wassup720 plays in the APPA D3 division
wassup720 supports DLX Technology
Ok thanks. And will I have the same results as other tanks if I took out all three for lowpressure? Going to be using it on a g6r
__________________
Jacob Glaze likes men - Matthew is a balla <3

sadistik
og trucklife
wassup720 is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 04:12 PM #57
akfo7
 
 
akfo7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
akfo7 plays in the PSP
akfo7 plays in the APPA D4 division
akfo7 supports DLX Technology
I am getting a clone soon, how many red shims should I have in my adjustable tank. Or what does an adjustable ninja reg run with no red shims?
akfo7 is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 11:03 AM #58
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassup720 View Post
Ok thanks. And will I have the same results as other tanks if I took out all three for lowpressure? Going to be using it on a g6r
If you take out all your shims to be at a low pressure output, your output should be in the 500psi ballpark, give or take about 25 psi from reg to reg. As has been stated before, you can also purchase an SLP reg with runs at about 275 psi to optimize efficiency and smoothness in your G6R.

Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfo7 View Post
I am getting a clone soon, how many red shims should I have in my adjustable tank. Or what does an adjustable ninja reg run with no red shims?
In the adjustable regulator should have 2 red shims with either 1 or 2 silver shims. Removing 1 red shim will drop you to about 650 psi output, give or take 25 psi from reg to reg. Removing 2 shims should put you down to about 500 psi output, again with the 25 psi variance. I have seen some clones (V2 or Vx, not sure on V1's) run on SLP regs and SMP regs. I would suggest removing 1 red shim at first and seeing how that works for you. If you do not get any shoot down or do not chrono inconsistently, then that pressure should be good. You can also experiment with removing 2 red shims, just pay close attention for shoot down or inconsistency at the chronograph. I personally used the MP550 reg on my Clone VX, so I feel safe in saying 500 psi output should work for you, but bear in mind that all guns will vary, similar to how some Geo2.1's/Ego11's can run on SLP regs and some can't.
__________________
MN Pro Paintball - Minnesota's Premiere Paintball Retailer and Park
We stock MacDev, DLX, GI, Eclipse, Virtue, Ninja, Raza, Dye, Empire, Tippmann and more!
FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL NEW GUNS? YA, WE DO THAT!
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 10:50 PM #59
JLAudioCavalier
 
 
JLAudioCavalier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
JLAudioCavalier supports Team VICIOUS
Rob, I have PM'd you. Let me know if you got it. For some reason PBN isn't putting any sent messages in my sent box lately?!?
JLAudioCavalier is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 AM #60
reganyouth17
 
 
reganyouth17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: westville illinois
Ok, I may be thinking about this too hard but im debating on getting an slp for my victory. But ur slp runs at 275psi and with the vic the lp is at 75psi and hp is at 200-210 give or take. If your shooting out more air than is going into the gun how does that work. Like your pressures add up to like 285ish and theres only 275psi going into the gun. Or am I thinking about this too hard?
reganyouth17 is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 AM #61
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by reganyouth17
Ok, I may be thinking about this too hard but im debating on getting an slp for my victory. But ur slp runs at 275psi and with the vic the lp is at 75psi and hp is at 200-210 give or take. If your shooting out more air than is going into the gun how does that work. Like your pressures add up to like 285ish and theres only 275psi going into the gun. Or am I thinking about this too hard?
All you need to worry about is the HP psi. From the HP reg the air is then regulated down to the LP reg. You don't add both to see what your reg pressure should be. The SLP was intended solely for the Victory and G6R, so it's your best bet
__________________
MN Pro Paintball - Minnesota's Premiere Paintball Retailer and Park
We stock MacDev, DLX, GI, Eclipse, Virtue, Ninja, Raza, Dye, Empire, Tippmann and more!
FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL NEW GUNS? YA, WE DO THAT!
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 PM #62
reganyouth17
 
 
reganyouth17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: westville illinois
Thanks!
reganyouth17 is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 AM #63
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAudioCavalier View Post
Rob, I have PM'd you. Let me know if you got it. For some reason PBN isn't putting any sent messages in my sent box lately?!?
Got it. Pm'd you back.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump