Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM #1996
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupyST View Post
You're not my target demographic anyways. Just realize that you were the one who said "Now I know how gun owners feel." I really hope you can log off tonight knowing how silly that was.

*Edit* And federal government had to step in a generation ago to make it legal for interracial to marry. Would you rather they have not done that?
I would rather the federal government not be in the business of marriage. I'm under this belief that any power not specifically given to the federal government or forbidden to the states must remain with the states.
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 PM #1997
OccupyST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
So if Georgia still outlawed interracial marriage you'd be okay with that? (Keep in mind, people aren't going to just MOVE to another state just to satisfy a marriage... Obviously not that easy, nor should you think it's a feasible option given the freedoms interracials have right now by comparison.)

How far are you ACTUALLY willing to take your stance on this without sounding silly...
OccupyST is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 PM #1998
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupyST View Post
So if Georgia still outlawed interracial marriage you'd be okay with that? (Keep in mind, people aren't going to just MOVE to another state just to satisfy a marriage... Obviously not that easy, nor should you think it's a feasible option given the freedoms interracials have right now by comparison.)

How far are you ACTUALLY willing to take your stance on this without sounding silly...
If Georgia wanted to do that then yes i'd be ok with it. If the affected people don't move away then obviously marriage doesn't mean enough to them.

If the LGBT community is big enough then they can change the policy by voting or hit the states pocket book by moving away and incourging the free market to not do business in the state.

You may not like it but this is how the founders intended government to work.
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 PM #1999
OccupyST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
If Georgia wanted to do that then yes i'd be ok with it. If the affected people don't move away then obviously marriage doesn't mean enough to them.
My JOB and FAMILY mean a lot to me. My partner (of many years) has a JOB and FAMILY that means a lot to him. Our duty is better served in this state than to just move based on your uncomfortable fear of an obvious federal/social necessity.

Quote:
You may not like it but this is how the founders intended government to work.
They had slaves. Oh and something about women not being able to vote. /idea
OccupyST is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:28 PM #2000
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
Anal sex? Anal sex has nothing to do with what I'm saying why don't you understand that?

I'm talking about homosexuals being at a greater risk of getting a STD. Where you stick it doesn't increase your odds of getting a STD
Actually, yes it does. Anal sex greatly increases the odds of transmitting an STI.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:44 PM #2001
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Abstinence only education at its finest.
F1VENOM is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 PM #2002
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupyST View Post
...



They had slaves. Oh and something about women not being able to vote. /idea
The entire world had slaves at one point in time or another, what its your intended point with that comment?

Also, women's suffrage lead directly to the prohibition. Way to go, ladies.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps, Luxe n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 PM #2003
OccupyST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
My (obvious) point is that we (this country) evolved accordingly. No sense in saying that our founders were the one and only answer to our future and to use it as an excuse (whilst ignoring obvious historical examples like the one I illustrated earlier.)
OccupyST is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 PM #2004
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
The entire world had slaves at one point in time or another, what its your intended point with that comment?
appeals to emotion, it's a common tactic.
Iamamartianchurch is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 PM #2005
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupyST View Post
My (obvious) point is that we (this country) evolved accordingly. No sense in saying that our founders were the one and only answer to our future and to use it as an excuse (whilst ignoring obvious historical examples like the one I illustrated earlier.)
No, but they made the rules to the board game we're currently playing. They even have us a handy way to change the rules or even leave if we saw fit. Though Lincoln got everyone believing you can't leave this gang once you enter... Blood in blood out was tattooed on his chest.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps, Luxe n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 PM #2006
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Thomas Jefferson was a hack. Ya, I said it.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 PM #2007
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Thomas Jefferson was a hack. Ya, I said it.
I like his natural aristocracy correspondence, **** you!
Iamamartianchurch is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 PM #2008
OccupyST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Right -- so where was interracial marriage stacked on this one?
OccupyST is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM #2009
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
No, but they made the rules to the board game we're currently playing. They even have us a handy way to change the rules or even leave if we saw fit. Though Lincoln got everyone believing you can't leave this gang once you enter... Blood in blood out was tattooed on his chest.
Didn't we used to be A United States of America?
Iamamartianchurch is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 AM #2010
SYSTEM
Notomated
 
SYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3928120
__________________
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
SYSTEM is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump