Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 04:55 PM #1
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
[Resolved] Issues with jrob92

Hey guys. It saddens me to say I'm having my first issue on PBNation. I used to own a G4 but I sold it locally to a friend and bought an F7 from NEPxWeezy which was in perfect working order (thread for the original owner can be found here - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...47&highlight=). I own an FX so after playing a game with the F7 and feeling it's my FX but a lot larger and heavier, decided I did not want it anymore and put it up for trade to get another G4 in this thread here -
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...736&highlight=

At the bottom of my thread, jrob92 said he has a G4 for trade so I pm him about it.

He gives me this link - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...621&highlight= to his G4, I like the color so we continue on with PM'ing.

We agree on sending shooting videos as proof of the guns working, but neither of us wind up doing so. On my part it was because I lent my tank out to a friend and never recieved it back in time, his part I have no clue as to why. A couple hours go by and I look at the post again because i want the G4 so bad so I ask what his main marker is and PM's continue from there.

From this point, it continues to text messages which are just a lot of common talk, but will show anyway so there isn't any grey areas. (Sorry that there's so many text pictures guys.)

(Picture of the picture in the texts)

Last edited by Tvveak : 10-31-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2011, 04:55 PM #2
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary

(Picture of pic in text, my marker obviously disassembled...)

That's the last text we've sent so far. I'll update with pictures as they come.

All I'm saying is that it absolutely has to be his fault that the solonoid wire was cut and for the gun to not work. Gun was in absolute working order and in one piece when it left my hands. It was in a bag that was sealed which he'd have to open so it's not the USPS' fault and it's not physically possible for the marker to unscrew itself at the trigger frame, seperate, then the screws be put back in their slots whilst going through the mail.

He is taking the marker to his gun tech to assess repairs and tell me to pay them which I see no reason why I should for his obvious wrong doing. He also has the G4 on hold in his state so I don't have that either. He has my F7 which isn't working, my 80$ and his G4 all on his end and refuses to send the G4 until the F7 works. I would just like you guys to confirm that he should pay the damages and send me my G4... I just want this all over with and done. Thanks for all your help and time, I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Tvveak : 10-31-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:10 PM #3
NEPxWeezy
Deese Nutz

NEPxWeezy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NEPxWeezy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NEPxWeezy plays in the APPA D4 division
NEPxWeezy supports DLX Technology
I am the original owner, NEPxWeezy, and i can verify that the gun worked absolutely perfectly when i sent it to Zac about a week prior.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 PM #4
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Then who ever sent the FX, needs to file a insurance claim with USPS as they are at fault for the item not getting to the buyer/receiver as described.
OP if he did not get insurance or refuses to repair it, then file a claim on the $80 you sent, as the item is not as described.

Last edited by gamer565 : 10-31-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:08 PM #5
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
Plz post video of packaging, since its been spoken of.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:47 PM #6
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Those frames don't come off just like that. You need to loosen the screws, slide them and pull the frame off.. That's not something that can happen during shipping. The screws may have come loose and the frame
Might slide but it needs to be pulled off...... If the item was properly packaged which isn't hard to do, then this could have only
Been done by a person. Does jrob have an unboxing video or something to prove he just didn't take it apart? From the picture the marker
Merely looks disassembled.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 PM #7
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
jrob92 telling you to take it up with USPS is not how it works. Was the package even insured by jrob92? Regardless, the sender is responsible for the condition of the item and for purchasing insurance to protect against situations like this. Also, where is this video proof jrob92 keeps mentioning? I would be very interested in seeing a video of him packaging the marker and shipping it.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 PM #8
PBPlayer11
Live from the 3o4

PBPlayer11 supports Team VICIOUS
Alright seeing as everyone seems to be confused. Jrob is the one saying that the fusion was apart like that. The op is the one who sent it, and has video proof of packaging it up(so he says). And jrob is the one who stopped the shipment of the g4. Just clarifying.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:19 PM #9
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
Yea, I originally read it as the OP received the marker pictured. Either way, my statement still holds true... just reverse the names.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 PM #10
916baller
I love dehr.

916baller is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
916baller supports DLX Technology
I think it's logical that you send a gun with the frame and body connected. Common sense? OP and the jrob guy both have positive feedback and no negatives. I don't think the OP would do that sort of thing with that feedback. It's rather common sense, IMO.

Both videos of boxing and unboxing are needed from both parties.

If it comes down to sending the gun back to the original owner then so be it. But if OP isn't lying and jrob broke the gun (disassembled it) is trying to get money out of him it sucks because then he has to pay to get new parts when the other dude messed it up.

I would like to hear jrobs side of the story.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:02 PM #11
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosaaber View Post
Plz post video of packaging, since its been spoken of.
I was told by the post office if I had any issues to go down to them and I could record their surveillance which would show that it was in one piece in time of shipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
Those frames don't come off just like that. You need to loosen the screws, slide them and pull the frame off.. That's not something that can happen during shipping. The screws may have come loose and the frame
Might slide but it needs to be pulled off...... If the item was properly packaged which isn't hard to do, then this could have only
Been done by a person. Does jrob have an unboxing video or something to prove he just didn't take it apart? From the picture the marker
Merely looks disassembled.
It does look disassembled because he must have. There's no way possible for the gun to disassemble itself, and break wires in the mail.

He has no unboxing video or any way to prove that he didn't just take it apart. You can see from our texts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916baller View Post
I think it's logical that you send a gun with the frame and body connected. Common sense? OP and the jrob guy both have positive feedback and no negatives. I don't think the OP would do that sort of thing with that feedback. It's rather common sense, IMO.

Both videos of boxing and unboxing are needed from both parties.

If it comes down to sending the gun back to the original owner then so be it. But if OP isn't lying and jrob broke the gun (disassembled it) is trying to get money out of him it sucks because then he has to pay to get new parts when the other dude messed it up.

I would like to hear jrobs side of the story.
Marker was shipped as the body in one piece. Witnesses are available.

He gave the option of sending the gun back but would like me to pay for shipping and he would not be giving my 80$ back.

It seems that he did break it, is blaming me for it, and is trying to get further money out of me. It's the only logical thing.

He doesn't have a side of the story. His side of the story is "It was in two pieces straight out of the box. It was broken, not my issue." He has no proof as to how it could have gotten that way in the mail, he has no unboxing video, he has no proof or witnesses.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:36 PM #12
ShotS

ShotS plays in the PSP
ShotS owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ShotS supports Pev's Paintball
ShotS plays in the APPA D4 division
In the picture, the grip frame is unscrewed, however the screws are still in the gun. SOO, say that usps did happen to have a pair of allen key sets, and happened to know where the grip frame screws were, and did take them out, i highly doubt they would have neatly screwed those screws back into the gun frame. If they had the time to put the screws in the gun frame, they would have had the time to put the grip frame back on, get where im going with this??? most usps people would have just thrown it back in the box and thrown the screws in there, because they dont care, when you move, the movers arnt gentle with your stuff, and your sitting there watching them do this, usps has noone watching them except some camereas which no one ever reviews.

SOO from what it looks like, he unscrewed it, then put the screws neatly back on the gun frame.

As far as the noid goes, he possibly could have been tinckering with it, forgot to unplug the wires from the board before removing the grip frame and broke the noid wire, get where im going?

soo, for the noid if the wires r just ripped, get some one to solder emback together and that will fix it. i once ripped the eye wires on my angel a1 and i got my friend to solder it right up and worked perfectly.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 PM #13
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Newest text from jrob92... Apparently we've gone from the noid being broken, to the noid working and the board and the wire harnesses are broken.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:40 PM #14
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotS View Post
In the picture, the grip frame is unscrewed, however the screws are still in the gun. SOO, say that usps did happen to have a pair of allen key sets, and happened to know where the grip frame screws were, and did take them out, i highly doubt they would have neatly screwed those screws back into the gun frame. If they had the time to put the screws in the gun frame, they would have had the time to put the grip frame back on, get where im going with this??? most usps people would have just thrown it back in the box and thrown the screws in there, because they dont care, when you move, the movers arnt gentle with your stuff, and your sitting there watching them do this, usps has noone watching them except some camereas which no one ever reviews.

SOO from what it looks like, he unscrewed it, then put the screws neatly back on the gun frame.

As far as the noid goes, he possibly could have been tinckering with it, forgot to unplug the wires from the board before removing the grip frame and broke the noid wire, get where im going?

soo, for the noid if the wires r just ripped, get some one to solder emback together and that will fix it. i once ripped the eye wires on my angel a1 and i got my friend to solder it right up and worked perfectly.
Finally someone understands. The only thing you missed is that the marker was sealed in a bag, which apparently was sealed when he opened the box, which means USPS did not mess with it. The only possible way is that he did it and is now blaming me. He's also changed his story from a simple noid (which I do happen to have an extra of) to the board and all the wire harnesses being broken.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 PM #15
PBPlayer11
Live from the 3o4

At this point, you need your video evidence, thats the only way anything will get done. It sounds as if he is trying to weasel his way out of it, by making up new things that are wrong, and/or changing his story to what actually IS wrong. The ball is in your field, and you have all the proof. You just need to provide it. If he doesnt have any proof, I dont see how his argument can be considered valid.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:47 PM #16
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPlayer11 View Post
At this point, you need your video evidence, thats the only way anything will get done. It sounds as if he is trying to weasel his way out of it, by making up new things that are wrong, and/or changing his story to what actually IS wrong. The ball is in your field, and you have all the proof. You just need to provide it. If he doesnt have any proof, I dont see how his argument can be considered valid.
I will be going to the post office tomorrow and talking with the office on the issue and try to get the video.

From what I understand in the last text, he is willing to ship my gun back, but I am to pay for shipping and he would be keeping the 80$ that I sent him which I don't agree with. I don't want my marker back, I want the G4.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:49 PM #17
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Inform jrob of this thread so he can Post his side of the story.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:50 PM #18
ShotS

ShotS plays in the PSP
i know the bag was sealed. i was doing an "EVEN IF THIS...STILL DOSNT ADD UP" thing

and yea dude, that sounds like exactly what happened, he unscrewed the grip frame screws taking it apart (like any person does who gets a "new" gun in the mail... shoot, i do too) and forgot to take the grips off and unplug the wires before pulling it off.

OR he took the grip frame off (w/o unplugging wires) and the gun possibly went to fall and he grabbed the gun anddidnt grab the whole gun just the body and the grip frame fell ripping the wires/messing up the wire harness
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 PM #19
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Alright, I didn't think that you did so I just made sure.

I tinkered with my Spyder Pilot when I first got into paintball and messed it up, ever since then I refuse to take apart my markers anywhere in the frame in fear of breaking them.

What doesn't make sense to be as of late is the change of story.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:04 AM #20
ShotS

ShotS plays in the PSP
You know, and I just had a REALLY wierd, possibly the WIERDEST deal ever (ask any mod). A pbn member shipped an ego10 i bought, and usps took the box opened it, took out my ego10, were soo stupid and grabbed some other ladies sealed package and put her package into my box and sealed it up with duct tape and delivered it to my house(i assume it was a lady, because it was a ****ty cop costume with thongs and fishnet stockings). ANYWAY, i made a video of me opening it(because it felt wayy too light, ive done many trades on multiple websites and i know what a gun in a box feels like and sounds like). and every single possible person thought i had opened the box then put that garbage in there then put duct tape on it then made the video. That waas litterally salt on the wound, that was the worst part about it. anyway the member swore he shipped it and filed a usps claim, and friday they found it (2 weeks later) and i just got it today. The point im trying to make is. i have legitimate proof usps took my gun out of the box, however even though they took it out, they did not unscrew anything and put it back in well they didnt even put it bck in, but still you get my point.

I truely believe the other member took it apart and didnt realize what he was doing and accidently broke the wiring harness and wires, and thought maybe he could get away with saying tweak broke it thus not paying to fix his mistakes.
Everyone allways makes a mistake when comitting a crime (just solid facts), and i believe his mistake was having those screws neatly in the gun, and everything all tidey. had the screws been missing or out of the gun and the gun next to the packaging id be alittle different looking. however everything is just too neat for something like this.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 AM #21
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotS View Post
You know, and I just had a REALLY wierd, possibly the WIERDEST deal ever (ask any mod). A pbn member shipped an ego10 i bought, and usps took the box opened it, took out my ego10, were soo stupid and grabbed some other ladies sealed package and put her package into my box and sealed it up with duct tape and delivered it to my house(i assume it was a lady, because it was a ****ty cop costume with thongs and fishnet stockings). ANYWAY, i made a video of me opening it(because it felt wayy too light, ive done many trades on multiple websites and i know what a gun in a box feels like and sounds like). and every single possible person thought i had opened the box then put that garbage in there then put duct tape on it then made the video. That waas litterally salt on the wound, that was the worst part about it. anyway the member swore he shipped it and filed a usps claim, and friday they found it (2 weeks later) and i just got it today. The point im trying to make is. i have legitimate proof usps took my gun out of the box, however even though they took it out, they did not unscrew anything and put it back in well they didnt even put it bck in, but still you get my point.

I truely believe the other member took it apart and didnt realize what he was doing and accidently broke the wiring harness and wires, and thought maybe he could get away with saying tweak broke it thus not paying to fix his mistakes.
Everyone allways makes a mistake when comitting a crime (just solid facts), and i believe his mistake was having those screws neatly in the gun, and everything all tidey. had the screws been missing or out of the gun and the gun next to the packaging id be alittle different looking. however everything is just too neat for something like this.
I read your thread before making mine. I'd like to thank you for seeing everything from the logical side, as most people do not.

What you are saying is what I've been telling him and he ignores everything I say. I've tried being logical and civil and understanding but get nowhere.