Old 03-06-2012, 01:02 PM #421
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB

If you're down that low, add one silver shim back in and that would raise it up roughly 50psi. Seems like the axe likes about 500-550psi. If you can't chrono over a certain velocity and you need it raised, add another silver shim (total of 2 inside) or if you dont have another silver shim, add one red only. That should get you up to about 600psi roughly...still fine on the Axe or Minis.
thanks Rob. When I head in to the shop, I'll get it bumped up and check it.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM #422
skyflier43
\/\/Commence Drooling\/\/

skyflier43 posts videos on PbNation
skyflier43 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
hows the preformance of a ninja SLP on a luxe 1.0. Ive heard that people suggest to use a lil higher of an output on these like 350-450. I know ur slp is around 275. Can you shine some light on this for me?

i guess my question is, Will I have drop off or inconsistency with the lower pressure or will it just be easier on the internals?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM #423
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyflier43 View Post
hows the preformance of a ninja SLP on a luxe 1.0. Ive heard that people suggest to use a lil higher of an output on these like 350-450. I know ur slp is around 275. Can you shine some light on this for me?

i guess my question is, Will I have drop off or inconsistency with the lower pressure or will it just be easier on the internals?
Hey skyflier, let me help Rob out here and answer this for ya. The Luxe runs best at a mid output pressure, see the Luxe Mob's custom SMP550 regs. With the SLP outputting 275-300 you will more than likely see either shoot down or the inability to chrono. That's not to say that Luxe's across the board can't run at that pressure, but you would want to test that out before committing to the SLP platform. The new Ninja Pro Regulator might be your best bet. With the Pivot Technology and Efficiency Dynamics it will give you the best bang for your buck. You can set it to 450, 550, 700 and 800 for output pressures. While the 550 would be perfect for it, you could also try going down to 450 and seeing how that works for you. If I didn't fully answer your question feel free to post back or shoot me a PM and I will get you squared away
Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM #424
WIballer06

WIballer06 is playing at Living Legends V
I just purchased a used ninja 50/4500 tank on pbnation and there is a patch maybe 1 cm x 1 cm that has 3 small bubbles on it just want to make sure its nothing to worry about.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:50 PM #425
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIballer06 View Post
I just purchased a used ninja 50/4500 tank on pbnation and there is a patch maybe 1 cm x 1 cm that has 3 small bubbles on it just want to make sure its nothing to worry about.
If you could post pics that would be much more helpful. Are the bubbles in an untouched region of the tank or does the tank look like it has had a repair patch added?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 PM #426
WIballer06

WIballer06 is playing at Living Legends V
http://imgur.com/imxrI

that is the image of the tank I know it is kind of blurry but it gets the point across.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:51 AM #427
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
I feel pretty safe in saying that your tank is most certainly safe to use. I am sure Rob will chime in when he gets in tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:16 AM #428
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIballer06 View Post
http://imgur.com/imxrI

that is the image of the tank I know it is kind of blurry but it gets the point across.
Sorry guys, been crazy busy at work the last few weeks

The tank is 100% safe to use. The black gel coat is there for cosmetic reasons only and does not affect the integrity of the tank
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-10-2012, 03:15 PM #429
brokejokeFF

brokejokeFF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Disregard- went back a couple pages and found my answer

Last edited by brokejokeFF : 03-10-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:28 PM #430
StandUpxBoston
upRise

My ninja reg's bust valve randomly blew at 4 am? why is this?
Old 03-10-2012, 06:52 PM #431
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandUpxBoston View Post
My ninja reg's bust valve randomly blew at 4 am? why is this?
I am guessing you mean one of the two burst disks? Your tank more than likely just got over pressurized and purged the air. I would recommend disassembling the reg and giving it a very thorough cleaning. Wipe down all the internals and relube them with a small amount of Ninja Lube or any silicone based grease, DO NOT USE OIL! Reassemble everything and put a new burst disk on and you should be ready to rock man
Old 03-11-2012, 11:29 AM #432
bokyo102

bokyo102 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Rob @ Ninja PB: can i use the micro ninja gauge( the one on 45/4500) for 13/3000? Thanks.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:35 PM #433
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyo102
Rob @ Ninja PB: can i use the micro ninja gauge( the one on 45/4500) for 13/3000? Thanks.
Yes you can. Gauges are interchangeable, as long as the gauge goes as high as your tank's capacity. Just make sure you screw the gauge on tight enough so it doesn't leak and you'll be golden
Old 03-11-2012, 01:47 PM #434
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
If a Ninja regulator comes new with 2 orings, is it the Ultralite or is that not necessarily the case?

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 03-11-2012, 04:52 PM #435
bokyo102

bokyo102 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
@f8al: thanks for the reply. appreciate it..
Old 03-12-2012, 01:11 PM #436
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
If a Ninja regulator comes new with 2 orings, is it the Ultralite or is that not necessarily the case?
No. That means you have a 2nd generation regulator. Third generation, called the PRO regulator, was just released a week ago. The Ultralite regulator comes with an Aluminum bonnet and micro gauge. Thats how you can tell if you have an Ultralite versus the standard 2nd generation reg.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-12-2012, 01:12 PM #437
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyo102 View Post
@f8al: thanks for the reply. appreciate it..
sorry i didnt get to you sooner bokyo. Been crazy busy. Anything that f8al says is good to go so you're getting good info when he posts.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll be able to get you more timely responses this week.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 03-12-2012, 02:22 PM #438
Fastedd27
Not So Fast ;)

Annual Supporting Member
Fastedd27 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I hope you guys can help! I have a 50/4500 tank that has been great up until now... Its been covered since day one and never dropped...I usually go to the same field 95% of the time and This past week I went to a different field and they removed the cover to find a split in the gel coat on tank...who knows how long it has been there as my regular field never checks it...and of course they wont fill it now.

the split is very narrow just wide enough for a finger nail and about 1.5 inches long...the born on date is 01-11...so of course its out of warranty... so what are my options? I was told there was some issues with a certain batch of these and the coating being too thick or something...dunno

Any advice as to how i should proceed would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post80711063
Old 03-12-2012, 03:40 PM #439
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
No. That means you have a 2nd generation regulator. Third generation, called the PRO regulator, was just released a week ago. The Ultralite regulator comes with an Aluminum bonnet and micro gauge. Thats how you can tell if you have an Ultralite versus the standard 2nd generation reg.
Thanks for the info.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 PM #440
PoloBeer

So over the weekend while I was at PSP Galveston I picked up the new Ninja SLP Pro Reg for my Victory. Great reg, everything operates fine, but when I went to my local field and tried to use it on my Victory it wouldn't air up. Upon investigation I found that the ASA on the Victory couldn't suppress the pin in the Reg, the ASA's pin just didn't come out far enough to make contact with the pin on the Reg.

I figured maybe it was just a problem with the Victory ASA, took it apart and made sure everything was working fine, then I decided to test it on some other guns, had the same problem with my old G4, worked fine with my buddies Luxe though.

Long story short the my Victory's ASA isn't compatible with the new Ninja Pro Reg. What I'm wondering though is is this problem unique to my Victory or is it going to problem with all Bob Long guns with that model of ASA?

Anything you guys can do to help would be greatly appreciated, I was really exited to get the new Pro Reg but now I'm worried that I might have to buy a whole new Reg.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2012, 01:31 PM #441
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastedd27 View Post
I hope you guys can help! I have a 50/4500 tank that has been great up until now... Its been covered since day one and never dropped...I usually go to the same field 95% of the time and This past week I went to a different field and they removed the cover to find a split in the gel coat on tank...who knows how long it has been there as my regular field never checks it...and of course they wont fill it now.

the split is very narrow just wide enough for a finger nail and about 1.5 inches long...the born on date is 01-11...so of course its out of warranty... so what are my options? I was told there was some issues with a certain batch of these and the coating being too thick or something...dunno

Any advice as to how i should proceed would be greatly appreciated!
Hey Fastedd27, one of the best things you can do it post a picture of the crack for verification purposes. The black gel coat is cosmetic and a crack only in the gel coat will still allow you to use the tank. If you are 100% sure there are no fibers showing or that you cannot feel any fibers, then the tank is absolutely safe to use. You can also email Rob@NinjaPaintball.com the pictures, your name/address/phone number and let him know what's up. If it was a tank from the bad batch he will be ale to get you sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloBeer View Post
So over the weekend while I was at PSP Galveston I picked up the new Ninja SLP Pro Reg for my Victory. Great reg, everything operates fine, but when I went to my local field and tried to use it on my Victory it wouldn't air up. Upon investigation I found that the ASA on the Victory couldn't suppress the pin in the Reg, the ASA's pin just didn't come out far enough to make contact with the pin on the Reg.

I figured maybe it was just a problem with the Victory ASA, took it apart and made sure everything was working fine, then I decided to test it on some other guns, had the same problem with my old G4, worked fine with my buddies Luxe though.

Long story short the my Victory's ASA isn't compatible with the new Ninja Pro Reg. What I'm wondering though is is this problem unique to my Victory or is it going to problem with all Bob Long guns with that model of ASA?

Anything you guys can do to help would be greatly appreciated, I was really exited to get the new Pro Reg but now I'm worried that I might have to buy a whole new Reg.

Thanks
Hey PoloBeer, that is an odd problem you have there. Two of my teammates have the new Pro reg and one of them is using his on a 2012 G6R without issue. What I would do is email Rob@NinjaPaintball.com and let him know the problem you are having. He should be able to help you get this problem sorted out, they won't leave you out to dry.
Closed Thread