Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-06-2015, 05:03 PM #1
bear#10

bear#10 is a Professional paintball player
bear#10 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Giant Tactical Stadium @ Hsp // Official Thread

Hey guys, Im posting this as the official thread for the Giant Tactical Stadium inside Hollywood Sports. I wanna hear thoughts, ideas, concerns, likes and dislikes, I want to make the best playing facility possible for you guys, so lets keep it constructive and lets work together and grow this game! As well as getting scrims and seeing who is playing!

Thanks for everyones support, #GTFAM

Giant Tactical // Los Angeles
www.GiantTactical.com
@GiantTactical
bear#10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2015, 08:53 AM #2
Danny138Von
Danny N. Bergman

Danny138Von plays in the PSP
Danny138Von plays in the APPA D1 division
Constructive: I feel like the stadium should be a bit wider to accommodate the right dimensions and leave a little space on the sidelines for people to set-up in between points as well as for photographers/videographers.etc. As of now I feel the stadium is a tad on the snug side.
LA Collision
Danny138Von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:05 PM #3
P8nTl34LL3r

has been a member for 10 years
Hsp needs to to be byop (excluding a few name brands that ruin the field) .... and then also carry all types of paint at top competitive prices still making sales on paint..... prices from 30-40 tops for a full box not 2/3... making most of your money on entrances and air but drawing more players in and get this sport growing again like back in 03-07. We cant grow this sport if we cant afford to play it on more frequent bases. This is just my opinion.
P8nTl34LL3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:21 PM #4
Goalieman_33

Goalieman_33 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Goalieman_33 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree with the both people above me.

I also think you need more refs like the main stadium ref that are there doing their job. I been going to hsp and by far the stadium ref is the best because he does paint checks and moving around instead of staying and talking on the sidelines. He is the one that called bear and mouse out during opening day after they stayed in the points continuing to play on obvious hits.

Hsp needs more active refs that love paintball that keeps the games fair for beginners to experience guys. We need this sport to grow and refs like that protect the inexperienced guys from the experience guys during games.
Goalieman_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:26 AM #5
ruben42
2k5er

ruben42 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by P8nTl34LL3r View Post
Hsp needs to to be byop (excluding a few name brands that ruin the field) .... and then also carry all types of paint at top competitive prices still making sales on paint..... prices from 30-40 tops for a full box not 2/3... making most of your money on entrances and air but drawing more players in and get this sport growing again like back in 03-07. We cant grow this sport if we cant afford to play it on more frequent bases. This is just my opinion.
I agree, it's about time HSP is byop. I also wish that one of the memberships covered both SC Village and HSP but that's my opinion.
ruben42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:21 PM #6
Murz
2 FRAAMEEZZZ!!

Murz is attending Decay of Nations VII
Murz supports Empire
double post

Last edited by Murz : 02-09-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:37 PM #7
Murz
2 FRAAMEEZZZ!!

Murz supports Empire
I want to start off by saying the Stadium is beautiful Bear! We love it – It’s exactly what the HSP players wanted. Cheers to you for bringing it to us. Below I’ll go ahead and run off the good and bad about the Stadium in hopes that it adds to the constructive criticism.

Pros:

- Paul, the main stadium ref. Give this guy a raise and let him train a couple other refs to run the stadium just like he does.

- Air fill station located on site!

- Turf & Bunkers are beautiful. Please help Paul keep them this way.

- Picnic benches.

Cons:

- The biggest issue right now to me is that not enough players show up to the stadium on the weekends. The main reason (in my opinion) is the prices of entry and paint/paint quality.

- Paint Quality & Price. We need good quality paint at competitive prices (2,000 count). The 4-star that is currently offered would be perfect at $40-$50 a case. If HSP can’t offer good paint at competitive prices then make it BYOP for the stadium.

- Entrance fee. Maybe we can get a discounted entry fee for players who would only be playing in the stadium. Maybe some type of discount for teams who want to make HSP their home practice field?

- I believe the measurements of the field are a little off from PSP standards; Maybe we could fix that? I know this may be hard to do after the fact, but it is a valid issue.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:14 PM #8
PBFR33K187
paint<3ball

PBFR33K187 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Byop!!!!!!!!
PBFR33K187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:59 PM #9
Bulldogg
◄XTRM►

Annual Supporting Member
I live 8 minutes from HSP and I don't play there because of the field paint requirement.

I think lower stadium only entrance fees as well as BYOP strictly for the stadium would draw a lot more players.
Bulldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM #10
310baller

310baller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
310baller plays in the APPA D4 division
I got to Play 1 time since it's opened on the New Stadium Field. I have played at HSP numerous years and also attended the first opening of the Original Stadium ( Now an airsoft field ).

It's a very nice field and the Ref everyone keeps talking about is amazing. He kept the games flowing and every one got a turn no matter what they were private, Semi, pump guys.

Paint and Entry do hurt a bit to play for 1 day and not only that the cases for the lower grade are 1600. I live no more than 3/4 of a mile from HSP and I would most of the Time just drive to SC Village due to BYOP And overall lower entry Fess and bigger turnouts. What I would spend on 2 cases, entry and Gas at SC I would barely get a case of Paintballs at HSP. Hurts sometimes because it's so close and I even happen to drive by and check it out and sees whose there and there's just a empty field with a low turn out.

Ideas ?
- Buy a case for Speedball and get a discount on entry?
- buy 2 cases or more get 1 free entry to Stadium Only.

Idk just a thought but who em I to say anything about prices lol

Pump wouldn't be a problem playing at HSP because you wouldn't go through tons of paint obviously. On the other hand I don't think I would take my semi there just due to overall cost of everything.

I loved the field and appreciate what you brought back to HSP. On the other hand it's a business and Iknow you have to keep your doors open so you have to do what you have to dooooo.

Last edited by 310baller : 02-10-2015 at 08:15 PM.
310baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:44 PM #11
PntBllJnky22
iMehrab

PntBllJnky22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I agree with everyone else.

more people would go if it was BYOP therefore HSP would make more money.

I remember being 13 and going to play on Thursday night and it being packed.

don't you guys want this to happen again?
PntBllJnky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:27 PM #12
Ego3
pew pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by P8nTl34LL3r View Post
qft and byop ftw

Went this past sunday after not being in years with some friends who just started playing, refs were hassling us about which paint was allowed on scenario/speedball. If were buying your paint there, shouldnt we be allowed to use it anywhere? I'm all on board for worrying about paintball quality for speedball bunkers, turf, etc but for scenario, to have your refs tell a couple us we couldnt play cause we didnt have the right paint makes absolutely no sense and dont remember that at all back in the day. On the positive side, the speedball field that was set up was super clean just suupper slow getting teams on and off the field, I understand it gets difficult at times knowing who's on deck, been waiting or whatever but for only having 1 speedball field, you guys need to try to get a better system going. Played my first bears cup there back in the day and still remember when that stadium was brand new and pimpin. Not trying to be negative, just trying to help paintball grow like everyone else. HSP is local for a lot of people, byop (even though I know you guys dont want to) and youll get some more business for your pops bear no doubt.

Last edited by Ego3 : 02-09-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Ego3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:29 PM #13
p8ntballah
oG

p8ntballah is a Supporting Member
p8ntballah owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogg View Post
I live 8 minutes from HSP and I don't play there because of the field paint requirement.

I think lower stadium only entrance fees as well as BYOP strictly for the stadium would draw a lot more players.

QFT. I live 45 minutes away and would be more than happy to make the drive out on weeknights if there was a universal rule of lower entry for stadium only play as well as BYOP. It is quite a ridiculous business practice to force people to use over-priced low quality paint when the same quality or even better quality can be purchased at a fraction of the cost. *no offense intended*

Also, it seems a bit unfair for people that choose to play only one field have to pay the same amount as people that choose to play ALL of the fields.

I grew up playing at HSP, even a few Bears Cups back in '03, and numerous Toys for Tots charity tournaments, it was also the first field I chose to drive to when I first got my DL. Needless to say it would be nice to return to the place where I learned to love the game and see other kids grow to love it as well.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:24 PM #14
carolinapanic

I've just returned to the sport and HSP is my closest field. Instead I an extra 45 minutes to other fields because of the BYOP.

if you treat your customers right with BYOP, you will win in the long run. Every major company that takes care of their clients, see them return the favor with increased business. Im sure HSP will be the best place in town if BYOP changes.
carolinapanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:00 PM #15
p8nt127
A L I V E

p8nt127 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
What if you made speedball and walk-on byop and have private groups field paint only?
This way you cater to your loyal customers that have been there since day one and bring in more tourney players.

Also,
What about selling quality paint at a FAIR price in your pro-shop?
I feel most players wouldn't have a problem with the field paint only rule if the field paint was decent quality and not just 1600 rounds.

Come on, you're the only field in Los Angeles. It is your responsibility to boom the paintball scene here. It's not fair to extort your players like this, it's highway robbery to the people that love this sport.

On the same note, but sort of off topic.
Check your gtfam boys.
Never see them buying house paint, yet they're always on the field.
p8nt127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:54 AM #16
ogicemen (Banned)
2004 er

hsp is just made to suck as much money outa you as possiubble
ogicemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:05 AM #17
xxanalog

Byop back you use to do it on Fridays but it stopped, I live closer to hsp but choose to drive to sc now
xxanalog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:04 PM #18
deadcole

deadcole owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
deadcole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deadcole supports Pev's Paintball
deadcole has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bring cheap paint or byop or do what cp dose and say no oil based paint have 25 for entry like other parks and full cases
Old 02-18-2015, 08:53 PM #19
Murz
2 FRAAMEEZZZ!!

Murz supports Empire
I would like to formally request a new layout

PSPDallas2015.jpg
Old 02-19-2015, 01:04 PM #20
mercui2y
Pew! Pew!

mercui2y owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
mercui2y owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I agree, would love to see this layout this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murz View Post
I would like to formally request a new layout

Attachment 84225
mercui2y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:47 PM #21
carolinapanic

crickets