PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 PM #1
sam90
www.FXAnodizing.com

sam90 plays in the APPA D5 division
Question why does everone hate dangerous power?

why does everyone hate dangerous power?

bob long vice rotor, ninja 50/4500

Eagle Scout

Last edited by sam90 : 10-31-2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 PM #2
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
because all the poor little kids buy their guns and they dont know how to maintain them. then they break down and tell everyone that its the guns fault even though they ****ed them up.

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:50 PM #3
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
I think it is also that Dp's customer service can be a bit spotty, ie, you can talk to them get some immediate attention or you can email them and never hear from them, or, You can order something ask for overnight delivery, get the part 5 days later with zero understanding... "Hmm, the order didn't say expedited", "but that is what I told him and he seemed to think that would be no problem at the time..."

Also, the g3 had some issues with regard to its engine and maintenance (see above). Dp's fault, that stickum they sent with their marker kits was outlawed by the nfl back in the 80's.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 AM #4
samwf
(Insert witty quote here)

samwf is an NCPA player
samwf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i dont think people really hate the markers... i think their pricing just gives people the opinion that they're only low to mid level markers. when in reality they're mid to high end and just very well priced. most people who trash talk them either never fired one, or they're new to the sport and dont know how to maintain them. (its ridiculous what some rich little kids get. i saw the other day a 12 year old with a new G6R as his first gun, i can see that being broken as soon as watever lube it came with wears off)

Edit: he actually walked up to me after a game and asked how to make his gun fire as fast as mine... he didnt know u can walk the trigger
Old 11-01-2011, 08:51 AM #5
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NargofWoV View Post
I think it is also that Dp's customer service can be a bit spotty, ie, you can talk to them get some immediate attention or you can email them and never hear from them, or, You can order something ask for overnight delivery, get the part 5 days later with zero understanding... "Hmm, the order didn't say expedited", "but that is what I told him and he seemed to think that would be no problem at the time..."

Also, the g3 had some issues with regard to its engine and maintenance (see above). Dp's fault, that stickum they sent with their marker kits was outlawed by the nfl back in the 80's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwf View Post
i dont think people really hate the markers... i think their pricing just gives people the opinion that they're only low to mid level markers. when in reality they're mid to high end and just very well priced. most people who trash talk them either never fired one, or they're new to the sport and dont know how to maintain them. (its ridiculous what some rich little kids get. i saw the other day a 12 year old with a new G6R as his first gun, i can see that being broken as soon as watever lube it came with wears off)

Edit: he actually walked up to me after a game and asked how to make his gun fire as fast as mine... he didnt know u can walk the trigger
its not their princing causing the hate, but rather their "Customer Service" is lacking the support everyone needs. but the marker itself is so easy to troubleshoot, so easy to maintain and so easy buy parts because its so cheap. and one last thing, its because they are haters.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:05 PM #6
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
Want a neat test? Get 5 different markers, hand them to a blind folded player, let them shoot a hopper through each one, then have them rate the markers from their favorite to least favorite.

Can't tell you how many times I've done this test with players and had their minds blown by which markers they actually chose over others.

Eyes + price + hype = false senses
GLOCK 19
Old 11-01-2011, 12:30 PM #7
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
My signature explains alot.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:28 PM #8
jmbishop
I Own You

Formerly bad customer service + a cheap finicky gun like the G3 is the reason everyone hates them.

Don't worry about it. FACT, everyone in paintball is bias.
Experiments proved this fact, a clicker was put behind the frog, it jumped 10 feet. A hind leg was amputated, and then clicking repeated, The frog only jumped 5 feet. The second leg was removed, they clicked again, the frog didn't move proving its ears are in its legs.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:40 PM #9
jmbishop
I Own You

Quote:

Actually using thinner lube in the g3 is just a band-aid fix. The real fix was done with the g4. The bolt stick is caused by the back of the bolt making a seal with the back cap and lube, on the g4 they added grooves to the bumper in the back cap to make it harder to create a seal. Shockers have the same problem, with a redesigned bolt, back cap or bumper you could easily fix the shockers bolt stick problems.
Experiments proved this fact, a clicker was put behind the frog, it jumped 10 feet. A hind leg was amputated, and then clicking repeated, The frog only jumped 5 feet. The second leg was removed, they clicked again, the frog didn't move proving its ears are in its legs.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:05 PM #10
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

The Wigglestick plays in the PSP
The Wigglestick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Wigglestick posts videos on PbNation
The Wigglestick plays in the APPA D4 division
mostly, people don't want to believe that a gun that isn't $1250 is decent. it has more so to do with the amount they paid for their gun versus what you paid. people don't want to think that a cheaper gun shot them out, and they don't want to admit the player that shot them out is better than they are. naturally the hate turns towards the gun.

also, little issues that make big differences in the guns seem to be common. my g3's stock reg was horrible. it supercharged like no other. after the factory replacement red internals were swapped in, the gun hits 290-295 all day.

when the 05 ego came out, it was so reliable that it instantly gained a hardcore following. dp has never had a gun that gained an instant rep for being reliable.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:12 PM #11
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwf View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
because all the poor little kids buy their guns and they dont know how to maintain them. then they break down and tell everyone that its the guns fault even though they ****ed them up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wigglestick View Post
mostly, people don't want to believe that a gun that isn't $1250 is decent. it has more so to do with the amount they paid for their gun versus what you paid. people don't want to think that a cheaper gun shot them out, and they don't want to admit the player that shot them out is better than they are. naturally the hate turns towards the gun.

also, little issues that make big differences in the guns seem to be common. my g3's stock reg was horrible. it supercharged like no other. after the factory replacement red internals were swapped in, the gun hits 290-295 all day.

when the 05 ego came out, it was so reliable that it instantly gained a hardcore following. dp has never had a gun that gained an instant rep for being reliable.
these few reasons right here explain it all^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbishop View Post
Actually using thinner lube in the g3 is just a band-aid fix. The real fix was done with the g4. The bolt stick is caused by the back of the bolt making a seal with the back cap and lube, on the g4 they added grooves to the bumper in the back cap to make it harder to create a seal. Shockers have the same problem, with a redesigned bolt, back cap or bumper you could easily fix the shockers bolt stick problems.
no..... if that was the case then the bolt wouldnt move at all and you'd here a much quieter puff when you experienced bolt stick. i knew how to lube my shocker and g3, never had a problem with bolt stick with either of them while i had em.. no FSDO, no bolt stick... same thing with my teammates G3 and luxe... its not the marker...
Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM #12
murraybryson786

could it not also be the fact that the dye and planet eclipse fanboys (i'm not bagging on any one group of players just using examples of big names with big followings) are just mad that their guns cost them $1000 and ours cost $300? i could see it being frustrating putting so much money in to something that is supposed to be "the best by far" and it turns out not to be quite as far as they had thought. it is the same argument between american muscle vs imports and tuners. people have their favorites and the ones who paid more get listened too.
CP V3 Regulator, & Magnetic trigger kit.
Evil Pipe Kit or Dye UL(depends on what i am feeling like)
Dye Rotor
Atomic CF 68/3000
Old 11-01-2011, 06:28 PM #13
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l

no..... if that was the case then the bolt wouldnt move at all and you'd here a much quieter puff when you experienced bolt stick. i knew how to lube my shocker and g3, never had a problem with bolt stick with either of them while i had em.. no FSDO, no bolt stick... same thing with my teammates G3 and luxe... its not the marker...
Fact: All spool markers will have bolt stick. It's up to you, the user, to find how bad that bolt stick is and fix it with he correct lube and the anti-bolt stick feature most spools come with on the markers boards or aftermarket boards.

When I had my g3 it had bolt stick due to the DP40 lube that came on it stock from the factory. I put quality DOW33 and it shot great. I had bolt stick at the beginning of the day from the lube not doing it's job and sitting there for five days in between weekends. If I was the bolt that was the problem we wouldn't be telling people to get that crap DP40 off the bolt assembly... Fact.

tl;dr: I agree with Ryan.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 PM #14
Chuckasaurus
Giggity

Chuckasaurus plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam90 View Post
why does everyone hate dangerous power?
Who cares?

So what if some people hate Dangerous Power markers. You can't wonder why people hate the things they hate.

Some people hate minorities. Some people hate jewelry. Some people hate dogs. Some people hate me.

Let the haters hate, and just enjoy your DP marker as long as it continues to serve you well. Hopefully you'll paint the faces of some haters with your DP marker.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 PM #15
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
The C.S. issue, and it looks like DP might need more maintenance than some other guns, and the price.

If the gun doesn't cost $1000+, then it must not be a great gun. Look how many people say BLong guns aren't on par with PE and Dye. Anyone who doesn't think a G6R is on the same level as an NT or Ego shouldn't be talking about gun quality.

Dangerous power won me over when I first got my hands on a Spec R, and I've played 2 tourneys with it and it was perfect for both. With recball, the only issue I had was a paintball/cold air issue.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 PM #16
jmbishop
I Own You

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
Fact: All spool markers will have bolt stick. It's up to you, the user, to find how bad that bolt stick is and fix it with he correct lube and the anti-bolt stick feature most spools come with on the markers boards or aftermarket boards.

When I had my g3 it had bolt stick due to the DP40 lube that came on it stock from the factory. I put quality DOW33 and it shot great. I had bolt stick at the beginning of the day from the lube not doing it's job and sitting there for five days in between weekends. If I was the bolt that was the problem we wouldn't be telling people to get that crap DP40 off the bolt assembly... Fact.

tl;dr: I agree with Ryan.
lol no, all spool valve guns do not have bolt stick. Proper bolt/bumper design is the correct fix for bolt stick/first shot drop off.

Just so you know, people do recommend changing the bolt in the g3s to solve bolt stick. The TechT bolt engine is much harder to over lube...Fact.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:30 PM #17
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckasaurus View Post
Who cares?
This.

Now blow someones face off with a g4.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:39 PM #18
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbishop View Post
lol no, all spool valve guns do not have bolt stick. Proper bolt/bumper design is the correct fix for bolt stick/first shot drop off.

Just so you know, people do recommend changing the bolt in the g3s to solve bolt stick. The TechT bolt engine is much harder to over lube...Fact.
not fact.. seems like you have ignored my post explaining why its not the bumper/bolt system

Dms suffer bolt stick,
Drones suffer bolt stick
Shockers and Luxes do.
..... there ya go..... got enough food ya troll?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:21 PM #19
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckasaurus View Post
Who cares?

So what if some people hate Dangerous Power markers. You can't wonder why people hate the things they hate.

Some people hate minorities. Some people hate jewelry. Some people hate dogs. Some people hate me.

Let the haters hate, and just enjoy your DP marker as long as it continues to serve you well. Hopefully you'll paint the faces of some haters with your DP marker.
Oh, I couldn't agree more with this statement... Fact, I still own two Dp markers, and both work flawlessly... The G3 and my FX.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:29 PM #20
Paintball Aesthetics

Paintball Aesthetics is playing at Living Legends V
Paintball Aesthetics has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Aesthetics has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Aesthetics has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Aesthetics has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
fact, ive owned four dp markers and have never had a problem
With them

Fact
I loved them all

Haters gonna hate
Old 11-02-2011, 12:23 AM #21
bbournepmr (Banned)

bbournepmr is for the Gunfight
I hate them cause they r cheaply made. i slid into snake next thing i know i have scratches on the gun.
Closed Thread