Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 02:35 PM #463
Emperor Bacon
Yea Dood.

Emperor Bacon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Emperor Bacon has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Emperor Bacon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Emperor Bacon has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I recently dropped my Ninja Stubby and the gel coating just fell off. I was wondering if I should send my tank into you or is it safe to use it? Heres some pics

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2012, 06:36 AM #464
thecherry0121

Rob iv just been sold a ninja slp at my local site in the uk to replace my maxflo as I needed a standard fittment bottle reg. I told him it was so I can use it on my ego and tippmann and was told it would be fine. I have just found out however that my ego 05 xsv runs at 300-320 output pressure, and my tippmann needs about 450-550 so I'm presuming this reg is useless for me unless I can change it to HP cheaply(which i believe i cant )

Regards andy

Also are the ninja pro regulators available in the uk as i may just have to get my local site to swap it out for one of those

Last edited by thecherry0121 : 03-19-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:44 PM #465
Lungorthin
War Cult Supremacy

Annual Supporting Member
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Hey, I got a ninja tank and I lowered the output pressure by taking all shims out of the tank for my low pressure markers. I filled the tank to about 3000 and did a leak test with a bowl of water. No leaks. The tank was a hot fill and I know the tank drops in pressure a little bit as the tank cools but I checked back in a couple of days and I had almost no air in the tank. Maybe enough for 2-4 pods. My Empire HPA tank was filled to 3000 and held pretty firm. Wondering why I had almost no air left in the ninja...

Last edited by Lungorthin : 03-18-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:25 AM #466
JFOG11
JoJo Fogarty

JFOG11 is playing at Living Legends V
JFOG11 is for the Gunfight
JFOG11 supports Pev's Paintball
JFOG11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Where can I find thr hydro date on my Ninja 50/4500?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:02 PM #467
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShaDow View Post
Thanks, very helpful. I may need a bonnet soon and I was wondering before I bought one if it would make a great difference. I am not very concerned about the weight difference the steel would make as long as it is stronger I will go with that one.
Most people go with steel due to the longevity of the threads. Its a tougher metal versus aluminum and will last longer. However, if weight might be more of a concern, you can use an aluminum bonnet but I would recommend adding a light coating of DOW grease on the threads before you screw the air system into you ASA. That way, you're not screwing aluminum on aluminum and eating away at the threads.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-19-2012, 04:03 PM #468
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Bacon View Post
I recently dropped my Ninja Stubby and the gel coating just fell off. I was wondering if I should send my tank into you or is it safe to use it? Heres some pics
Emailed you back this morning
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 PM #469
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecherry0121 View Post
Rob iv just been sold a ninja slp at my local site in the uk to replace my maxflo as I needed a standard fittment bottle reg. I told him it was so I can use it on my ego and tippmann and was told it would be fine. I have just found out however that my ego 05 xsv runs at 300-320 output pressure, and my tippmann needs about 450-550 so I'm presuming this reg is useless for me unless I can change it to HP cheaply(which i believe i cant )

Regards andy

Also are the ninja pro regulators available in the uk as i may just have to get my local site to swap it out for one of those
Andy, you are mistaking OPERATING PRESSURE on a marker versus OUTPUT PRESSURE on a tank regulator. These are two totally different things.

The SLP regulator will NOT work on the tippmann and may or may not run on the Ego. You need a different regulator. the SLP regulator is built specifically for the Bob Long G6R's and Victory, although it may also work on other markers.

You need our adjustable regulator, which is actually our least expensive regulator. I have a feeling that Ego5 can run off of mid-pressure (550psi output from your tank regulator) and your tippmann definitely needs high pressure (800-950psi depending on if you're running RT and/or Cyclone feed).
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-19-2012, 04:11 PM #470
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
Hey, I got a ninja tank and I lowered the output pressure by taking all shims out of the tank for my low pressure markers. I filled the tank to about 3000 and did a leak test with a bowl of water. No leaks. The tank was a hot fill and I know the tank drops in pressure a little bit as the tank cools but I checked back in a couple of days and I had almost no air in the tank. Maybe enough for 2-4 pods. My Empire HPA tank was filled to 3000 and held pretty firm. Wondering why I had almost no air left in the ninja...
Slow seal, slow leak, fitting not sealing, etc...it could be a number of different things.

You said you didnt see any bubbles when submerging the regulator under water. Without us knowing where the leak is coming from, it will be almost impossible to tell you what you can do to fix it.

There is obviously a leak if the air system if your gauge is reading zero now. If you submerge the reg under water again, make sure to leave it there for a bit...you might not have held it underwater long enough to see a bubble come out from a slow leak.

If you dont want to wait for the bubble, you can always give your regulator a cleaning and relube job if you haven't done it in a while. There could be a piece of debris on an oring which is causing it to not seal up correctly
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-19-2012, 04:12 PM #471
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOG11 View Post
Where can I find thr hydro date on my Ninja 50/4500?
Read your DOT label. It will be listed on there. If you're not sure what to look for, check the sticky which will tell you how to read the label

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3563269
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-19-2012, 06:42 PM #472
Lungorthin
War Cult Supremacy

Annual Supporting Member
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Slow seal, slow leak, fitting not sealing, etc...it could be a number of different things.

You said you didnt see any bubbles when submerging the regulator under water. Without us knowing where the leak is coming from, it will be almost impossible to tell you what you can do to fix it.

There is obviously a leak if the air system if your gauge is reading zero now. If you submerge the reg under water again, make sure to leave it there for a bit...you might not have held it underwater long enough to see a bubble come out from a slow leak.

If you dont want to wait for the bubble, you can always give your regulator a cleaning and relube job if you haven't done it in a while. There could be a piece of debris on an oring which is causing it to not seal up correctly
I left it under the water later and found a leak at the fill nipple. Not out of the end of the nipple itself but where it meets the reg. I've only used this tank twice. What should I do about it?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 PM #473
xXxM4A1xXx
Im Behind You... Pop

xXxM4A1xXx is BST Trusted
xXxM4A1xXx is playing at Living Legends V
xXxM4A1xXx posts videos on PbNation
xXxM4A1xXx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xXxM4A1xXx has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xXxM4A1xXx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Is there a way to have a new jell coating appiled to a tank because upon looking at a tank i bought it has a crack on the side and now the bottom but the fibers seem to be fine

Sponsored By:
Paintball Explosion --- Killjoy Industries --- Flurry Industries

The SaintS Proudly Shoot Markers Manufactured By:
Tippmann --- Tiberius Arms
Old 03-19-2012, 09:56 PM #474
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
I left it under the water later and found a leak at the fill nipple. Not out of the end of the nipple itself but where it meets the reg. I've only used this tank twice. What should I do about it?
You can either try tightening it down a bit more or you can remove the fill nipple, re-apply a thread sealant tape, and reinstall. It sounds like the thread sealant tape just didnt seal up 100% and you have a slow leak now.

just remember to degas the bottle before working on a regulator.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 PM #475
bakamonkey

I had a crack on my tank. Its not deep but across the bottol about 3". Look like a clear coat crack. I just try to make sure it is safe to play with or what can i do to fix it.
Thanks
Old 03-19-2012, 11:43 PM #476
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakamonkey View Post
I had a crack on my tank. Its not deep but across the bottol about 3". Look like a clear coat crack. I just try to make sure it is safe to play with or what can i do to fix it.
Thanks
email me some pics at rob@ninjapaintball.com, along with your full name, address, and a ph# i can contact you back at. Once I see some pics of the damage, I can let you know if its still safe or not.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-20-2012, 01:27 AM #477
wassup720
nom nom nom

wassup720 plays in the PSP
wassup720 posts videos on PbNation
wassup720 plays in the APPA D3 division
wassup720 supports DLX Technology
Rob, will you be at HB? My burst disk blew!
For some reason my tank vents when it is lower then like 200-300psi so I went to fill it and while it was filling it just went boom! leak..
Would you be able to fix that kind of thing at HB?

sadistik
og trucklife
Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 AM #478
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassup720 View Post
For some reason my tank vents when it is lower then like 200-300psi so I went to fill it and while it was filling it just went boom! leak..
You could probably fix it yourself! The beauty of a user-serviceable reg is that you can fix things yourself and it only takes 3 mins.

When a burst disk goes, it is your reg telling you it isn't sealing something properly and needs to be serviced. Below is a set of instructions for you to follow which covers all bases... You might as well do it all since you'll have your reg open anyway.

1. Degas your bottle completely (Already done for you if your burst disk blew)
2. Take off your bonnet by taking out the 2 grub screws then using the bonnet removal tool included with your tank/reg.
3. Wipe everything in the regulator down with a paper towel, taking off all dirt/old lube.
4. Replace any orings that look worn/damaged.
5. Re-lube all orings using a silicone based lube. DO NOT USE HYDROCARBON BASED LUBES SUCH AS OIL OR GREASE. If you do, your tank will explode, killing you. Not joking at all, this is serious stuff. If you are not sure if your lube is oil based or not, ask someone (like Rob) if what you have is ok. Dow33 will work in a pinch, though Ninja Lube is what I use.
6. Put it all back together, replacing the burst disk along the way, and you should be good to go!

If you have any further trouble, go to www.ninjapaintball.com and they have some regulator service videos that you can watch to get a visual walk-through if my instructions don't make sense to you.

Good luck!

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.

Last edited by Super69ur : 03-20-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:14 AM #479
thecherry0121

Cheers Rob for the reply

Have the pro regulators been released in the uk yet as I like the look of those
Old 03-20-2012, 10:30 AM #480
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassup720 View Post
Ninja will be at HB and if you stop by the booth before your matches, we can service your regulator for you.

However, what Super69ur is 100% true. This is why we made the regulator a two piece design. If you do what he's saying, you will most likely fix the regulator yourself instead of waiting for us to do it at the event.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-20-2012, 12:31 PM #481
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Hey rob, I also was wondering if you had any Ninja 49's available for purchase? I would like one, but the only place I can find one is selling it with an Ultralight Reg, and I want the new PRO. Wondering if you could make that happen?

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:51 PM #482
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post
Hey rob, I also was wondering if you had any Ninja 49's available for purchase? I would like one, but the only place I can find one is selling it with an Ultralight Reg, and I want the new PRO. Wondering if you could make that happen?
I wish. We stopped manufacturing those and the 70s a year and a half ago. Whatever is for sale is the last of the stock from way back when.

One place you can check is swapmytank.com. They have a trade in program and may have a used 49/4500 laying around that you could order with a new PRO regulator.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM #483
frankie says chillax
...bro

frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
rob, would the slp work on my 07 cyborg?

it's running at 200psi hpr/50psi lpr on a 600psi output cp tank reg

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
Closed Thread