Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-06-2011, 01:58 AM #1
denverpb

most annoying thing to you.

I mean i saw it in the refs and thought one should be here. Ill start

1. kids who ask me for paint
2.kids that call paintballs bullets
3. the kids that shoot at the beginning of every game at the bunker an inch to your right
upton 187 fan #30
denverpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2011, 06:54 AM #2
95saturn

When try hards rape rentals and think they're good.
95saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 AM #3
Paintballer_23_93

1. Kids that think they are better than you cause they have an ego11 that there parents bought for them.

2. Kids that complain that you are ramping or shooting hot when you are using a pump.

3. People that bunker you and they never gave you a chance to surrender.

4. And of course, bonus balling.
Paintballer_23_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:49 AM #4
kellan

kellan is playing at Living Legends VI
kellan owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer_23_93 View Post
1. Kids that think they are better than you cause they have an ego11 that there parents bought for them.

2. Kids that complain that you are ramping or shooting hot when you are using a pump.

3. People that bunker you and they never gave you a chance to surrender.

4. And of course, bonus balling.
...? Isn't the point of paintball to get your opponent out? If he ran up and your *** and you didn't notice it's your own fault.
kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:23 PM #5
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellan View Post
...? Isn't the point of paintball to get your opponent out? If he ran up and your *** and you didn't notice it's your own fault.
Actually the point of the game is to get a flag from one point on the field to another, shooting out opponents just makes that easier.

Think about it this way. Say you go to the park with some friends and start a friendly game of Touch Football or Pond Hockey. What would you think of the one guy who insists on tackling and full body checking?

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:46 PM #6
scroadkill
still pump'n - go figure

I guess my biggest gripe is watching some dbag drive off a group of kids and offending the chaperone knowing the kids won't be back. X2 if the refs know its happening and fail to do anything about it. mixing groups is not good.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:21 PM #7
Echmo

1) Bad refs. Either they dont care or are Dbags.

2) Bonus ballers. They are scum.

3) Kids complaining about full auto when you walk the trigger.
Echmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:38 PM #8
jeepmudrunner517

jeepmudrunner517 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Definitely the guys who go nuts with rentals. And the guys who bonus ball the kids and try to act like they're tough **** because they can wreck a 12 year old.

Once my sammich maker got pissed and broke me down physically and pointed out all of my flaws. I came back with "Yeah? Well you have a saggy *****."

She flipped her **** and didn't talk to me for a week."
jeepmudrunner517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:08 PM #9
loneassassin
A Grim and...

1. People who wipe, play-on through hits, overshoot/bonus-ball, or just plain asshattery. That will always be my number 1.

2. People who must return to the staging area after EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. to get more paint, air, food, rest, etc.

3. When I go to the field and spend 90% of my time talking about the games and 10% of the time actually playing. (I'll admit, some talking is great - but a lot of that can be done at the end of the day.)

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 PM #10
Eudaemon87

1. people who bonus ball little kids their is just no need for it

2. the people that feel the need to make a scene every time they hit someone as if we should all be impressed with their skillz

3. people who wipe
Old 11-06-2011, 09:03 PM #11
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
1) People who cry about your gun being to accurate.
2) People who run their mouth, but sit in the picnic area all day.
3) People who waste a full case shooting targets at the chrono range.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:58 PM #12
Paintballer_23_93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellan

I'm talking about the guys that charge you head on and then light you up from 5 feet away.
Especially when this happens to a new player. They got a rental and then someone lights them up with there bob long or whatever high end marker they have. It sucks.
It discourages new players to continue playing and it gives paintball a bad rep.
Paintballer_23_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:26 AM #13
stayflo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer_23_93 View Post
I'm talking about the guys that charge you head on and then light you up from 5 feet away.
Especially when this happens to a new player. They got a rental and then someone lights them up with there bob long or whatever high end marker they have. It sucks.
It discourages new players to continue playing and it gives paintball a bad rep.
Unless it was stated before the game that we are playing surrender rules. I'm going to put at least one on them in the shoulder or butt, where I know they will feel it and won't spin on me.

Now for my gripes.

Cheaters, people wiping or playing through hits. We're playing rec ball damn it, its not that important that you stay in. We're probably going to play 20 more games today anyway, learn from your mistakes don't pretend they don't happen.

Selective hit guys. "it doesn't count if you hit my guy" or "lets play head and chest only". This does not work well when people are snap shooting. It also is a giant waste of paint and prolongs games.

People running their mouth against woodsball or speedball. Does everyone just forget about the saying, to each their own. By running your mouth about they other's style of play you're forcing people to choose sides where it doesn't need to happen. We both play paintball, quit ragging on the guys who don't play your type just go out there and have fun.

Getting overshot. I understand if its an accident, these things happen but if i have my hand on my head or wave my hand out from a bunker don't continue lighting me up until I'm walking away.

People who get jealous and complain about kids who's parents buy them stuff. I'm not saying that these kids should run their mouth's about being awesome players just because of their gear. I am saying that just because you don't have the money to get the gear or your parents won't fork up the dough for you doesn't mean you have to be upset at these kids. Paintball is an expensive hobby and it's on a decline right now. Any money into the industry helps let their parents buy them expensive markers it helps all of us. Maybe if enough parent's buy their kids NT's dye will make a speedfeed for the rotor that doesn't suck.

Experienced players who trounce newer players and rentals. This is not helping your game any and is driving kids away from the game. On the same note the experienced players who try to do things like "hey, how about your party of ten rentals vs. three of us owners." We all know how this turns out, it's five people down off the break then it's back to the trouncing the newbies stuff.

The rental players who are too scared to play against owners. Both of our guns shoot paintballs, both are semi auto (most of the time you have to convince them of this). Now I know alot of owners who are very protective of their gear, but I on the other hand will trade setups with one of the rental players to show them that I'm not scared to play without my gear. Chances are they aren't going to be putting them selves into any crazy positions where they could **** up your marker anyway. This also shows them that most players are really nice and will to do what ever it takes to make them feel comfortable playing.

Newer players that are afraid to bump up. You know, the ones that get into their first bunker and don't move away from it because they don't want to get shot. I find my self getting so frustrated that I'm yelling. "We're three bodies you sissy move up and help me get these last guys."
stayflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:55 PM #14
RojPup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayflo View Post
Newer players that are afraid to bump up. You know, the ones that get into their first bunker and don't move away from it because they don't want to get shot. I find my self getting so frustrated that I'm yelling. "We're three bodies you sissy move up and help me get these last guys."
This this this. Whenever I ref a group, there's always a few of these guys. I'll come up and help them out and tell them what their options are.

"You wanna shoot someone today?" "Yeah!" "Well you gotta get within their range in order for them to be within your range!"
Old 11-07-2011, 06:01 PM #15
Paintball Alien
Wanna be ASM

Paintball Alien owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Paintball Alien has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Alien has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I hate it when a player who is using an X7 with electronic trigger (on full auto) is whining that I am shooting too fast with my Shocker NXT, which is on semi and locked at 15 bps.

Even funnier cause I can barely reach 10 bps, my old fingers don't shoot fast as they used too.
ByTown Syndicate (CX4 - 2011) | Cornwall Warriors (RXL - 2013)
About Me

I would be an Annual Supporting Member, if it were not for PayPal
Paintball Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:50 PM #16
JudgeJuryExecutioner

JudgeJuryExecutioner helped look for balloons
Wipers and Bonus Ballers suck major arse !!!
JudgeJuryExecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:49 PM #17
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The biggest to me is when people complain about kids that parents bought gear for them

2.) When people say that their $1000 gun is better than some other $1000 gun (luxe vs clone) (G6R vs Ego)

3.) When expirence players wreck on rental or even newer players. I find my self moderetly expirenced (only played for a year, but am ranked d4, but play with d3-d2 players.) and when I play with "newbies" I either pull out my pump, or one ball it, while not trying at all. Hey if one of them gets me out, it will keep them wanting to come back, as they got the "good guy" out.

4.) All the threads that turn into Spool vs poppets.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 PM #18
Deximate
barracuda illuminati

Deximate is BST Trusted
Deximate supports Cereal Killerz 2
Deximate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Deximate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Deximate supports Team VICIOUS
1. (when reffing...) Seeing full-grown men turn into macho *******s when they pick up a paintball gun for the first time and verbally abusing their own kids (usually small-for-their-age first-timers who don't really want to play, but feel pressured to do so), calling them cowards, babies, or worse (way worse). I was one reffing this kid's bday party and the father of the birthday kid (eleven year old barely 5', and maybe 85 lbs soaking wet) managed to make the kid actually cry in front of all his friends. Really great example for all the other kids there, and the kid will probably need therapy for the next 15 years.
2. People who do the "i hate that new kid w/ the nice equipment; i play with a gun made of parts that I found on the side of the road and put together myself blah blah blah..." No one should have to justify their right to own nice gear, whether it's their first day out or thousandth. Enough of the damn whining already. Paintball as a sport will continue to thrive based largely on the paintball population demographic that is spending the big bucks on the fancy gear. Who cares if mommy or daddy bought timmy's brand new ego? Life isn't fair and neither is paintball. Try being nice to timmy and maybe he'll let you use his new ego.
3. the - not always - occasionally misogynistic side of many players that results in women, often first-timers, feeling like they are intruding upon some sort of sacred male rite and are definitely unwelcome. This is definitely not always the case, but the fact is that it occurs frequently enough that if you're a female player you either grow a thick skin very quickly or you never go back. Paintball's continued survival as an industry is contingent upon a constant influx of new players (to replace older players that drop out, to create a market for new equipment, to finance the renovation and creation of fields and stores, etc.); right now, a huge sector of the potential player pool in the US is the almost completely ignored female 50%. Get women interested in paintball, and paintball will grow exponentially.

OK, off my soapbox for now.

facebook - Lucy Dale Allen
Deximate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:11 PM #19
kingJurzy

kingJurzy is playing at Living Legends V
kingJurzy supports DLX Technology
1. when refs don't do paint checks

2. when the game is over, and renters shoot toward the exit,not really paying attention if they might hit someone
kingJurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 PM #20
denverpb

This thread got bigger than expected I got a new one, the kids who "forget" whi h team their on so they go to the team with the most non rentals so the game ends up being 10 on 4
upton 187 fan #30
denverpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:24 PM #21
wonderpie1

wonderpie1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
wonderpie1 is attending Decay of Nations VI
1. When kids accuse me of bonus balling when im playing pump (stock class).
2. Refs that dont care about what is going on.
3. When my friends and i have our stuff set up on a table then a group of rentals come and put there guns on top of our bags and sit at the table when there are other tables empty around.
4. People that i see with rentals a week and then come back the next with over $1000 in gear, then i see them for another week and then never again.
5. People that get shot, look at the hit ,and keep going.

Last edited by wonderpie1 : 11-08-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: I wanted to add what kind of pump i play
wonderpie1 is offline   Reply With Quote