PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-13-2013, 07:26 PM #1
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

PaInTeRjOe_BkO is reppin' sidebar 4 life
7 Days to Die

Well this game could potentially be ****in awesome, idk if you guys saw it on Steam. Haven't purchased it yet, not sure if I will til it's released but what do you guys think?

Obviously the graphics are horrible, but it looks pretty dope regardless. Also there's a **** ton more videos on youtube, but this one seems to give the best first look.
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2013, 07:39 PM #2
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I tried out the very first build they put out, seems like a LOT of potential but at the time there wasn't a whole lot to do. I'll probably check it out again when its officially released.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:03 PM #3
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

when was that?
Old 12-13-2013, 08:14 PM #4
Fuzzy R.

In general shooting zombies is incredibly boring but the non-combat aspects sound good. Wish more games had that kind of building and environment manipulation.

Last edited by Fuzzy R. : 12-13-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Fuzzy R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:09 PM #5
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

well this game is essentially minecraft with better physics and graphics. i doubt the crafting system is as diverse and deep as minecraft but, **** it might be.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:45 PM #6
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaInTeRjOe_BkO View Post
when was that?
Back in August maybe?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:12 AM #7
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

damn thats a while to improve. im tempted to get it.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:55 AM #8
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I've watched ngt lets plays of this game and I find it to be awful. The audio is terrible and there is zero audio controls so the zombies are screeching in your ear. The mechanics and ui look very clunky and animations are awful. Also the voxels that make up the landscape are ugly as sin. At least miscreant got it right by keeping it square and not trying to render these oddly shaped voxels that make things look bad. Houses in particular.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:28 PM #9
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
I've watched ngt lets plays of this game and I find it to be awful. The audio is terrible and there is zero audio controls so the zombies are screeching in your ear. The mechanics and ui look very clunky and animations are awful. Also the voxels that make up the landscape are ugly as sin. At least miscreant got it right by keeping it square and not trying to render these oddly shaped voxels that make things look bad. Houses in particular.
Well its nothing time can't fix right?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:59 PM #10
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaInTeRjOe_BkO View Post
Well its nothing time can't fix right?
I guess so but for as long as it's been out I've seen no core improvements. Of course this is from a third person view as I'm basing my opinion on watching let's plays

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote