PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-03-2011, 05:15 PM #43
wavesport001

Quote:
1) we have no definitive proof
2) we have very little circumstantial evidence
It's not circumstantial, it's anecdotal - like scienceguy's story for example. Anecdotal evidence can point you in a direction to start an investigation, but is not by itself evidence of anything.

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2011, 05:24 PM #44
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceguy View Post
I thought we were talking about ghosts anyway. This little guy saw ghosts at the funeral homes in town but not the other houses... You don't think that's strange?
Not strange at all for a child really, it's likely all in his head. Funerals are obviously associated with death more than any other building, and ghosts are said to be the spirits of dead people. Funerals creep a lot of people out, and it's not hard to imagine an imaginative child genuinely believing that he saw a ghost there. Especially given modern television to fuel his imagination, and maybe even altering how he remembered the things he thinks he saw. There are endless explanations for this that, imo, are far more likely than your kid veing able to see the spirits of the deceased.

Last edited by spracks21 : 11-03-2011 at 05:27 PM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:00 PM #45
scienceguy

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Not strange at all for a child really, it's likely all in his head. Funerals are obviously associated with death more than any other building, and ghosts are said to be the spirits of dead people. Funerals creep a lot of people out, and it's not hard to imagine an imaginative child genuinely believing that he saw a ghost there. Especially given modern television to fuel his imagination, and maybe even altering how he remembered the things he thinks he saw. There are endless explanations for this that, imo, are far more likely than your kid veing able to see the spirits of the deceased.
The weird thing is that he was only 2 and didn't know they were funeral homes. There are much creepier houses to be scared of that never bothered him. We asked him why he was what was wrong and he replied "the people.". That's pretty creepy in my book.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 PM #46
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceguy View Post
The weird thing is that he was only 2 and didn't know they were funeral homes. There are much creepier houses to be scared of that never bothered him. We asked him why he was what was wrong and he replied "the people.". That's pretty creepy in my book.
Also, there does seem to be a fairly consistent pattern to most of these sightings. Your boy very specifically saw "people", and not "wolves" or "muppets" (which would be even more creepy if you ask me).

You'd think a random burst of imagination would produce something more age appropriate, such as Teletubbies at the mall instead of creepy people at a funeral home. Still no proof of course, just an interesting thing to ponder.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:33 AM #47
scienceguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Also, there does seem to be a fairly consistent pattern to most of these sightings. Your boy very specifically saw "people", and not "wolves" or "muppets" (which would be even more creepy if you ask me).

You'd think a random burst of imagination would produce something more age appropriate, such as Teletubbies at the mall instead of creepy people at a funeral home. Still no proof of course, just an interesting thing to ponder.
Like all paranormal stuff the stories are anecdotal and lack any real proof. They aren't repeatable. There are also so many hoaxers that its hard to trust anyone's story. Whether ghosts are real or not, the experiences are, so for the individual they are real events. Without a common frame of reference, it's just creepy stuff that's fun to talk about.

Why do you think ghost hunters was so successful? The ghosts weren't the stars the people with RI accents running around looking for ghosts were. I liked the first few seasons before they started to take themselves too seriously.

So, to my kid the ghosts were a real event. To me, it's just as creepy as if he was looking at a fuzzy tv screen and then said "they're here.".

Anyone else have any creepy experiences?
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote