Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-14-2014, 11:31 PM #1
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

max's GDT is playing at Living Legends III
max's GDT supports Team VICIOUS
2014 Golf Discussion Thread

Couldn't believe there wasn't one up yet for this year so here we go! Feel free to talk about equipment, ask for advice on swing mechanics, post up a list of what's in your bag, PGA tournaments or help with building clubs!

Finally got the ok to start golfing again for the first time in almost two years in early March. Made a couple of bag changes, free driver, $15 on two wedges and new irons. Got rid of my Titleist AP2's. After almost two years of injuries, I'm shooting between 77-82 on average.

Taylor Made RBZ Tour 9* TP with a Matrix Ozik X-CON6 stiff flex
Titleist 904f 15* with a Graffaloy Prototype shaft, tour van freebie
Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid 20*, Graffaloy Epic 80g X flex, nother tour van freebie
Mizuno MP-60 4-PW, Dynamic Gold S300's. Only had them 3 days, need some Project X's or KBS's. S300's can't handle deez nuts
Titleist Vokey 50*, 58* Mild Steel Raws and 54* Spin Milled
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Custom Shop built Newport 2. 20g weights, 33" rifle shaft

So excited about being allowed to play again. Bought a pair of adizero ones as my new bi-annual golf shoe purchase. Best golf shoes I've owned, even better than Tour 360's. Shooting closer to low 70s each time out, just need to bend these irons to my specs and get a better shaft for my swing speed. Rest of the bag is built and swing is only getting better.

Played a 4man scramble yesterday in the rain, 2500 grand prize. Lost by 3 strokes, still got paid though.
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM #2
natewalker33

golf suuuucks.. unless your handicapped or over 70, go play a real sport
natewalker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:07 PM #3
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

Lol alright Nate Walker, sorry I'm not a super icky sicky gnar agg paintballer.

Shot a 79 and 80 today in 30mph winds. Not too bad, my chipping and wedge shots killed me from 60 yds in. Need to work on those shots, not used to having 75 yds in on a 365yd par 4. This new RBZ Tour I built with the Ozik HD-6 is a monster.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:40 AM #4
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 supports Empire
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I pretty much stink at golf but love playing. I'm happy in the low 90s, but just got a new set of clubs yesterday. Picked up a set of Burner and a brand new Nike VRS driver. Hit them at the range and they are much more forgiving than my old set which were outdated to say the least. Can't wait to play with them this week.
Vypr GSL #658
BP0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:39 PM #5
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

Nice, Burners are very forgiving irons and will help improve your game if they're fit correctly for you! Last year one of my good friends was shooting 120ish, gave him a few swing tips, new irons and he's at high 80's now! Keep at it, it's for the fun!

Working on fitting my new MP60's. Dynamic Gold s300s are in there now, too soft at the tip for my tempo and too soft overall for my swing speed. Used Project X tapered before true temper bought out Royal Precision so I'm thinking KBS Tour .335 C-tapers this time. Little too much draw so I'm going to go 1/2* flat when I bend the heads too. Have a few really expensive, purrrrty shafts coming for driver through hybrid after that to get my driver backspin down.

League tonight!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:25 PM #6
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 supports Empire
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Got to use my new clubs for the first time today. Shot a 41 front and 45 back. Most all holes I had a birdie or par putt. Usually shoot around a 50 front and 55 back. Amazed at the difference a forgiving iron makes. I also wasn't used to having a 65yd wedge 2nd shot on a 375 par 4. The Burners are ridiculously easy to get under the ball. Haven't played in a couple years until about a month ago and already shooing better than I ever have.
Vypr GSL #658
BP0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:25 PM #7
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

Nice man, glad the new irons are helping your game out. Maybe now you'll have to break some new personal bests. Work on your short game some more and watch the numbers fall off your scorecard, great up and downs are the difference between par and bogey.

Loving my new Mizunos as well, but the shafts ended up being weak for my swing as I expected. Slowing my swing down enough, I can control them damn well and they feel great but the problem is that it's causing me to adopt some bad habits with the driver. Shooting closer to the low 80s right now, which is killing me inside lol. I think the painkillers I'm taking for a broken molar aren't helping my score though.

I'm waiting on a set of KBS Tour Shafts and some Golf Pride VDR's, the Dynamic Gold S300's just whip through the ball. Haven't tried the VDR's but they were given to me, so if they don't work out I can always cut them off and retry. Driver is still a great switch from my old R11, I think the RBZ Tour will stay in my bag for a long time. Took my Titleist 904 15* 3W out and threw in my Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* 4W with a Matrix Ozik XFW-7 shaft and an Adams a12 Pro with a Matrix Ozik Altus. The 4w has been in my rotation for a while, and after my time off it's much more reliable. The a12 I can't really explain why I switched, I honestly don't hit either any different but it was free and newer lol. They line up exactly the same, although my old one was heavier because of the shaft I put in it, and I hit the new one a bit higher, otherwise I can't notice anything.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:37 PM #8
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Went out 6 times so far this year. I work at the Ohio University Golf Course, although I'm graduating this weekend and won't have that pleasure anymore.

Only started playing 3 years ago (this summer) but I usually shoot somewhere in the low-to-mid 40s on 9 holes.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
DMC_OWNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:07 AM #9
ChristopherThe Great

I used to play a decent amount but in the past several years I've only been out a handful of times, looking to get back into it. I've played 4 times so far this year. This year I bought a used (almost brand new) Cobra driver to replace my old torn up driver, and looking to pick up a new 3 or 5 wood to replace a beat up 5 wood. My irons are Ping Eye 2 square grooves. So far I love my driver and always loved my irons, but I want a nice 3/5 wood for long par 5s. I'm probably going out Saturday, gonna see what the shop has for a wood. Glad this thread was made.

Last edited by ChristopherThe Great : 04-30-2014 at 03:17 AM.
ChristopherThe Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:09 AM #10
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

DMC, good to see more people in here. How are your courses right now? The fairways around here are coming in nicely finally but they are also getting nasty in some spots from all the rain.

Christopher, are your Eye2's the Berrylium ones or the stainless style? My Grandpa worked for the company that supplied Ping with Berrylium, I always loved those irons growing up and the square grooves are super fun to play. I just switched from my Titleist 3w to my Cobra S9-1 Pro 4w, it's a less closed, smaller headed wood but the face is a bit taller. Great for digging the ball out of tight spots but works well off short fairways and tee boxes as well.

I've got a busy clubmaking weekend ahead. Waiting on my golfworks order of grips and ferrules then putting my new KBS Tours in, they just came today. Thinking about switching back to my Studio Style Newport 2. It's still 33/4/71 but a little lighter. Not putting too horribly but not making much either. Want to put a Rifle Spinner in my 58* because it's in my basement anyway. Root canal tomorrow will keep me off the course Saturday so I have the free time.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:39 PM #11
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

Ended up doing the iron reshaft after work last night. Switched putters to another Cameron Newport 2, can't remember which one because I'm at the bar. Played 36 today, shot 76-79 with bogey on the last 3 holes the second 18. The KBS tours seriously are the best iron shaft I've played, I'm ordering two for my wedges next week. Back out of my two day slump lol.

Edit: 33/4/71 studio style Newport 2. Got my kinks all worked out with my swing. Super smooth now and crushing the ball. Missed fairways today because I was driving though the FW now, not a super long course but still felt great. Course was playing nasty in a lot of places, lack of grass.

Last edited by max's GDT : 05-04-2014 at 05:04 AM.
max's GDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 AM #12
HrdCorPntballa
Drew Crew

HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
I finally found a golf thread. How's everyone doing?
Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 PM #13
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

Not too bad, played the local country club from the tips, fired off a 77, regripped my clubs last night with all white Golf Pride VDRs. Bought another little something today, got a steal on it for $70. RBZ stage 2 tour 13* 3w. Shaft is worthless but I'm a giant club/shaft whore so I'm sure I have something in my basement to fit it. Guess I should update my WITB.

Taylor Made RBZ Tour 9 - Matrix Ozik X-CON6 shaft
Taylor Made RBZ Stage 2 Tour 13* - stock 70g Matrix (made for Taylor Made, already ordering a new shaft lol)
Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* - Matrix XFW-7
Adams Idea Pro a12 20* - Matrix Ozik Altus
Mizuno MP-60 4-PW - KBS Tour shafts
Titleist Vokey Raw Mild Steel 50.08 - Stock Shaft until my KBS wedges ship
Titleist Vokey Raw Mild Steel 58.08 - Stock also, waiting for KBS
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Studio Select - 33"/4*/71* with 20g weights
Switched over to the new Taylor Made Tour Preffered X
All white Golf Pride VDR grips

Can't wait for golf league tonight!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:25 PM #14
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

Played 27 holes today, all on the same 9. 38 first time, bogey bogey then parred out. Second nine - birdie par bogey par par par bogey birdie birdie, and third time around I just messed around taking aggressive lines for scrambles. Hit the pin with an 8 iron from 165 for an 8 inch tap in eagle. Not a bad day
Old 05-12-2014, 12:44 PM #15
HrdCorPntballa
Drew Crew

HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
There you go.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:11 AM #16
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

Getting the WITB finalized for the season. The last update is here to stay with the addition of the RBZ Stage 2 TS TP 13*, which I must say is an absolute MONSTER. Need to find a Matrix Ozik White Tie (high launch, low spin) and a TP tip to have my bag set for the season. Pictures coming once the bag is squared away. Shot +1 with 7 birdies the other day and one double. Game is coming back strong.

Thinking I will tip the white Matrix Ozix Altus in my Hybrid 1/4", Matrix Ozik White Tie 67g for the three wood and upgrade to a Matrix Ozik White Tie 6M3Q in my RBZ. Want higher launch and lower spin across the board, and I have plenty of offers on my Ozik in my driver now. KBS shafts in the wedges this week. Then I'm done unless I reshaft the four wood, but that's doubtful.

Last edited by max's GDT : 05-13-2014 at 03:17 AM.
max's GDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:46 PM #17
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

Happy National Golf Day!

Demo day killed my RBZ, and gave me a few new build options that are just cannons. Above and beyond the rest I tried was the Titleist 913d3 8.5* with an Oban Devotion 67g shaft, seriously picked up so much yardage (and consistency) I'm tempted to order one. I'll just say I got 15 yds CARRY better with the Titleist than my current RBZ, real world experience too watching it all fly down range. Titleist was also lower, straighter and had way less spin judging from the roll.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 PM #18
Natestreo

Minty set of Titleist 714 AP2's that id be willing to trade towards paintball equipment, gentlemen!
Empire Mask, Jersey, Pants, Pack

"If your not first your last"
Natestreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:46 AM #19
paintballfreak45_2

paintballfreak45_2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballfreak45_2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Played in high school. Got my handicap down between 4-5 at one point. Didn't play much for a few years, and I'm finally trying to get back into it this year.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:39 PM #20
Buh East
blah

yay golf
Old 08-07-2014, 09:05 PM #21
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
played in toronto last month. haven't been able to play much this year.
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
PMR4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote