Other (please make sure you post your suggestion) 8 7.02%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 AM #1
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Divisions for 2012 Poll

We want to hear from you inregards to molding the 2012 season, voice your opinion and vote!

Last edited by 357 Productions : 11-01-2011 at 09:30 AM.
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:39 AM #2
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Boss
The D3 division should follow the same rules as the PSP roster classification limits.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM #3
yanks914
Toomey.

yanks914 plays in the PSP
yanks914 donated to help Peyton Trent
yanks914 plays in the APPA D3 division
Whatever allows for more players to play in the league. More players will facilitate greater competition and a better experience for teams.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 AM #4
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks914 View Post
Whatever allows for more players to play in the league. More players will facilitate greater competition and a better experience for teams.
I agree there, but dont want to scare away more players either because of it.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:51 AM #5
BKLYN KOS#28

BKLYN KOS#28 plays in the PSP
BKLYN KOS#28 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BKLYN KOS#28 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
BKLYN KOS#28 supports Team VICIOUS
BKLYN KOS#28 supports Team VICIOUS
BKLYN KOS#28 plays in the APPA D4 division
my vote is in

ANTHONY CAPTAIN #28 BKLYN K-OS,WE SUPPORT EASTERN PAINTBALL LEAGUE (EPL D-4 5 MAN)
BKLYN KOS#28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:47 AM #6
SeanBob
I Do Me

SeanBob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SeanBob plays in the APPA D4 division
SeanBob has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SeanBob has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
one player from a class higher d4 can have a d3 and d3 can have a d2
SeanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:50 PM #7
Elias718
NEW JERSEY JESTERS

Elias718 plays in the PSP
Elias718 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Elias718 plays in the APPA D4 division
i remember gpl ran for two days:
1st day was saturday for 7man and 3man
2nd day was sunday for 5man..
and i remember this cause we could play both format and alot of us did...it was the good days...
Old 11-01-2011, 01:54 PM #8
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Yes, it still runs for two days like that. 3man on Sat, 5man on Sun. What they are talking about is 5man being a 2day event
Old 11-01-2011, 03:33 PM #9
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
have d5/4,3/2, and d1
Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 PM #10
tweeter4
Quinn Nadu

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
tweeter4 is Boss
D4/D5 is already sandbagged enough with people who should be playing higher division, dont allow D3 in
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 PM #11
Paintball Aesthetics

Paintball Aesthetics is playing at Living Legends V
Paintball Aesthetics has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Aesthetics has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Aesthetics has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Aesthetics has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4
D4/D5 is already sandbagged enough with people who should be playing higher division, dont allow D3 in
This... And put 3 man finals Sunday if there is support because many of us wish to stay and watch/ play 5 man
Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 PM #12
yanks914
Toomey.

yanks914 plays in the PSP
yanks914 donated to help Peyton Trent
yanks914 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball Aesthetics View Post
This... And put 3 man finals Sunday if there is support because many of us wish to stay and watch/ play 5 man

I'm sorry but this is a horrible idea. Making a 3 man team make the travel to the field twice or get another night at a hotel....if I made it to the finals and that were the case I would be like congrats on your first cause I'm not coming back to try to beat you for it
Old 11-02-2011, 11:26 AM #13
SeanBob
I Do Me

SeanBob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SeanBob plays in the APPA D4 division
SeanBob has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SeanBob has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
^^ aggred if u want to watch 5 man then just stay dont make everone else have to pay for another night at the hotel
SeanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:58 PM #14
carlin3
Crusader Paintball

carlin3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
carlin3 is for the Gunfight
carlin3 posts videos on PbNation
carlin3 plays in the APPA D4 division
carlin3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
add pump, others stay the same
carlin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:22 PM #15
xlPAINTBALLlx
CP Factory Team

xlPAINTBALLlx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xlPAINTBALLlx plays in the APPA D4 division
i agree with tweeter. its a hard thing to overcome when you always get squashed by front running teams in D4/D5 who have major skill and 5x as many APPA points than you. i know its just a number, but is goes to show just how much more they have played than all the other players. D4/D5 should be a division to grow and collect experience, especially for younger players. its a bummer to have to tell my friends that they cant play D5 because their not at that point where they would have a fair shot at placing; where in reality, they do exceptional at local walk ons. just my opinion as one of the youngest kids that play with you guys.

xlPAINTBALLlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:44 PM #16
GOMFW

GOMFW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I would like to see the GPL/MAPL stop allowing D3 NPPL players on D4/5 teams.
From what I read in the rules a national ranking takes precedence over any local ranking or at least clarify/revise the rule book.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 PM #17
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlPAINTBALLlx View Post
i agree with tweeter. its a hard thing to overcome when you always get squashed by front running teams in D4/D5 who have major skill and 5x as many APPA points than you. i know its just a number, but is goes to show just how much more they have played than all the other players. D4/D5 should be a division to grow and collect experience, especially for younger players. its a bummer to have to tell my friends that they cant play D5 because their not at that point where they would have a fair shot at placing; where in reality, they do exceptional at local walk ons. just my opinion as one of the youngest kids that play with you guys.
If you are a rookie team, you should not expect to even come close to winning a tournament for your first couple. If you play against better competition for a whole season, you are bound to get better.

Local walk on competition cannot be compared to a regional level tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMFW View Post
From what I read in the rules a national ranking takes precedence over any local ranking or at least clarify/revise the rule book.
It's unfortunate, but there is no way of confirming one's ranking or even true identity for that matter with the NPPL. The only time that was possible was in 2009. It is unfair to not allow somebody to play because of heresay, and attempting to confirm using the NPPL's backwater sandbagging ranking system is doing just that.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 AM #18
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMFW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
It's unfortunate, but there is no way of confirming one's ranking or even true identity for that matter with the NPPL. The only time that was possible was in 2009. It is unfair to not allow somebody to play because of heresay, and attempting to confirm using the NPPL's backwater sandbagging ranking system is doing just that.
This is in NO WAY bashing the NPPL or their system however, this is the current problem. There is no real true publicized ranking system or for that matter, unified system with the NPPL. We currently go by APPA. That is as national as we can make it. They handle the PSP rankings. So if a player plays D3 in PSP (and is ranked D3), then he/she can NOT play GPL/MAPL D4/D5. That is as close as we can make it. Yes, in the one season NPPL (aka USPL) used APPA, it was recognized, but since then, there is no official way to prove or even disprove a player in the NPPL System. You cant go by photos, players wear other players jersyes all the time. You can only go by the hearsay, and we can not take that word. ONE DAY, ONE DAY Im hoping that this will all eventually level out and have a true unified system within the sport. Until then, we are going with the APPA which does recognise one side of the players ranking system. It is the best that I can offer to you guys the players.

Also keep in mind, any other event/series that uses rankings, they do the same thing, especially those who use the APPA system. It is not just myself.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:32 AM #19
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlPAINTBALLlx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
If you are a rookie team, you should not expect to even come close to winning a tournament for your first couple. If you play against better competition for a whole season, you are bound to get better.

Local walk on competition cannot be compared to a regional level tournament.
I can not comment on what Deimus85 says about not expecting to win, everyone should go out there with the mindset to win no matter what your ranking is. But I will agree with him on that you can not compare local walk ons to a GPL/MAPL Event. We are the next level of compeition between the National Level (PSP,NPPL) and local events held at your local field. Its like playing baseball for fun at your local field, the Minor Leagues of baseball and the Major League of baseball. We, like CFOA, NEPL and a few others, are the Minor League. And yes, any pro, any top level PSP and NPPL team from past and present will tell you that the only way to get better is play better ranked teams. In the past, as few of the guys on here can chime in and agree, you use to play teams outside of your division all the time. Rookie teams would play 8 games. Usually consisted of 1 pro, 1 D1 (aka Amateur), a few D2 teams (aka Novice) and the rest D3 teams (aka Rookie). Times changed and then since made it that you play within your division. D5 player rankings are set resonably. And majority of the players move from D5 to D4 pretty fast consistantly. That is why alot of event mix the two together because you move from D5 to D4 after a few events. In regards to the points system, that is out of my control. I do not create the player unified system. I do know for a fact that the guys who run it, Joe and Chris, do read this forum section. So they do see your concerns. But this system has been built after many and many of years of experience players and tried and tested points system.

Trust me, I wish I had all the answers and I wish I had all the power to make everyone happy. All I can suggest is keep doing what you are doing. Look at teams like Illuminati, Brooklyn Kos, Freedom, Clutch, and so on, event the teams who play in the D3 bracket. Most of these guys on these teams, I have known for a few years. Some have come from other teams, some I knew from our own field in the past, some I have known because they asked 1001 questions before they played the GPL/MAPL. But I will tell you that they ALL started EXACTLY where you are right now. They have ALL been there. Demius85 was there. And everyone has to start somewhere. You will get there, I promise you. Just have faith and keep getting to the grind. Do not let this discourage you in anyway. It WILL pay off.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 AM #20
Eaglesnation36

Eaglesnation36 supports Team VICIOUS
Eaglesnation36 posts videos on PbNation
Eaglesnation36 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eaglesnation36 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Allowing D3 players in D4/D5 shouldn't happen because in a true D5 level you can only have so many D4 players based on your roster, but in gpl (and this is by no means bashing gpl) you are allowed to stock your roster with D4 players. As for D3 if there is a D3 division next year a team should only be allowed to have so many D2 players on their roster to prevent a team from stocking their team with D2 players.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:30 AM #21
achielles

achielles plays in the PSP
achielles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
achielles owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions View Post
I can not comment on what Deimus85 says about not expecting to win, everyone should go out there with the mindset to win no matter what your ranking is. But I will agree with him on that you can not compare local walk ons to a GPL/MAPL Event. We are the next level of compeition between the National Level (PSP,NPPL) and local events held at your local field. Its like playing baseball for fun at your local field, the Minor Leagues of baseball and the Major League of baseball. We, like CFOA, NEPL and a few others, are the Minor League. And yes, any pro, any top level PSP and NPPL team from past and present will tell you that the only way to get better is play better ranked teams. In the past, as few of the guys on here can chime in and agree, you use to play teams outside of your division all the time. Rookie teams would play 8 games. Usually consisted of 1 pro, 1 D1 (aka Amateur), a few D2 teams (aka Novice) and the rest D3 teams (aka Rookie). Times changed and then since made it that you play within your division. D5 player rankings are set resonably. And majority of the players move from D5 to D4 pretty fast consistantly. That is why alot of event mix the two together because you move from D5 to D4 after a few events. In regards to the points system, that is out of my control. I do not create the player unified system. I do know for a fact that the guys who run it, Joe and Chris, do read this forum section. So they do see your concerns. But this system has been built after many and many of years of experience players and tried and tested points system.

Trust me, I wish I had all the answers and I wish I had all the power to make everyone happy. All I can suggest is keep doing what you are doing. Look at teams like Illuminati, Brooklyn Kos, Freedom, Clutch, and so on, event the teams who play in the D3 bracket. Most of these guys on these teams, I have known for a few years. Some have come from other teams, some I knew from our own field in the past, some I have known because they asked 1001 questions before they played the GPL/MAPL. But I will tell you that they ALL started EXACTLY where you are right now. They have ALL been there. Demius85 was there. And everyone has to start somewhere. You will get there, I promise you. Just have faith and keep getting to the grind. Do not let this discourage you in anyway. It WILL pay off.
well said!
www.cousinspaintball.com
Paintball Arena
Island Paintball Supplies
achielles is offline   Reply With Quote