Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 02:00 AM #22
Themacnameddre
 
 
Themacnameddre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Hey,

Is there any way to remove my tank reg without a bonnet removal tool? Or anything I can use in it's place?

I took out the 2 screws that hold the bonnet in plane and can freely twist the bonnet but only up to a point and then it won't budge.

Air is drained completely and I want to set it to a lower pressire just can't get the bonnet off???
Themacnameddre is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 08:18 AM #23
Bobtheballer
wanabe gunwhore
 
Bobtheballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clarksville, TN
Bobtheballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
If you see two Ninja "N" logos on either side of the bonnet (top half of your reg), thats an adjustable. Our GS Series regs will say SLP, SMP550, or SHP on it. Glad you found the vid. If you have any other questions, let me know...and grats on your Ninja system
Thank you! It is indeed the adjustable one. Can't wait to take it to play now
__________________
SL74
07 Ego
PM7
Bobtheballer is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 AM #24
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themacnameddre View Post
Hey,

Is there any way to remove my tank reg without a bonnet removal tool? Or anything I can use in it's place?

I took out the 2 screws that hold the bonnet in plane and can freely twist the bonnet but only up to a point and then it won't budge.

Air is drained completely and I want to set it to a lower pressire just can't get the bonnet off???
There has got to be something wrong with the bonnet threads or reg body threads. I wonder if the set screws have ever come loose and as you removed the air system from your marker, maybe the screws stripped some of the threads on the reg body (bottom half of your reg). My tech said to work it back and forth. If you cant get it off, there is definitely a problem and the only thing we can suggest at that point is to take it to a local proshop to see if they can do something for you or send it in to us so we can inspect it and see whats going on.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 10:28 AM #25
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtheballer View Post
Thank you! It is indeed the adjustable one. Can't wait to take it to play now
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 02:57 PM #26
LGT06
 
 
LGT06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I don't see it listed on your website so I'm wondering how much does the SMP550 regulator weigh?

I also don't see any tanks with the SMP550 pre-installed on your website, but I'm assuming if I called you guys up you could sell me an HPA tank with the SMP550 regulator installed?
LGT06 is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 03:05 PM #27
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGT06 View Post
I don't see it listed on your website so I'm wondering how much does the SMP550 regulator weigh?

I also don't see any tanks with the SMP550 pre-installed on your website, but I'm assuming if I called you guys up you could sell me an HPA tank with the SMP550 regulator installed?
about 4oz roughly

You sure can. We encourage you to support your local store, field, or internet site but you can buy it from us if you dont have somewhere local to go.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:16 PM #28
lordevan
 
 
lordevan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
 has been a member for 10 years
i got a macdev reg extender and it seems that the pin valve on both my ninja tanks are too short for it to work. is there a way to get a slightly longer pin valve?
__________________
My old feedbacks:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=143027
lordevan is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 04:25 PM #29
Jtspectra2
 
 
Jtspectra2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Jtspectra2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ninja helped fix my problem.. Great CS.. Thanks so much !

Last edited by Jtspectra2 : 11-14-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
Jtspectra2 is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 06:28 PM #30
NEPxWeezy
Deese Nutz
 
NEPxWeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
NEPxWeezy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NEPxWeezy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NEPxWeezy plays in the APPA D4 division
NEPxWeezy supports DLX Technology
So i was filling my tank and the glass over the gauge blew out and now the little paper number thing is all inverted and such and i don't know what the pressure is. Any way i could get a new piece of glass? I know a new gauge is only like 10 bucks but i need to conserve every last penny
__________________
Dm6 and Legend For Sale
NEPxWeezy is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 11:50 AM #31
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordevan View Post
i got a macdev reg extender and it seems that the pin valve on both my ninja tanks are too short for it to work. is there a way to get a slightly longer pin valve?
I'm sorry but we do not make a "longer" pin valve. First i've heard of the Macdev ones not working on our regs.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 AM #32
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtspectra2 View Post
Ninja helped fix my problem.. Great CS.. Thanks so much !
glad to help
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 11:57 AM #33
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPxWeezy View Post
So i was filling my tank and the glass over the gauge blew out and now the little paper number thing is all inverted and such and i don't know what the pressure is. Any way i could get a new piece of glass? I know a new gauge is only like 10 bucks but i need to conserve every last penny
pm'ing you now.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 PM #34
kj100607
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
hpa tank

how to build your own compressor tank at home to fill hpa tanks. i have a place to play at home and do not want to buy a bunch of tanks then have to pay to fill them up. does anyone have a schematic of a tank system that can safely acheive enough pressure to fill 3000 psi tanks. thanks
kj100607 is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 07:58 PM #35
throe
 
 
throe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I have looked around to not alot of success but what would be the ideal ninja tank size / regulator for ego 11 that I will be playing woods and speedball.. do you think a 68 is too big? And SMP reg or adjustable? Thanks bud
throe is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 10:42 AM #36
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj100607 View Post
how to build your own compressor tank at home to fill hpa tanks. i have a place to play at home and do not want to buy a bunch of tanks then have to pay to fill them up. does anyone have a schematic of a tank system that can safely acheive enough pressure to fill 3000 psi tanks. thanks
http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 10:45 AM #37
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by throe View Post
I have looked around to not alot of success but what would be the ideal ninja tank size / regulator for ego 11 that I will be playing woods and speedball.. do you think a 68 is too big? And SMP reg or adjustable? Thanks bud
tank size comes down to personal preference. I always recommend you take your ego11 to a local store or field and ask either the store employees or various players at a field if you can screw their air system in to your asa on your marker and then shoulder the setup to see if its a comfortable length for you. Ego11's get good efficiency so you wont really have to worry about running out of air unless you're playing big games and plan on staying out on the field for a long time. I usually recommend at 5'6" and up, you look at either a 45/4500 or 68/4500. Those seems to be a good length for people at that height or taller.

