Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 01:36 PM #442
PoloBeer
 
 
PoloBeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: East Texas
Thanks man.
PoloBeer is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 PM #443
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Make sure in your email that you include your name and phone number as well, left that part out on accident. Enjoy your new Pro reg, I know I do
f8al is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 04:33 PM #444
StandUpxBoston
upRise
 
StandUpxBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
I am guessing you mean one of the two burst disks? Your tank more than likely just got over pressurized and purged the air. I would recommend disassembling the reg and giving it a very thorough cleaning. Wipe down all the internals and relube them with a small amount of Ninja Lube or any silicone based grease, DO NOT USE OIL! Reassemble everything and put a new burst disk on and you should be ready to rock man
You are the man!
StandUpxBoston is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 PM #445
skyflier43
\/\/Commence Drooling\/\/
 
skyflier43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: with your mom!
skyflier43 posts videos on PbNation
skyflier43 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
Hey skyflier, let me help Rob out here and answer this for ya. The Luxe runs best at a mid output pressure, see the Luxe Mob's custom SMP550 regs. With the SLP outputting 275-300 you will more than likely see either shoot down or the inability to chrono. That's not to say that Luxe's across the board can't run at that pressure, but you would want to test that out before committing to the SLP platform. The new Ninja Pro Regulator might be your best bet. With the Pivot Technology and Efficiency Dynamics it will give you the best bang for your buck. You can set it to 450, 550, 700 and 800 for output pressures. While the 550 would be perfect for it, you could also try going down to 450 and seeing how that works for you. If I didn't fully answer your question feel free to post back or shoot me a PM and I will get you squared away

yeah man that works THANKS!
skyflier43 is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM #446
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandUpxBoston View Post
You are the man!
Happy to help man, let Rob or myself know if you ever need any help in the future!
f8al is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 07:10 PM #447
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
Happy to help man, let Rob or myself know if you ever need any help in the future!
Thanks for the help once again f8al!!
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 PM #448
ShbbY007
 
 
ShbbY007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
cant seem to get my ninja ultra light to stop leaking, you cant hear it leaking but leave it alone with air only to return theres no air left, relubed the piston orings and still nothing...could it be where the reg screws into the tank? is it safe to put teflon tape around the part taht screws into the bottle??
__________________
Meadowlands Paintball
Prestige Paintball
Ground Assault
ShbbY007 is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 02:17 PM #449
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShbbY007 View Post
cant seem to get my ninja ultra light to stop leaking, you cant hear it leaking but leave it alone with air only to return theres no air left, relubed the piston orings and still nothing...could it be where the reg screws into the tank? is it safe to put teflon tape around the part taht screws into the bottle??
cleaning and relubing the piston orings will only solve leaks in certain areas. In order to find out how to fix your regulator properly, we need to know EXACTLY where the leak is coming from. When you put air in your tank, submerge the regulator under water and let us know where the bubbles are coming from. That will help us to help you.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 PM #450
meatloaf
COCKERMAN
 
meatloaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: *626*
meatloaf is a Supporting Member
meatloaf is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I just wanna say the folks at Ninja are the REAL deal! I had an older tank that was in Storage for 2 years, when I pulled it out it had a crack in the resin. I contacted Rob and he took care of me like a pro! he replaced the Bottle for NO CHARGE! The tank was an 08 hydro, I now have a brand new bottle. If that isn't customer service/ Taking pride in their product, I don't know what is!

I will keep supporting Ninja as long as they have a company.

THANKS AGAIN ROB!

Patrick
__________________
-AKA/Splatt Attack Revenge V2
-04 CCM J2
-04 superman featherlite Viking
-02 Freeflow Lotus
-GX-3 sniper
-99 RF 'Cocker
meatloaf is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 06:00 PM #451
ShbbY007
 
 
ShbbY007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
hey rob turns out it was my fill nipple and i removed and used some teflon tape and reattached n the leak is gone, thnx again for the great tech support, this why i only buy ninja tanks and ninja regs
__________________
Meadowlands Paintball
Prestige Paintball
Ground Assault
ShbbY007 is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 06:09 PM #452
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
I just wanna say the folks at Ninja are the REAL deal! I had an older tank that was in Storage for 2 years, when I pulled it out it had a crack in the resin. I contacted Rob and he took care of me like a pro! he replaced the Bottle for NO CHARGE! The tank was an 08 hydro, I now have a brand new bottle. If that isn't customer service/ Taking pride in their product, I don't know what is!

I will keep supporting Ninja as long as they have a company.

THANKS AGAIN ROB!

Patrick
Anytime Patrick Glad to help out!
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 06:10 PM #453
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShbbY007 View Post
hey rob turns out it was my fill nipple and i removed and used some teflon tape and reattached n the leak is gone, thnx again for the great tech support, this why i only buy ninja tanks and ninja regs
Perfect! good to hear it was an easy fix
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 PM #454
NoShaDow
MC Historical Inaccuracy
 
NoShaDow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow supports Team VICIOUS
NoShaDow is for the Gunfight
NoShaDow has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
In the regular adjustable reg, what is the pressure taken down when a shim is removed? Also what is the difference between the brass and the aluminum bonnet? Sorry if these have been answered, I just thought about this as I was browsing the site and the news post about the pro reg.
__________________
Proud DM6 Owner


TCMilitia[center]

51st Orca Street Hustlers
NoShaDow is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 12:53 PM #455
zer0kid
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Can Dow 33 be used to lube Ninja reg internals?
zer0kid is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 PM #456
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShaDow View Post
In the regular adjustable reg, what is the pressure taken down when a shim is removed?
Red shims are roughly worth about 150psi each
Silver shims are roughly worth about 50psi each

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShaDow View Post
Also what is the difference between the brass and the aluminum bonnet? Sorry if these have been answered, I just thought about this as I was browsing the site and the news post about the pro reg.
We went to an alloy bonnet made of steel instead of brass due to the rising cost of the materials to make brass. Alloy bonnets are more durable because the metal isnt as soft as aluminum. However, if you need a light system and trying to shave as much weight as possible, I would recommend the Aluminum bonnet.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 01:16 PM #457
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0kid View Post
Can Dow 33 be used to lube Ninja reg internals?
yes sir Any silicone based grease will work. You just need to make sure its NOT OIL BASED.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 04:31 PM #458
Kil187
Ocean View's Finest
 
Kil187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 2 up 2 down State
Kil187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kil187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kil187 plays in the APPA D4 division
Kil187 supports DLX Technology
Quick question about the new pro reg concerning the Belleville spring stack. I thought that a traditional spring is/was more "reliable" than the Belleville style spring. Just wondering why the switch to the new spring stack. Thanks in advance.

-Phil
__________________
Kil187 is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 PM #459
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil187 View Post
Quick question about the new pro reg concerning the Belleville spring stack. I thought that a traditional spring is/was more "reliable" than the Belleville style spring. Just wondering why the switch to the new spring stack. Thanks in advance.

-Phil
Great question, Phil. Through field testing and testing at our facility just outside of Chicago, we found that using the coil spring would give you about a 5-7fps fluctuation over the chrono. When we would use the same regulator but use a Belleville Spring Pack, we found that you would get a fluctuation of about 3-5fps.

Even though the Bellevilles dont provide a huge gain in performance, it was a gain none the less so we opted to go with that spring for our PRO regulators.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 AM #460
Kil187
Ocean View's Finest
 
Kil187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 2 up 2 down State
Kil187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kil187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kil187 plays in the APPA D4 division
Kil187 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Great question, Phil. Through field testing and testing at our facility just outside of Chicago, we found that using the coil spring would give you about a 5-7fps fluctuation over the chrono. When we would use the same regulator but use a Belleville Spring Pack, we found that you would get a fluctuation of about 3-5fps.

Even though the Bellevilles dont provide a huge gain in performance, it was a gain none the less so we opted to go with that spring for our PRO regulators.
Thanks Rob!
__________________
Kil187 is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 02:30 PM #461
StandUpxBoston
upRise
 
StandUpxBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
Happy to help man, let Rob or myself know if you ever need any help in the future!
thanks a lot. its nice to see proffesionals helping us. I did exactly what you said and im ready to go!
StandUpxBoston is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 PM #462
NoShaDow
MC Historical Inaccuracy
 
NoShaDow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow supports Team VICIOUS
NoShaDow is for the Gunfight
NoShaDow has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Red shims are roughly worth about 150psi each
Silver shims are roughly worth about 50psi each



We went to an alloy bonnet made of steel instead of brass due to the rising cost of the materials to make brass. Alloy bonnets are more durable because the metal isnt as soft as aluminum. However, if you need a light system and trying to shave as much weight as possible, I would recommend the Aluminum bonnet.
Thanks, very helpful. I may need a bonnet soon and I was wondering before I bought one if it would make a great difference. I am not very concerned about the weight difference the steel would make as long as it is stronger I will go with that one.
__________________
Proud DM6 Owner


TCMilitia[center]

51st Orca Street Hustlers
NoShaDow is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump