Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:31 PM #400
Sabb
Meow Meow

Sabb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sabb supports Team VICIOUS
Sabb plays in the APPA beginner division
The thread Cole posted, I believe, was to discourage any attempts to ship the counterfeit markers to the US. I have not heard of anyone owning a ZR1 that had issues like they stated in that thread. It was also said that if you had unknowingly attained one the guns then they would replace the mis-machined parts with brand new ones free of charge EVEN THOUGH they do have every right to seize the marker since it was not lawfully distributed.

In short, it was not to deprive any individual customer of their $1000, but to preemptively stop the possible sale of 100's of counterfeit markers in the US.

Also, Mr. Rice, Cole has every right to comment and threaten legal action since you named him specifically in a post that pertained directly to a current legal dispute between him and Mr. Spurlock in which you have no part. Yes, you are defending a friend and business partner but that can end up biting you in the *** really hard if it is discovered Mr. Spurlock is planning to do/or did anything unlawful. I would suggest all parties keep of PBnation until this is resolved. I think your companies would be better off if you did.

tl;dr the Internet isn't a good place for mud slinging.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2012, 05:53 PM #401
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabb View Post
The thread Cole posted, I believe, was to discourage any attempts to ship the counterfeit markers to the US. I have not heard of anyone owning a ZR1 that had issues like they stated in that thread. It was also said that if you had unknowingly attained one the guns then they would replace the mis-machined parts with brand new ones free of charge EVEN THOUGH they do have every right to seize the marker since it was not lawfully distributed.

In short, it was not to deprive any individual customer of their $1000, but to preemptively stop the possible sale of 100's of counterfeit markers in the US.

Below I have copied and pasted the original release pertaining to what you yourself state that you're making assumptions about. If thats not what they meant then they shouldn't have said it.

The number one rule of communicating is it doesn't matter what you mean if you cannot convey that meaning.

Also, Mr. Rice, Cole has every right to comment and threaten legal action since you named him specifically in a post that pertained directly to a current legal dispute between him and Mr. Spurlock in which you have no part. Yes, you are defending a friend and business partner but that can end up biting you in the *** really hard if it is discovered Mr. Spurlock is planning to do/or did anything unlawful. I would suggest all parties keep of PBnation until this is resolved. I think your companies would be better off if you did.

Cole did not threaten legal action. He made an obscure comment about how he could "go to another level." I would consider that more inline with BELOWZERO's comment than what you said. Also, had Cole said that I fail to see what Jack did wrong.

tl;dr the Internet isn't a good place for mud slinging.

So true. It's a shame this was made public without getting all the proof in order. As ZERO said, it certainly appears like Cole is in the right here but the entire event was mishandled to say the least.
2. Zodiac Paintball will not be responsible for repairs, replacements, maintenance work or upgrades for UNAUTHORIZED copies of ZR1s. Any unauthorized copies of the gun received by Zodiac Paintball, its distributors or retail dealers will be confiscated as stolen property.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM #402
InverT
Product of the 717

Annual Supporting Member
InverT plays in the PSP
InverT supports Team VICIOUS
InverT plays in the APPA D4 division
InverT supports DLX Technology
InverT owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
This thread is about the new marker being presented, not about the companies' feud. Leave it to the other thread and keep this about the marker at hand...

BNIB Pink Floyd Geo3 F/S
Paintball Adventure Park
.:RIP Team Eminence:.
USAF 2W1
Old 02-21-2012, 08:45 PM #403
Sabb
Meow Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeage View Post
Cole did not threaten legal action. He made an obscure comment about how he could "go to another level." I would consider that more inline with BELOWZERO's comment than what you said. Also, had Cole said that I fail to see what Jack did wrong.
I'm assuming that he wasn't going to fight it out with him on the playground I guess its a dumb assumption but it is viable seeing that disclosing specifics like that could potentially hurt any case that is in the courts right now. It would have been better if names WERE NOT dropped.

But again, this is the internet, companies shouldn't fight their battles here.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 PM #404
paintball3n

paintball3n supports Team VICIOUS
paintball3n supports Pev's Paintball
paintball3n plays in the APPA D5 division
paintball3n has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The gun looks cool but the overly large trigger frame like the luxe is a turn off for me
Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM #405
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabb View Post

But again, this is the internet, companies shouldn't fight their battles here.

exactly

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 PM #406
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist supports Empire
okay okay okay.... we will settle this the old fashioned way,

best gun wins the Internet argument.

misters, cole, and spurlock, ill need to do the testing of course.

you can ship them...

