Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:39 PM #1072
TeamLeadersAccount

TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat

your parents didn't happen to live in Waco Texas in '93 did they?
No
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2012, 05:45 PM #1073
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLeadersAccount View Post
I believe people can be born gay. But it is a spirit. If u cast the spirit out. U won't be gay. HUMANITY that I am supposedly lacking. Is not important in when understanding us. I completely understand what u are saying. But talking to someone who is not educated in God you will not understand yourself so u could never explain yourself to me.
I will accept your view on one, very simple condition...

Show me absolute, scientific proof, god exists. If you can, then I will openly apologise to you. Otherwise, your nothing but a fruitcake, a nutcase, someone who needs to be locked up for the good of the human race.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 05-24-2012, 05:46 PM #1074
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
http://www.as.wvu.edu/~kgarbutt/Quan...ing_Humans.htm

Check out some of the source material, I am trying to find another study done just last year that gave a DNA/genetic breakdown of % chances, I know UCSB has it, just not sure if its on the public access system.

*edit* found the previous one from 07, hang on...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...df/9915962.pdf

Again this one is from 99 and a bit dated.
From the very study you site (first source):

Quote:
Inbreeding also increased morbidity in the study. There were significant increases in levels of handicapped offspring associated with inbreeding. Inbreeding was associated with a 37.5% increase in offspring with one or two major handicaps, while it also caused a 24.1% increase in offspring with one or two minor defects. Moreover, inbreeding caused an increase of 31.7% in hearing impairments. Development also seemed to be affected by inbreeding. Children of consanguineous marriages were significantly older than the control group when they first walked and talked.
Nothing else on that paper really gives any specific study results as far as the effects of inbreeding.

Even the ending summary of the second document goes more with my evidence than yours:

Quote:
In summary, reduced fecundity in the more-inbred Hutterite women indicates the presence of recessive alleles that adversely affect either conception or peri-implantation loss rates in the population. In contrast, completed family sizes among women born after 1920 are not different among the less-inbred and more-inbred women, which suggests that there is reproductive compensation among the more-inbred women, presumably to achieve a culturally defined optimal family size. This reproductive pattern should result in the maintenance of recessive alleles in the population that influence fecundity.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien

Last edited by Treghc : 05-24-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:49 PM #1075
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
From the very study you site (first source):

Nothing else on that paper really gives any specific study results as far as the effects of inbreeding.

Even the ending summary of the second document goes more with my evidence than yours:

In summary, reduced fecundity in the more-inbred Hutterite women indicates the presence of recessive alleles that adversely affect either conception or peri-implantation loss rates in the population. In contrast, completed family sizes among women born after 1920 are not different among the less-inbred and more-inbred women, which suggests that there is reproductive compensation among the more-inbred women, presumably to achieve a culturally defined optimal family size. This reproductive pattern should result in the maintenance of recessive alleles in the population that influence fecundity
Take a look closer in the second one at some of the charts, the numbers indicate in 1st generation inbreeding, a under .001% corrected adjustment.

However at the end of the day, yes, inbreeding can be quite bad, but not nearly the "death sentance" its made out to be.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:50 PM #1076
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:

Show me absolute, scientific proof, god exists. If you can, then I will openly apologise to you. Otherwise, your nothing but a fruitcake, a nutcase, someone who needs to be locked up for the good of the human race.
Show me absolute scientific proof that rights exist.

Just kidding but semi seriously.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:54 PM #1077
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Show me absolute scientific proof that rights exist.

Just kidding but semi seriously.
That is a easy one, just have to read the preamble to the consitution.

But this abstract idea of "god" we are asked to believe in, has never been given with proof, they expect "faith" and that, as far as this gay man is conserned, is bull****. Faith is what you have in your fellow man, in yourself, not in some ghost in the clouds.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:56 PM #1078
TeamLeadersAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear

I PERSONALLY myself. Cannot show u God. But God can revel himself to u. It says in the Bible if you seek me you WILL find me
Old 05-24-2012, 05:56 PM #1079
marcozombie

[quote=Iamamartianchurch;75635926]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post

Divorcing emotions from this conversation is the goal.
You cant, they are married
Old 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM #1080
TeamLeadersAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear

Well let's hear how u think we were made
Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 PM #1081
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
That is a easy one, just have to read the preamble to the consitution.

But this abstract idea of "god" we are asked to believe in, has never been given with proof, they expect "faith" and that, as far as this gay man is conserned, is bull****. Faith is what you have in your fellow man, in yourself, not in some ghost in the clouds.
Then I could use the bible as proof of god? How about the prose Edda as proof of Norse deities?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:02 PM #1082
Overbear

Quote:
I PERSONALLY myself. Cannot show u God. But God can revel himself to u. It says in the Bible if you seek me you WILL find me
The bible as you call it, was writen by men, not by some supreme ghost in the clouds. It was writen to control people, to get them to obey and folow along in a line...its for sheep.

Quote:
Well let's hear how u think we were made
I don't even pretend to know, perhaps we evoloved out of chemicals and sugars forming. Perhaps we were seeded here by an acient alien race, perhaps there is a big mucky muck in the universe that jerked off and spooged on the earth and created us out of it.

It is not germane to the goals of the human race to know or care if there is a 'god' or where we came from. Our goal is to evolove, to progress and continue forward. Somthing we can't do as long as nutcases like you want to crucify people for being gay, and force us to believe in that drivil you call a religion.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:03 PM #1083
marcozombie

Quote:
Then I could use the bible as proof of god? How about the prose Edda as proof of Norse deities?
...ah, i don't think so, unless god him/she/it signed the bible somwhere in the back...
Old 05-24-2012, 06:05 PM #1084
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
...ah, i don't think so, unless god him/she/it signed the bible somwhere in the back...
The constitution declaring that all men are born with inalienable rights is no different than the bible declaring god created everything.

Show me the scientific proof for either claim.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:06 PM #1085
marcozombie

Quote:
The constitution declaring that all men are born with inalienable rights is no different than the bible declaring god created everything.

Show me the scientific proof for either claim.
The constitution was writen and signed by living breathing men.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:09 PM #1086
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
The constitution was writen and signed by living breathing men.
Both texts were written on paper by men. That argument is asinine because I can make a wild claim in the same fashion and declare it true because I wrote it down and signed it. Wheres the scientific proof?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:14 PM #1087
marcozombie

Quote:
Both texts were written on paper by men. That argument is asinine because I can make a wild claim in the same fashion and declare it true because I wrote it down and signed it. Wheres the scientific proof?
yeah, no...the constitution is a real document, written and signed by real people. the bible was also written by people however it is attributed to the word of god. Please show me a signature of god anywhere on that document...
Old 05-24-2012, 06:15 PM #1088
F1VENOM

Define scientific proof for rights. They're a social construct, just like religion.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM #1089
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

You are implying that a right exists simply because some people signed a paper saying it does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Define scientific proof for rights. They're a social construct, just like religion.
If rights are simply social constructs, then they are hardly "inalienable", "endowed by our creator", and frankly hold little worth.

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 05-24-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM #1090
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
You are implying that a right exists simply because some people signed a paper saying it does...

If rights are simply social constructs, then they are hardly "inalianable", "given to us by our creator", and frankly hold little worth.
How do you define their worth? They're agreed upon constructs that strive to advance the health and well-being of everyone.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 05-24-2012, 06:20 PM #1091
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post

If rights are simply social constructs, then they are hardly "inalianable", "given to us by our creator", and frankly hold little worth.
Bingo.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:21 PM #1092
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
yeah, no...the constitution is a real document, written and signed by real people. the bible was also written by people however it is attributed to the word of god. Please show me a signature of god anywhere on that document...
So a signature is enough to prove the validity of anything I write on paper.
Closed Thread