PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-08-2011, 11:27 PM #22
RojPup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deximate View Post
3. the - not always - occasionally misogynistic side of many players that results in women, often first-timers, feeling like they are intruding upon some sort of sacred male rite and are definitely unwelcome. This is definitely not always the case, but the fact is that it occurs frequently enough that if you're a female player you either grow a thick skin very quickly or you never go back. Paintball's continued survival as an industry is contingent upon a constant influx of new players (to replace older players that drop out, to create a market for new equipment, to finance the renovation and creation of fields and stores, etc.); right now, a huge sector of the potential player pool in the US is the almost completely ignored female 50%. Get women interested in paintball, and paintball will grow exponentially.
Yeah, it's a macho sport, but a few of the best players I've seen were female. Some of the best RENTAL players were female, and partially because they were patient unlike myself. My girlfirend does pretty dang good with a Tippmann 98C, Revvy, and a Freak. She doesn't need crap that shoots fast because she's even admitted that she'll rely more on heavy firepower instead of well planned and aimed shots.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:24 PM #23
crippy02
Dat Coonass

crippy02 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crippy02 is for the Gunfight
crippy02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tourney players who act like tourney is the only way paintball is played.

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:52 PM #24
E-M-P-I-R-E

New players taking half a dozen hopper hits before they want to walk.

I played today, and spent all day tagging hopper after hopper just to have someone wipe it or play on. I was playing way loose/fun and damn near one balling it.
E-M-P-I-R-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:10 PM #25
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Douchey people.

/thread

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:50 AM #26
TooTallNiCo

1) Wipers and bonus-ballers.
2)The people who compare paintball to Call of Duty.
3)Kids who talk **** about how "great" they are and when you shoot them out say you cheated.
TooTallNiCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:20 PM #27
judgementday273
tHE jUDGE

judgementday273 supports Sherwood Forest
judgementday273 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
judgementday273 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
judgementday273 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
1) People who compare paintball to airsoft
2) Guys who run their mouth about every kill they had and then complain when they get shot
3) Rude, foul mouth, overshooting hooligans who think that is how paintball is and I should get over it...don't think so
Etha, MINI, Pinokio...
http://judgementdaypaintballblog.blogspot.com
judgementday273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:44 PM #28
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
People that jump to the "this is why paintball is dying" argument for every little problem in paintball.
ghost93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:44 PM #29
conscript37
The first guy to get shot

1) overzealous refs, it is one thing to paint check me and another to rape my leg while fondling my groin to see if I've been hit.
2) walls
3) running into walls at full speed.
conscript37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:01 PM #30
DerSpaceGhost

1) That jerk who doubts your pump because; "It doesn't shoot as fast as mine does" or some crap like that.

2) People who walk off the tourney field and into the woods and think they're the next messiah cause they play in the same small box for the majority of the time they've played.

3) People who trash talk BUT don't back it up. I'll be the first to admit that I've trashed talk a bit, that's just competition. I'm not condemning it or supporting it. But if you go on and on about how you're the next best thing and that my meek load out of a NERF tomahawk and a single hopper in an SL will never stand to your ego whatever. Don't cry to me about how I cheated when I tomahawked your sorry bum.
DerSpaceGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:48 PM #31
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen plays in the MiLP
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Gravity. Seriously, how many more awesome moves could you have pulled off if gravity hadn't stepped in and screwed you up?

People who rip on Newbs for not recognizing Gun A over Gun B. They're new, pretty sure there's no way in hell they're going to know a DM9 from a DM10 from an Ego from anything else. Just let 'em be, or correct them in a nice way, maybe let them handle/shoot your gun, that'll make their day.

New players who won't move are a huge thing for me both as a Ref and a player. As a ref it kills me the most because a lot of parties seem to have a set amount of paint coming to them, and it's tough to get them lots of games (and therefore lots of fun) if they want to waste all of their paint rainbowing balls across the field that have no chance of finding their mark. Then I'm the bad guy for threatening to pull players if they don't come out of the back bunker/fort/building whatever.
BLACK '07+ Planet Eclipse OOPS
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 PM #32
Powkoa

Waiting more than 10 minutes between games. 20 + minutes between each game is a waste of everyones time.
A regular player acting superior to new players. They give a bad trip to the field and the game.
Regular players whining when a new player shoots then out. They really gripe when a new player bunkers them.

Powkoa's old feedback
Powkoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:29 PM #33
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17

CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
It always annoys me that I have to explain to my friends that no, it's not ok to go tryhard on the 12 year old birthday parties and yes I am switching teams to prevent any bunkerings. Its even more frustrating because they're awesome guys off the field but they get so douchebaggy when they play

Also these:
1. People who rip on me when I pull out my 05 Superstock Pump or Ion. I just can't imagine how small their penises must be if they think the gun makes the player.
2. Sideline coaching. Its like having the defensive coordinator tell the linebackers exactly where the running back is going. Stupid.
3. People who aren't me who bunker my brothers. Idk if its a family defense instinct or what, but if you try to run down my bro I will light your *** up. (I know that one's stupid haha)
4. The COD references. I wouldn't mind video game references if they at least picked a decent game.
5. People who tell me they play tournaments and don't know anything about the game. And I'm not talking about obscure codes and stuff, I mean they don't know where snake is
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:39 PM #34
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Besides the obvious ones that have mentioned (complainers, wipers, jerks).

The one that pisses me off is guys who love to out gun kids and think they are the bomb. Paintball isnt big here so there are lots of tippman 98s at the fields. So heres the scenario, you show up at a field there are 7 guys there. A couple kids 12-15 and a couple local tournament guys. The kids have rental tippmans with CO2. The guys have electros shooting 20bps with air. The only way it fair is the local guys go 2 on 5 and take on the kids. They spray a ton of balls and eliminate the kids before they can even get in range with their tippmans. Now keep in mind we are on a speedball field not in the woods. So baically the kids who are new have no chance. You run a chance that you will run off kids just getting into the sport because nobody has fun getting their butts kicked. Just so happens the guys with the high end markers run the field and could have used tippmans to make it fair. I think people should make a effort to make it fair and have a good match. Not show off their guns.

And of yeah guys who spray 500 balls a match when everybody is using 100 balls a match and then complain that they cant play anymore because they are out of money. Thats lame too.
KYhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:26 PM #35
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVeaglespaintball View Post
1. People who rip on me when I pull out my 05 Superstock Pump or Ion. I just can't imagine how small their penises must be if they think the gun makes the player.
I can't imagine how small your penis must be if you have to point out how small you think their penises are.
ghost93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:41 PM #36
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17

CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost93 View Post
I can't imagine how small your penis must be if you have to point out how small you think their penises are.
...Touche

I thought of another one. Taking core samples when you superman on muddy fields. Its so frustrating when you know you can easily bump to the 40 or 50 but have to delay to clean 3 inches of mud from your barrel
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 PM #37
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYhillbilly View Post
The only way it fair is the local guys go 2 on 5 and take on the kids.
This is one of my pet peeves about the game. 2 experienced players with quality gear is NOT a fair match to 5 inexperienced players with rentals. It also automatically makes the game meaningless. The 2 experienced players win, they get to feel they're awesome (if only in their head). If they lose, no biggy, they were out numbered anyways. If the renters lose, they get to feel that they suck since a numerically inferior team beat them. If they win, it's whatever, they had so many more people it doesn't even count.

The ONLY fair way is to split up the experienced players, then split up the inexperienced players. So you'd get 1+2 and 1+3 (with the extra player on this team being the youngest, or newest). I've been one of only two experienced players before, and gladly spent the entire day on the opposite team as the other experienced guy to keep the games fair.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:41 PM #38
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
1. the complainers about how ramping and electros killed paintball.
like that apg magazine that thinks of tourney players as the devil.

2. careless refs that won't check if everyone has chrono'd, usually
the same ones that make calls from the sideline, never paintcheck

3. loosing pods. I know the rules but I fell bad to take people's stuff

4. equipment malfuction in general, should've been #1 in my list thou

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:10 AM #39
Tom?
*>sp

1: people who ***** about a kid who's parent bought them a gun. Seriously, i buy my own **** but i don't care who bought anyone else's, they're just jealous that their parents don't buy their stuff.
2: People that ***** about other kinds of paintball, wood ball players hating on speedball, speedball players hating on woods ball
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 AM #40
firefightermbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
This is one of my pet peeves about the game. 2 experienced players with quality gear is NOT a fair match to 5 inexperienced players with rentals. It also automatically makes the game meaningless. The 2 experienced players win, they get to feel they're awesome (if only in their head). If they lose, no biggy, they were out numbered anyways. If the renters lose, they get to feel that they suck since a numerically inferior team beat them. If they win, it's whatever, they had so many more people it doesn't even count.

The ONLY fair way is to split up the experienced players, then split up the inexperienced players. So you'd get 1+2 and 1+3 (with the extra player on this team being the youngest, or newest). I've been one of only two experienced players before, and gladly spent the entire day on the opposite team as the other experienced guy to keep the games fair.
Agreed. This is my biggest peeve too...Good players who aren't willing to split up and add to that Refs that are not willing to take a stand and force them to split up.
firefightermbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:53 AM #41
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
1. when people on your own team don't pay attention and shoot you
2. when referee's don't pay attention or send one ref out for a 30+ person game
3. renters that pay extra to get a full auto rental
4. parents that pay for the full auto rental

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:16 AM #42
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermbc View Post
Agreed. This is my biggest peeve too...Good players who aren't willing to split up and add to that Refs that are not willing to take a stand and force them to split up.
Its even worst here where alot of people still use CO2 on the rental equipment. Its no fun when its raining paintballs and you get eliminated before you can get in range of the other team.

And I dont see the speedball people getting on the woodsball people around here thankfully. But its kinda pointless we should all be brothers. For example you do see some recreational fisherman ragging on tournament fisherman but most should understand that competition is what leads to advances in the sport. If it werent for tournaments the technology wouldnt be as good as it is.
KYhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote