PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 04:10 PM #1891
OccupyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I am, in the "bear" culture what is termed a "daddybear" as is my partner of 13 years (14 in Jan.), and my younger partner (5 years together now) is what is termed a "polar cub" due to his blond hair and light complextion.
You have two partners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
If you are going to try to tell me a larger percentage of gays men dont act like females far more than straight men then you must be in denial.Either that or your brain is so politicaly correct it cant function properly
I lol'ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
Basicaly i consider him a total disgrace and he makes me sick.The rest of the family feels about the same.If i was in charge he would be shipped to Antartica at the very least.
Xtreeeme! haha.

Quote:
dont even for a second try to tell me you alot of gays nont speak differently.
If they WRITE like you do, I'll hope to not encounter any.

But all kidding aside, the whole 'lisp' thing accounts for probably less than 2% of the population of homosexuals. You may as well suggest that all women act like Paris Hilton. Or that all men are Steven Seagal.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2012, 05:54 PM #1892
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupyST View Post
You have two partners?
Yep, polyamorous relationships. Not somthing that works for everyone, it works for us and makes us happy, so whatever.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 12-18-2012, 06:00 PM #1893
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_(gay_culture)

I am, in the "bear" culture what is termed a "daddybear" as is my partner of 13 years (14 in Jan.), and my younger partner (5 years together now) is what is termed a "polar cub" due to his blond hair and light complextion.
So what's the term for a collection of bears? A pride? Pack?

EDIT: looks like it's a "sleuth" (independent from the slang of the gay culture).

Here's my question: are assless chaps a part of the bear subculture, or do they fall into a subculture of their own?
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:08 PM #1894
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
Here's my question: are assless chaps a part of the bear subculture, or do they fall into a subculture of their own?
No clue, I have never been one for them. Don't get the guys that wear them, never liked chaps at all unless I am working with horses. I am more the jeans, shirt, and a good flannel with my stetson kinda guy.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:10 PM #1895
chodeyg
sprezzatura

you might as well be the gay brawny man
Old 12-18-2012, 06:12 PM #1896
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupyST

But all kidding aside, the whole 'lisp' thing accounts for probably less than 2% of the population of homosexuals. You may as well suggest that all women act like Paris Hilton. Or that all men are Steven Seagal.
Wait, all women don't act like Paris Hilton? What?
Old 12-18-2012, 06:16 PM #1897
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
you might as well be the gay brawny man
I have shown my picture here before, I am pretty much as redneck as they come...I just happen to like other guys in the bedroom rather than the women.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 AM #1898
scienceguy

Quote:
I have shown my picture here before, I am pretty much as redneck as they come...I just happen to like other guys in the bedroom rather than the women.
Sorry if you've already posted this before, but if you don't mind me asking. When did you know ou were gay? We're you into boys before you even knew what gay was? Was it as early as 1st or 2nd grade?

I'm guessing by your history that you didn't have a family that was supportive so you might have tried to deny it at first? There had to be some moment that erased all denial for you though.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 AM #1899
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceguy View Post
Sorry if you've already posted this before, but if you don't mind me asking. When did you know ou were gay? We're you into boys before you even knew what gay was? Was it as early as 1st or 2nd grade?

I'm guessing by your history that you didn't have a family that was supportive so you might have tried to deny it at first? There had to be some moment that erased all denial for you though.
Looking back on life, I realise now that I was attracted to men as young as I can remember, before I even understood what the feelings ment. My parents were quite suportive, (and liberal, but no ones perfect right? ) however the area I grew up in when I started to explore sexuality was not what one would call condusive to being gay. So I learned via social presures/comments/standards that "gay" was wrong. I tucked the feelings deep and did what I thoguth would make me "normal" including a series of long relationships with women. Met my ex-wife when I was 23, met my first real "boyfriend" when I was 24. When I say boyfriend I mean someone I saw more than one/two times for a fling. Was seeing them both for a few years then lost touch with "the boyfriend" due to once again wanting to hide my true self/feelings/whatever you want to call it.

So, married (see note 1) I bump back into the "BF" and we hit it off again. 4 months later I devorced the ***** (LONGGGGG story), and moved to sacramento with the then BF, comming out to my friends/family, and so starts the life I fought and denighed myself for 28 years. I have now been with my current partner (not that first BF) 13 years, in a open, poly relationship. We are registered domestic partners with the state of CA, and hold all the paperwork to legaly take care of each other (power of attorny, living will, etc.). I met the younger of my partners and he joined our house 5 years ago now.

(Note 1: Funny but true. I was standing at the alter, watching my soon to be wife walk down the isle, when I looked out at all the faces in the church, and thought to myself "I wonder where XXXX is and why he isnt here". XXXX of course being the name of the BF I had been seeing and had not seen in over a year. This my friends was the universe giving me a brain duster of a slap, and it STILL took me another year and a half to wake up )

Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 AM #1900
scienceguy

Interesting. I'd always assumed that your time on the street had something to do with a religious family not accepting your choice and you wanted to get away from that situation.

So do you regret the early years? Do you wish you were honest with yourself earlier, or do you see those years as necessary to figuring out what you really wanted?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 AM #1901
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I hate when people ask those questions. It negates the fact that those early years are what shape people to what they are today.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 AM #1902
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceguy View Post
Interesting. I'd always assumed that your time on the street had something to do with a religious family not accepting your choice and you wanted to get away from that situation.

So do you regret the early years? Do you wish you were honest with yourself earlier, or do you see those years as necessary to figuring out what you really wanted?
I have wondered where and what I might be if I had accepted my feelings early on. Truth is, I would not be the man I am today, so no, no regret at all.

as to the "religious" family, LOL sorry. No actualy my parents raised all of us to honor truth and fact over fiction and fear. Really I kind of pitty people who have to put faith into a invisible god, and not themselves. Its kind of sad when you think about it, someone with such a low self esteme that they can't believe in themselves and must grasp onto a fantasy ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I hate when people ask those questions. It negates the fact that those early years are what shape people to what they are today.
But it is a valid question, so I don't lament him asking it.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 AM #1903
scienceguy

Quote:
I was looking at it from the angle: Does the stigma cause more problems? He probably would not have been married then divorced. Without the stigma everyone might have been settled in earlier because he would have been more free to be honest with himself??? (Correct me if I'm way off on this Overbear).

I agree that it's a hokey question and somewhat rhetorical, but I didn't know how else to put it.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM #1904
catterman
It does what its told!

catterman supports Team VICIOUS
catterman plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
the vag has two jobs
take the d and **** out a baby
it does a VERY good job at both
one of the funniest posts ive read in a while. bravo murph.
CAROLINA KEGGERS #13
Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 AM #1905
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Father View Post
I really don't care what people do in their bedroom, but why the **** is their so much gay **** on tv? I don't pay for cable, but anytime I'm at a friend's house or somewhere someone is flipping through the channels, it seems like over half of these lousy programs are glamorizing the gays.
Don't know, why is there so much libtard crap on TV? because it sells, and makes money thats why.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 AM #1906
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
Awaiting Email Confirmation

bravo is the only channel i have seen like that

and by glamorizing gays i assume you mean femine fashion-obsessed metropolitan types

and generally tv is crap
Old 12-20-2012, 12:45 PM #1907
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy R. McNuggs View Post
bravo is the only channel i have seen like that

and by glamorizing gays i assume you mean femine fashion-obsessed metropolitan types

and generally tv is crap
Both Bravo and the gay channel do it, all they show is the twinks. You never see a good bear or other manly man on there. It is kinda stupid considering bears are a good 20-30% of the gay culture.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:59 PM #1908
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I guess you just have to watch PBS and be like "Man... I wish Bob Vila was gay."
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM #1909
scienceguy

Quote:
Both Bravo and the gay channel do it, all they show is the twinks. You never see a good bear or other manly man on there. It is kinda stupid considering bears are a good 20-30% of the gay culture.
I bet lots of them (the metrosexual type on tv) aren't even gay. It's TV so they play the image people expect to see for laughs. They're actors. It like a blond playing a ditsy role because everyone likes so see dumb blonds pretend they don't know what tunafish is.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:15 PM #1910
IgnoranceInABag

Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D1 division
but it says chicken on the can...
Old 12-20-2012, 02:12 PM #1911
marcozombie

Quote:
I guess you just have to watch PBS and be like "Man... I wish Bob Vila was gay."
Nearly dropped rammen...lulz