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 PM #407
Reignofire

Reignofire works for a Paintball manufacturer
For all who still think I steal Ip/designs and so on. THIS IS THE PULSE LOADER PATENT GRANTED AND IM LISTED AS INVENTOR????
For all you haters, now what do you have to say about this?

books.google.com.tw
- Full view
Commissioner for Patents United States Patent and Trademark Office PO Box 1450 Alexandria, VA 22313-1450 www.uspto.gov Michael Steven Spurlock 1970 Sandy Creek Drive Seemes, AL 36575 MAILED MAY 26 2009 OFFICE OF PETITIONS In re ...

Last edited by Reignofire : 02-21-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 PM #408
Stewylouie
Understood.com

has been a member for 10 years
Stewylouie works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignofire View Post
For all who still think I steal Ip/designs and so on.

books.google.com.tw
- Full view
Commissioner for Patents United States Patent and Trademark Office PO Box 1450 Alexandria, VA 22313-1450 www.uspto.gov Michael Steven Spurlock 1970 Sandy Creek Drive Seemes, AL 36575 MAILED MAY 26 2009 OFFICE OF PETITIONS In re ...
I believe he is referring to patent no. 8,118,016

This might be easier:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/81...scription.html

Last edited by Stewylouie : 02-21-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added link
Old 02-21-2012, 10:48 PM #409
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist supports Empire
lol im just trying to get some free guns.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 PM #410
tweeter4
Quinn Nadu

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
tweeter4 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignofire View Post
For all who still think I steal Ip/designs and so on. THIS IS THE PULSE LOADER PATENT GRANTED AND IM LISTED AS INVENTOR????

books.google.com.tw
- Full view
Commissioner for Patents United States Patent and Trademark Office PO Box 1450 Alexandria, VA 22313-1450 www.uspto.gov Michael Steven Spurlock 1970 Sandy Cree

k Drive Seemes, AL 36575 MAILED MAY 26 2009 OFFICE OF PETITIONS In re ...
Man your a complete joke get out of here. If your honestly going to act like you dont steal patents then you are insane man. If you honestly sit there and look at the internals of your new marker and try to say it isnt a luxe engine your insane.

And in regards to the patent. It looks as if you took ownership of the patent yesterday. Seeing as the Torque came out in 2007 and you did not own that patent previously to 2009(as it takes roughly 3 years to get a patent completley approved, you had some sort of infringment.

Last edited by tweeter4 : 02-21-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 PM #411
Sabb
Meow Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignofire

books.google.com.tw
- Full view
Maybe you shouldn't care so much what people say on the Internet? Now you look like a try-hard and it's going to make the situation worse with your ranting. Go run your company and get off of PBnation.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:29 AM #412
Stewylouie
Understood.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Man your a complete joke get out of here. If your honestly going to act like you dont steal patents then you are insane man. If you honestly sit there and look at the internals of your new marker and try to say it isnt a luxe engine your insane.

And in regards to the patent. It looks as if you took ownership of the patent yesterday. Seeing as the Torque came out in 2007 and you did not own that patent previously to 2009(as it takes roughly 3 years to get a patent completley approved, you had some sort of infringment.
Not that it matters either way, but the patent appears to describe the Pulse, not the Torque and while the patent was recently issued, the original application appears to have been filed in 2006.

Last edited by Stewylouie : 02-22-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 AM #413
snoozy

part of me likes it the other part says eww
Old 02-22-2012, 10:05 AM #414
BryanDragan

Annual Supporting Member
I like how it has some unique milling.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:43 AM #415
tweeter4
Quinn Nadu

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
tweeter4 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewylouie View Post
Not that it matters either way, but the patent appears to describe the Pulse, not the Torque and while the patent was recently issued, the original application appears to have been filed in 2006.

Examine the patent on the link you posted. Left side of screen says the patent was applied for in 2010.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 AM #416
Stewylouie
Understood.com

Quote:
Examine the patent on the link you posted. Left side of screen says the patent was applied for in 2010.
Son, you are way over your pay grade on this one. If you would look over the PTO documents and not just the final patent excerpts you will see there were a total of four applications related to this patent.

The final application (revision) is dated April 30, 2010, as you noted which appears in the patent detail.

However, if you look at the actual patent application of April 30, you will see that it identifies the 3 earlier related and incorporated applications. I've cut and pasted the pertinent portion below for reference, but feel free to look them up on the PTO website yourself.

RELATED APPLICATIONS

[0001] This application claims the benefit of the filing dates of U.S. application Ser. No. 11/879,961 entitled PAINTBALL GUNLOADING METHODS AND APPARATUS filed Jul. 19, 2007, U.S. Application Ser. No. 60/831,662 entitled DRIVE SYSTEM FOR LOADER OF PAINTBALL GUN filed Jul. 19, 2006 and U.S. Application Ser. No. 60/849,024 entitled DRIVE SYSTEM FOR LOADER OF PAINTBALL GUN filed Oct. 4, 2006, all of which are incorporated fully herein by reference.
I wouldn't expect you to know to look for this however, as I don't think a college freshman would have taken courses to this level. But trust me, a trained attorney, when I point these things out.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:03 PM #417
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Not that it matters either way, but ... the original application appears to have been filed in 2006...PAINTBALL GUN filed Jul. 19, 2006 and U.S. Application Ser. No. 60/849,024 entitled DRIVE SYSTEM FOR LOADER OF PAINTBALL GUN filed Oct. 4, 2006, all of which are incorporated fully herein by reference.

I wouldn't expect you to know to look for this ...But trust me, a trained attorney, when I point these things out.
I think it does matter - either Mike just knocks stuff off - the accusation - or he makes new stuff, as he says.

Quote:
... If you honestly sit there and look at the internals of your new marker and try to say it isnt a luxe engine ...
I'm pretty sure this started because he was accused of knocking off Quest/Zodiac. Now it seems to be it's OK to find what "looks" closest and accuse him of that (no one, including me, has seen the "real deal" yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
... Mike is a decent guy trying to make a living in a tough economic time...
Little by little that seems to be accurate.
I say tough economic times because - as the Native Americans noted - "the yellow metal makes the white man crazy"
Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 PM #418
Stewylouie
Understood.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
I think it does matter - either Mike just knocks stuff off - the accusation - or he makes new stuff, as he says.
Jack - I was trying to be diplomatic in my wording. We all know it matters.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 PM #419
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
eatafetus supports our troops
eatafetus plays in the APPA D5 division
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus is Legendary
eatafetus supports Empire
Quote:
If you honestly sit there and look at the internals of your new marker and try to say it isnt a luxe engine your insane.
Didn't the demon already do that? And isn't it selling well?

Unless you know something we don't, all you have seen is a tiny, rendered version of a drawing someone made at one time. Might not be final, might not even be current. Then you use it to flame on this guy, while your subsequent arguments are being shot down.

Not to mention, at no point in time do the vent ports on a luxe bolt extend past the end of the can on a luxe. If anything, that rendering looks like a tiny *** can with a very long bolt. Maybe it's just positioned like that to show detail, but again, since I don't know for sure I'm not going to blast the creator about it. Maybe I'll ask a civilized question.

Hey mike, can you explain the bolt system or show live pics?

Maybe it's not spurlock who should abandon this thread.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:43 PM #420
dcbiii
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
dcbiii is a Mega Moderator
Quote:
Son, you are way over your pay grade on this one. If you would look over the PTO documents and not just the final patent excerpts you will see there were a total of four applications related to this patent.

The final application (revision) is dated April 30, 2010, as you noted which appears in the patent detail.

However, if you look at the actual patent application of April 30, you will see that it identifies the 3 earlier related and incorporated applications. I've cut and pasted the pertinent portion below for reference, but feel free to look them up on the PTO website yourself.

RELATED APPLICATIONS

[0001] This application claims the benefit of the filing dates of U.S. application Ser. No. 11/879,961 entitled PAINTBALL GUNLOADING METHODS AND APPARATUS filed Jul. 19, 2007, U.S. Application Ser. No. 60/831,662 entitled DRIVE SYSTEM FOR LOADER OF PAINTBALL GUN filed Jul. 19, 2006 and U.S. Application Ser. No. 60/849,024 entitled DRIVE SYSTEM FOR LOADER OF PAINTBALL GUN filed Oct. 4, 2006, all of which are incorporated fully herein by reference.
I wouldn't expect you to know to look for this however, as I don't think a college freshman would have taken courses to this level. But trust me, a trained attorney, when I point these things out.
Pretty sure that NPS's engineers had quite a bit of prior art that Spurlock borrowed pretty heavily from: http://www.google.com/patents?id=KgF6AQAAEBAJ

2005 predates just about everything he ever did.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.