Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 PM #1
Kinger4684

mini orracle pump has tiny barrel leak

Hey nation, I bought a brand new mini orracle pump with a sanchez dual pump kit. The gun is all stock. Here are the symptoms: cock the marker, gas up the gun, and I can hear a tiny little leak coming out the end of the bolt, only if I put my ear up to the breach. If I slide the bolt back in the breach halfway, the leak stops. If I stuck my finger in the breach and cover the hole on the face of the bolt I can't hear the leak and I don't feel any pressure building up behind my finger. I have used the gun a handful of times now, probly shot about 500 rounds through it. The gun functions normally, and performance does not seem to be affected by the leak. What do you guys think is goin on with this thing?
Kinger4684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 AM #2
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D4 division
bad cup seal
eudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:49 PM #3
Kinger4684

Is it normal for a cup seal to go on a brand new marker after only seeing about 500 cycles? Is it ok to keep using this thing or am I going to cause catastrophic failure if I continue using it?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 PM #4
Phiyuck Yiu
Chino

Phiyuck Yiu plays in the PSP
Phiyuck Yiu supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinger4684 View Post
Is it normal for a cup seal to go on a brand new marker after only seeing about 500 cycles? Is it ok to keep using this thing or am I going to cause catastrophic failure if I continue using it?
Are you sure your Orracle is BRAND Spanking new? I am pretty sure it isn't, if it is that's pretty rare.

What you need to get is an AUTOCOCKER VALVE TOOL, you need this specific tool to get into your internals. You need to change out your valve O-rings/Cupseal as well as grease. For now if the marker works, its ok to play with it but your consistancy/efficiency will be poopy.

Please resort to the Autococker Forum Stickies for manuals and breakdown of how to do so Good Luck

Last edited by Phiyuck Yiu : 11-02-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Phiyuck Yiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 PM #5
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
if its a super minor leak you may be able to cure it with a few drops of oil and shooting it a few times.

EvilAuthorityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 AM #6
Kinger4684

Yea, as far as I know its brand new, the body at least. Paintball gateway sells brand new cocker pumps. My next question is do I buy an aftermarket stainless valve and cup seal assembly or should I try to locate a players rebuild kit, and yes I know u need the valve tool.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:42 PM #7
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
Get a valve tool first. It may not even be the cup seal it could be the valve oring or maybe the jam nut is lose. I dont see any reason to buy a new cup seal. To be honest I've never in my whole paintball career seen a damage cocker cup seal. Most of the time the problem can be fixed by just disassembling lubing and reassembling it nice and tight.

EvilAuthorityX is offline   Reply With Quote