If you feel comfortable opening up the adjustable reg to fine tune the output pressure to your marker, then I would go with the adjustable. If you want something you can take out of the box, screw it into your marker, and go shoot people, then use the SMP550. the SMP was designed specifically for players that dont feel comfortable opening up an adjustable to change the output pressure.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 02:30 PM #38
PbRylan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Yes, you can safely remove your fill nipple from your regulator without having to do anything to it (as long as there is no air inside the tank). After you reapply teflon tape and air it up, let us know what happens.
So with alot of hard effort I managed to unscrew the air fill nipple. I applied a new coating of teflon tape and anm still currently in the process of screwing it back in. This is because the grip has started to strip and I am finding it extremely difficult to grip it with the wrench. There is very little left to screw in but I can't seem to get a good enough grip on it to do so anymore. Any tips on how to do this? I just don't want to risk filling it without the airfill nipple completely screwed in.
PbRylan is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 04:18 PM #39
nuggetthegreat
 
 
nuggetthegreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
nuggetthegreat owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
This past weekend my ninja 68/4500 tank blew the LP burst disk (i think). AIr just started leaking out of the LP disk area until the tank was almost empty. A few months ago however, my bonnet came loose and was twisting around the reg body, the small bonnet screws gouged a ring into the reg body neck. There was debris and shavings all around the reg and bonnet, i tried to clean it the best i could. So now with the burst disk blown, do you think i should just replace the disk, or can leftover shavings cause the disks to keep blowing out? If thats the case i will just buy a whole new reg for the tank. So...replace disk or whole reg?
thanks
nuggetthegreat is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 07:04 PM #40
goopers
"Do I aughta GOOP U"
 
goopers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 60192
goopers is playing at Living Legends V
goopers is for the Gunfight
goopers supports Pev's Paintball
goopers has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
my ninja 49/45 isn't leaking but when i shake it it makes a noise as if there is something in the reg should i get this fixed? Should i worry about this? Should i not care?
goopers is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 08:10 PM #41
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: F.O.D
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetthegreat View Post
This past weekend my ninja 68/4500 tank blew the LP burst disk (i think). AIr just started leaking out of the LP disk area until the tank was almost empty. A few months ago however, my bonnet came loose and was twisting around the reg body, the small bonnet screws gouged a ring into the reg body neck. There was debris and shavings all around the reg and bonnet, i tried to clean it the best i could. So now with the burst disk blown, do you think i should just replace the disk, or can leftover shavings cause the disks to keep blowing out? If thats the case i will just buy a whole new reg for the tank. So...replace disk or whole reg?
thanks
Can you post a pic of the ring gouged into your reg body? That could likely be the issue causing the leak, not necessarily your burst disk. Has this been a constant issue since your bonnet incident or a recent development? If this is a new problem then I would highly suggest you clean your reg and see if that works.

To clean your reg, safely degas your air system and remove the grub screws. Once you remove the screws take your bonnet. Lift your bonnet off slowly and remove all your internals, paying attention to what order everything is in (the shims do not matter though). Clean the inside of the reg body and bonnet out with q-tips or something similar so you are able to reach all the tight areas. Visually inspect the piston oring and the oring below the pin valve opening in the bonnet for nicks and wear and replace them if they are damaged. Wipe everything down with a clean cloth or towel and then relube with some form of paintball grease (Dow33/Sleek/SLick/PE Grease etc) making sure to NEVER USE OIL as your reg could/would explode upon trying to fill it. Once you have relubed everything, put the internals back in the system as they were, tighten the bonnet and tighten the grub screws.

Hope this helps you out man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopers View Post
my ninja 49/45 isn't leaking but when i shake it it makes a noise as if there is something in the reg should i get this fixed? Should i worry about this? Should i not care?
Is there any air in your tank? If not, then you are most likely hearing the shuttle valve within the fill nipple. It is a pin with an oring on it that creates the seal when you are done filling your tank that moves semi-freely with no pressure in the tank. If you do have air in the system, I would refer to my advice above on cleaning the reg, but also paying careful attention to what internals you have in your reg and comparing them to the schematic of a new regulator to make sure A) your internals are all there and that B) they are in the proper order.

Hope this helps!
__________________
MN Pro Paintball - Minnesota's Premiere Paintball Retailer and Park
We stock MacDev, DLX, GI, Eclipse, Virtue, Ninja, Raza, Dye, Empire, Tippmann and more!
FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL NEW GUNS? YA, WE DO THAT!
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs
f8al is offline  
Old 11-16-2011, 09:18 AM #42
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbRylan View Post
So with alot of hard effort I managed to unscrew the air fill nipple. I applied a new coating of teflon tape and anm still currently in the process of screwing it back in. This is because the grip has started to strip and I am finding it extremely difficult to grip it with the wrench. There is very little left to screw in but I can't seem to get a good enough grip on it to do so anymore. Any tips on how to do this? I just don't want to risk filling it without the airfill nipple completely screwed in.
If you are not comfortable doing this on your own, I would highly recommend taking it to a local proshop so the reg doesnt get damaged. What type of wrench are you using? Our fill nipples have two very large flat spots on the bottom part of the part and you would need a 5/16" wrench. DO NOT use an adjustable wrench.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump