Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 PM #1639
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Whyn View Post
So you aren't here to contribute to discussion, merely tell us that it isn't easy for a society to follow ideal values all the time.

cool story broheim
Ironic post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
That really is the essence of it isnt it? When it comes down to it, we all hold ideals and we all wish to live in a society that upholds them. If we didn't you or I wouldn't be having this conversation.
Sure, thankfully we're in a society shifting toward the acceptance of gay marriage.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 PM #1640
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Without trying to seem like I disagree with you, may I ask you why you believe it's better for children to be raised by "true" parents? I'd argue that people have parental capabilities outside of whether or not the children they parent are their own.
That's a really odd question to be asking.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 PM #1641
Gnarly Whyn (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Ironic post.

Sure, thankfully we're in a society shifting toward the acceptance of gay marriage.

shoulda lowered my expectations when I entered the thread.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:10 PM #1642
F1VENOM

Quote:

shoulda lowered my expectations when I entered the thread.
I congratulate you on your continued irony by posting more useless drivel.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 06-15-2012, 01:11 PM #1643
m.bouhabib47

m.bouhabib47 is BST Legit
m.bouhabib47 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
m.bouhabib47 posts videos on PbNation
m.bouhabib47 is an NCPA player
m.bouhabib47 plays in the APPA D3 division
Lol idk you have to be pretty homosexual to post a thread like this on a paintball related website, IMO
Mike Bouhabib #47
(Sad, teamless, and in need of some loving.)
The gun I shoot doesn't matter, Its how I use it!
Committed to Boston Paintball
Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM #1644
Gnarly Whyn (Banned)

Is this that thing where you do the same thing as me but hope I don't notice and instead get mad, i.e. your attempt at trolling?

cuz telling me my posts are drivel is drivel. but you know that cutie pie
Old 06-15-2012, 01:16 PM #1645
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
You aren't buying a child. You are buying the custodial rights from the Child's parents. Remove the monopoly that the state has on adoption services and everything gets better.
That's a pretty bold assumption. Don't you think there are some pretty daunting and foreseeable problems with opening up a market for people to sell their parental rights? You'd essentially remove any incentive for not having children from an entire segment of society by creating a market for this biological process. Wouldn't we be right back to square one when (not if) the supply for parental right exceeds the demand? Strictly from an economic perspective, children aren't a fungible commodity, and it's not as though the market can react by simply lowering the price for parental rights.

As far as markets for organs are concerned, I see a whole slew of ethical problems due to the fact that it opens up yet another avenue for the wealthier members of society to hang their social status over the heads of the lower classes. Don't mistake this as me claiming that use of perks relative to social standing is a per se unethical; I'm just of the opinion that being stuck between a rock and a hard place shouldn't be veiled as a decision of pure free will.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:19 PM #1646
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb

JOHNNY G donated to help Peyton Trent
JOHNNY G owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JOHNNY G supports DLX Technology
JOHNNY G supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bouhabib47
Lol idk you have to be pretty homosexual to post a thread like this on a paintball related website, IMO
This section has nothing to do with paintball you stupid prick

"Originally posted by "Codypbnation: You really are a dick Johnny"
Old 06-15-2012, 01:19 PM #1647
F1VENOM

Quote:
Is this that thing where you do the same thing as me but hope I don't notice and instead get mad, i.e. your attempt at trolling?

cuz telling me my posts are drivel is drivel. but you know that cutie pie
It's not trolling, it's bringing the conversation to a level you can jump on. Ya know, gold stars for effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
That's a pretty bold assumption. Don't you think there are some pretty daunting and foreseeable problems with opening up a market for people to sell their parental rights? You'd essentially remove any incentive for not having children from an entire segment of society by creating a market for this biological process. Wouldn't we be right back to square one when (not if) the supply for parental right exceeds the demand? Strictly from an economic perspective, children aren't a fungible commodity, and it's not as though the market can react by simply lowering the price for parental rights.

As far as markets for organs are concerned, I see a whole slew of ethical problems due to the fact that it opens up yet another avenue for the wealthier members of society to hang their social status over the heads of the lower classes. Don't mistake this as me claiming that use of perks relative to social standing is a per se unethical; I'm just of the opinion that being stuck between a rock and a hard place shouldn't be veiled as a decision of pure free will.
It may be just what we need to reverse the wealth disparity in America. Allow people to sell their babies and watch the poor prosper.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 PM #1648
Gnarly Whyn (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post

So supply and demand works still, but the pricing mechanism doesn't? Stopped caring right there.

Edit: That wasn't nice and I like you so I'll elaborate.

You're assuming that entire segment of society will be producing children that will be sought after. You're also assuming the introduction of selling custodial rights means the exit of traditional adoption services (or making it out that way). For me, I look at women who undergo abortions. Allowing women to sell custodial rights will cut down on the amount of abortions women have (this is assuming good policy from the governing institutions, of course). Cutting down on the # of abortions that are had every year is good. It should re-enforce good cultural values, cut down on political strife, and potentially end a lot of social issues people have in today's world.

Now, if the supply of children from the most average to below average of parents underwent a sudden increase (which would render the pricing mechanism less effective) there might be a problem for a short period of time. But just how plausible is that scenario? We're talking about a formal market where the custodial rights to unborn children and orphans are exchanged for cash. Don't you think women will seek out people with a demand for custodial rights before embarking upon pregnancy? There is lots of physical and mental strain, not to mention all the associated costs and the high amount of care prospective buyers will want to see.

so please, how is your scenario in any way likely?

Quote:
So the hundreds of people (slightly highball estimate) who die each day because they don't receive an organ transplant is more ethical than people having the ability but not the means to receive an organ? What's the difference, between more people living?

Last edited by Gnarly Whyn : 06-15-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:39 PM #1649
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
So supply and demand works still, but the pricing mechanism doesn't? Stopped caring right there.
Pricing is a manifestation of supply and demand, but it isn't an exclusive indice. You're honestly of the opinion that price could fluctuate accordingly for a product as inelastic as children? There is no market alternative for children, and I find it a laughable proposition that people would suddenly purchase more children if the entry cost is somehow lessened.

Quote:
Don't you think women will seek out people with a demand for custodial rights before embarking upon pregnancy?
No I don't, but that may be where there heart of our disagreement lies. We far too many unplanned pregnancy as it currently stands with no market, so I don't see how adding planned pregnancies with the goal of selling parental rights will somehow level the adoption market out. Pure speculation on my part.

Quote:
So the hundreds of people (slightly highball estimate) who die each day because they don't receive an organ transplant is more ethical than people having the ability but not the means to receive an organ? What's the difference, between more people living?
I don't think sticking someone between a rock and hard place constitutes a voluntary action, and as such I see a pretty strong argument for a violations of the 13th Amendment.

My take on organs? Make organ donation an opt-out ordeal. Presume that everyone who dies wishes to have their organs donated, and rebut that presumption by an affirmative action on the part of the potential donor stating he does not wish to have his organs donated.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.

Last edited by StellarKnight : 06-15-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:41 PM #1650
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
So you aren't here to contribute to discussion, merely tell us that it isn't easy for a society to follow ideal values all the time.

cool story broheim
Which is excuse enough to abandon the pursuit altogether. Once you've reached this point its basically pointless to talk about anything except that which deconstructs.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:43 PM #1651
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
*sigh* why is it the idiot libtards have to be pro gay. Why can't the decent republicans be the progay and we can get rid of the libtards together.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 06-15-2012, 03:01 PM #1652
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
*sigh* why is it the idiot libtards have to be pro gay. Why can't the decent republicans be the progay and we can get rid of the libtards together.
Your broad use of categories is why.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:02 PM #1653
automagsrule
LOIC

I petition we officially change your name to Angrybear.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 06-15-2012, 03:04 PM #1654
Overbear

Quote:
Your broad use of categories is why.
because for the most part, everything the "libs" stand for, I am aganst. I am tired of all the social programs, the whining about this and that, the "green" mesures, even the "we must all get along and be diverse"

Hell the extreme neo-cons wouldn't be the anti-gay up in arms they are, if the demo****s would stop poking the them!

Ever hear the term..don't poke the sleeping bear?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:08 PM #1655
F1VENOM

Quote:
because for the most part, everything the "libs" stand for, I am aganst. I am tired of all the social programs, the whining about this and that, the "green" mesures, even the "we must all get along and be diverse"

Hell the extreme neo-cons wouldn't be the anti-gay up in arms they are, if the demo****s would stop poking the them!

Ever hear the term..don't poke the sleeping bear?
See you paint with a huge brush and it just defeats your own arguments.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:15 PM #1656
Overbear

Quote:
See you paint with a huge brush and it just defeats your own arguments.
Son, if all you got is a hammer, everything is a nail.

You think on what I mean by that.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:16 PM #1657
F1VENOM

Quote:
Son, if all you got is a hammer, everything is a nail.

You think on what I mean by that.
Sounds like you're the problem if you're just picking out the hammer. There are far more effective tools for discussing politics, but you go for the 5lber every time for some reason.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:17 PM #1658
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Republican is a party, not a way of describing your personal views.

You are part of the exact kind of people that do not need to be voting.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:19 PM #1659
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Are mentally handicapped folks even permitted to vote?

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Closed Thread