PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-23-2011, 09:26 AM #1
kevinkhan817

kevinkhan817 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
united kingdom US military paintballers

im surprised that no one has setup anything here in the UK yet about paintballing. iv'e been here for 2 1/2 years and have been playing with british community eversince i started my tour here. so if anyone is headed over here to the UK i will be more than happy to assist you with getting into the paintball scene here.
kevinkhan817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:42 AM #2
dextrus

At last someones posted about uk
Volatile CPPS
HEADBAND BALLER

UK Paintball Player
dextrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:24 AM #3
14tango

14tango supports Cereal Killerz 2
14tango owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
14tango supports Team VICIOUS
My team here in Germany has some cool dudes fly over from the UK and guest every now and then. Add Jamie Beadle on facebook. Im not sure of his location but he's got the hook in the UK.

LONDON LAYSICK 1ST BUNDESLIGA #479

NWA UNITED PSP D3RT2
14tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:27 PM #4
Spork033
Din Eidyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkhan817 View Post
im surprised that no one has setup anything here in the UK yet about paintballing. iv'e been here for 2 1/2 years and have been playing with british community eversince i started my tour here. so if anyone is headed over here to the UK i will be more than happy to assist you with getting into the paintball scene here.
Slightly old thread, but whereabouts in the UK are you located? I've been in Edinburgh, Scotland for about 3.5 years and I've only found a handful of teams that play tournament near me.
Spork033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:24 PM #5
kevinkhan817

kevinkhan817 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
im stationed in (Mildenhall) southern england about an 1hr 30min from london and you can figure that theres alot more than a handful of teams down here. the best bet you have is if you haven't found it already theres a forum just like pbnation in europe called p8ntballer-forums.com which is pretty popular. should go check it out man from there you should be able to find more info on the tourney scene in your area. but im pretty sure there should be more that just a handful of teams in scotland.

Last edited by kevinkhan817 : 09-21-2011 at 01:34 PM.
kevinkhan817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:32 PM #6
pbsmoker
CRT4

has been a member for 10 years
I played in England from 02-05 but never started a thread because I mainly used p8ntballer.com. There are a lot of ballers out there, and plenty of leagues to play in.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:22 AM #7
Spork033
Din Eidyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsmoker View Post
I played in England from 02-05 but never started a thread because I mainly used p8ntballer.com. There are a lot of ballers out there, and plenty of leagues to play in.
Yea, you should be fine in England. We've started playing CPPS since my last post on the forum, but the drive each way is killer
Spork033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:21 PM #8
shootinropez

shootinropez owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
shootinropez supports Team VICIOUS
shootinropez supports DLX Technology
Hey I lived in England until i was 13, i'm now 18 and am moving back very soon...to kent (canterbury) what's the closest field? and where's the closest speedball field? i've tried looking on the internet but it only gives me the one's that are for stag dues and for one off days etc. i want somewhere where i can be a walk on once a week
shootinropez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 PM #9
Schuttsr1

I'll be there in the September. I'd like to play a game there. Anyone know what I'd take to be able to use my own gear over there. I'm a tiberius marker user.
Schuttsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:54 AM #10
tommikka
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootinropez View Post
Hey I lived in England until i was 13, i'm now 18 and am moving back very soon...to kent (canterbury) what's the closest field? and where's the closest speedball field? i've tried looking on the internet but it only gives me the one's that are for stag dues and for one off days etc. i want somewhere where i can be a walk on once a week
Go to http://p8ntballer-forums.com/ to ask about speedball sites

Here you get the average 'punter site' which caters for one off players, some sites have a monthly walkon for own gunners, and there are also tournament or scenario events

Someone on he p8ntballer forum will be able to reccommend a site in the area
tommikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:12 AM #11
tommikka
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttsr1 View Post
I'll be there in the September. I'd like to play a game there. Anyone know what I'd take to be able to use my own gear over there. I'm a tiberius marker user.
Making an assumption on your Tiberius - check out
http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25565 for events on the calendar or open a thread saying where you will be and ask about the area

You can use your own gear (only exception being some of he 'punter' sites not liking own gunners)
But you cannot fill US DOT specification cylinders, unless it is marked to multiple specifications including the UK Pi symbol
You can loan UK cylinders from sites if you dont want to buy

Markers are fine except for :
Full auto cannot be used
'realistic' markers cannot be imported, manufactured or sold unless there is an exemption (registered airsofter, film & tv etc)

The Tiberius is not an issue unless you get an unhappy customs officer

Most sites use air, and on site fill rigs most at 3000psi fills, some events provide 4500psi
Some sites still only have co2, but are less likely to be recommended to you by regular players
Old 08-07-2012, 12:46 PM #12
Schuttsr1

Thanks for the info. I do use a Tiberius pistol. I was hoping I wouldnt have a problem with customs. I was thinking about breaking the guns down in to parts in my checked bag.
Schuttsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 AM #13
tommikka
Tom

The Tiberius should not be a problem, it is available in the UK

However there have been a couple of problems for people importing (being couriered to the uk, not flying in) when the VCRA came into force (that is the act that deals with 'realistic' imitation firearms (RIFs)
The law is based on the perception of the individual and not requiring hem to be replicas
A batch of Tiberius pistols were destroyed, and an alpha black for an indiviidual was destroyed or sent back
This ought not to happen now, but be prepared.

Eg dismantle as you say (but try not to do it in a way that thy will think you have disguised it!)
Also put in manuals / paintball magazines (if you still have them around - all ours are online now) or a print of an online magazine
Old 09-15-2012, 12:44 PM #14
Foxxx101

I'm here at RAF lakenheath and trying to find a good speedball group or field.. Seems like every place in the area is rentals only and for casual groups. Can anyone enlighten me?
Foxxx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:14 AM #15
tommikka
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxx101 View Post
I'm here at RAF lakenheath and trying to find a good speedball group or field.. Seems like every place in the area is rentals only and for casual groups. Can anyone enlighten me?
Check out the forum below and the guys will give you direction

http://p8ntballer-forums.com
ReplyRegional Ups