PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 PM #1
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lightbulb Governor Cuomo (D) pushes hard for bill alowing abortions after 6 months

Seven, eight months ok?

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cuo...rats-catholics

"One-third of all pregnancies in the state end in abortion, and in some parts of New York City the abortion rate is more than 60 percent."

Wow, seriously? NYC treats life like it's a ****ing joke.

"The abortion language would allow late-term abortions, allow non-doctors to perform abortions, and supersede any reasonable restrictions such as parental notification"

So let me get this straight, Gov. Cuomo pushed hard to limit the amount of rounds people can have. He's big on preventing people from dying by way of the bullet. Yet he's perfectly OK with allowing women to abort kids after 7 or even 8 months? That's basically a baby.

That might be not only some of the most contradicting logic I've ever heard, but perfect proof that some people just really shouldn't be in a position of responsibility. Liberal logic here is horrible.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 PM #2
tomM925
R.I.P America.

tomM925 supports DLX Technology
Let him continue committing political suicide. You wont hear this NY resident complaining.

OBAMA SUCKS.

Last edited by tomM925 : 01-21-2013 at 11:41 PM.
tomM925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 PM #3
Murph1329

wow!

just incase those pro abortion people don't understand this is what you call a late term abortion. Bascially the baby is too large to take out with a vacuum so they must conduct what they call a partial birth abortion. Basically they birth the baby but leave the head in the virgina. They then cut a hole at the base of the baby's head and snake in a vacuum hose to suck out the baby's brain.

It's important to note that a baby at 6 months can live outside the womb so this is killing a human no matter how you look at it.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-21-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 AM #4
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
And he's trying to save lives?

Surprised Gonzo and Carl aren't condemning him. I thought Gonzo and Carl were about saving lives with tighter gun regulation.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 AM #5
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Father View Post
If you're religious, aborted babies go to heaven and people who support abortion go to hell. Isn't that satisfaction enough? This whole debate over the years has become very tiring and boresome.
Well, I was taught that the only way to the father is through the sun, or simply put, the only way to heaven is to consciously accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, begging forgiveness for all sins. Babies are just as tainted by original sin as the rest of man, so I'm pretty sure that means that all dead babies burn in inescapable hellfire for eternity. God is good.

Anywho, unborn fetuses are a different story, however, because they have technically not "made it to Earth" quite yet. Until they exit the wound and can survive as independent entities, unattached form the mother host, they likely have no soul to burn, so are probably safe from torment as long as they are never born. Abortion clinics, in this way, save the unborn from the Lords wrath of the sinful, by taking advantage of one of His many loopholes.

Although, because these fetuses are technically mere growths and extended body parts of the mother host, and because the mother likely had premarital sex to get in the situation in the first place, it could stand to reason that the fetus is damned from the start, never even needing original sin to earn their ticket to Hell.

Man, interesting thread
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 AM #6
benji25
Legen (wait for it) Dary

benji25 is a Moderator
benji25 donated to help Peyton Trent
benji25 is playing at Living Legends V
benji25 posts videos on PbNation
benji25 supports our troops
benji25 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Father View Post
If you're religious, aborted babies go to heaven and people who support abortion go to hell. Isn't that satisfaction enough? This whole debate over the years has become very tiring and boresome.
From a religious perspective I don't think it is that cut and dry.

But even from a strictly human standpoint, at a certain point a baby is a baby that can live outside of the womb (if it had to). So I think the argument here is what is the difference from killing a baby in the womb that can survive outside the womb itself and a 1 month old already born?
benji25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM #7
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
FYI, a baby can survive outside the womb at 24 weeks (6 months).
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:48 AM #8
justicexd
mowing faces since '83

It's for the children...
justicexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:36 PM #9
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

The game he's playing is waging a war between NYC & downstate versus upstate. The guy really wants to run for the presidency but can't see how much of a failure he is outside of his NYC and downstate constituents.

IMO: abortion is wrong. However I feel it is justifiable if it threatens the life of the mother or was a case of incest and/or rape. If you don't want a kid, don't have sex or at least use the effective forms of birth control.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 PM #10
Murph1329

we hit the trifecta here. We have an abortion, gun control, and gay rights thread all going at the same time.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Old 01-22-2013, 01:00 PM #11
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm surprised Gonzo hasn't blamed the Republicans for this yet.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 PM #12
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Well, I was taught that the only way to the father is through the sun, or simply put, the only way to heaven is to consciously accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, begging forgiveness for all sins. Babies are just as tainted by original sin as the rest of man, so I'm pretty sure that means that all dead babies burn in inescapable hellfire for eternity. God is good.

Anywho, unborn fetuses are a different story, however, because they have technically not "made it to Earth" quite yet. Until they exit the wound and can survive as independent entities, unattached form the mother host, they likely have no soul to burn, so are probably safe from torment as long as they are never born. Abortion clinics, in this way, save the unborn from the Lords wrath of the sinful, by taking advantage of one of His many loopholes.

Although, because these fetuses are technically mere growths and extended body parts of the mother host, and because the mother likely had premarital sex to get in the situation in the first place, it could stand to reason that the fetus is damned from the start, never even needing original sin to earn their ticket to Hell.

Man, interesting thread
What church do you believe holds this doctrine?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:18 PM #13
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I believe that the Catholic Church teaches that unbaptized babies go to purgatory. I'm not really sure what that means though. Can anyone explain?

I apologize if this post seems to fall into the Religion OT as opposed to the Politics. But this thread seems to have ties to both.

Last edited by PBOldTimer : 01-22-2013 at 01:20 PM.
PBOldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 PM #14
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
I believe that the Catholic Church teaches that unbaptized babies go to purgatory. I'm not really sure what that means though. Can anyone explain?

I apologize if this post seems to fall into the Religion OT as opposed to the Politics. But this thread seems to have ties to both.
To be frank, Catholics are complex. The simplest answer I can give is what the International Theological Commission had to say in its address The hope of salvation for infants who die without being baptized:

Quote:
The conclusion of this study is that there are theological and liturgical reasons to hope that infants who die without baptism may be saved and brought into eternal happiness, even if there is not an explicit teaching on this question found in Revelation.
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co...nfants_en.html
Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM #15
Iamamartianchurch

Man I hate the modern Vatican. Eternal happiness, bleh. Seeing as how an unborn infant isn't able to go through any requirement for the attainment of theosis, it is likely that they simply end up in oblivion. This outcome would certainly stress the immorality of abortion as per Catholicism. Additionally it aligns with the function of miscarriage.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:38 PM #16
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Good to know there are reasons to hope they can be saved..

And I went to a small town non-denominational church. They made my family sacrifice my older brother and turn over our prized goat, but it was a pretty rockin' church. House band was dope.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:46 PM #17
Murph1329

I got an idea. How about we stop looking at the abortion issue through the eyes of religion and instead look at it like a morality issue.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 01-22-2013, 01:46 PM #18
rT159
BlackOps

If this continues on the religious path it's gonna get closed.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM #19
chodeyg
sprezzatura

The opinions of Zeus and Shiva aside, its a little silly to be getting an abortion at 6 months. I'm a procrastinator but come on now.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:49 PM #20
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Man I hate the modern Vatican. Eternal happiness, bleh. Seeing as how an unborn infant isn't able to go through any requirement for the attainment of theosis, it is likely that they simply end up in oblivion. This outcome would certainly stress the immorality of abortion as per Catholicism. Additionally it aligns with the function of miscarriage.
This isn't a new concept. I know Aquinas believed this (or something very similiar) which was codified in Eleventh session of the Council of Florence in the mid 1400s. If I remember correctly, it goes back farther than that. Aberlard or Heloise in the mid 12th? Something like that.

I do remember that the Council at Carthage in the mid 400s choose not to endorse Augustine's view of "mild condemnation".

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 01-22-2013 at 01:51 PM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:55 PM #21
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
This isn't a new concept. I know Aquinas believed this (or something very similiar) which was codified in Eleventh session of the Council of Florence in the mid 1400s. If I remember correctly, it goes back farther than that. Aberlard or Heloise in the mid 12th? Something like that.

I do remember that the Council at Carthage in the mid 400s choose not to endorse Augustine's view of "mild condemnation".
Just so we are clear before I say anything, we are talking about the unborn, not my first 2 statements?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote