Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-08-2012, 12:44 PM #1
addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Does anyone still sell an air hose for a Brass Eagle Afterburner?

Does anyone know where I could find a replacement hose for an Afterburner? Everywhere I have found online it is discontinued and sold out. Or does anyone know of any other solution to replace the hose? Since it is left hand thread I'm having a hell of a time.
addicted2dunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:27 PM #2
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Looks like my usual sources are dried up as well. Not surprising, it is a discontinued design.

However there are a few workarounds.

This hose from an old version of a Raptor will work on the body...
http://www.jtpaintballparts.com/1301...e-p/gp4692.htm
...however it won't work with the stock bottom line on an Afterburner. The linked hose does use 1/8npt threads, which is the standard hose threading for aftermarket bottom line accessories, so you can use it with a different bottom line. Most aftermarket bottom lines have a single line of holes, so you'd mount it to half of the holes on the bottom of the Afterburner's grip, offset a bit to one side or the other.

Since you have the left hand threaded version (I thought Afterburners were newer than that and had the later right hand threads? oh well, learn something new every day), you can replace the hose with a vertical ASA (air source adapter).
http://www.jtpaintballparts.com/VL-P...OST-p/3438.htm
Then you can run a small tank vertically, or add a regulator, expansion chamber, or gas through grip. Those will have to be combined with an aftermarket bottom line (stock one has proprietary threads), and a new standard hose.

There are a few more options for the mechanically inclined. How handy are you with a drill and set of thread taps?

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:15 PM #3
addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I can fabricate almost everything.... except hoses....
addicted2dunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 PM #4
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dunes View Post
I can fabricate almost everything.... except hoses....
All standard paintball gun hoses use (both steel braided and macro line) use 1/8 npt threads. Commonly found tap in a good tap and die set. The stock bottom line can be drilled and re-tapped for that quite easily. The body uses a larger threading (1/2-20 left hand, with some later BE/VL guns using 1/2-20 right hand). In the past I took a bad stock hose, cut off the fitting that screwed into the body, then drilled and tapped the middle of that fitting to take a standard paintball gun hose. Basically made my own 1/2-20 to 1/8 npt adapter. I know at least one person on this board has re-drilled a body ( Raptor technically, but it uses the same threads on the body) for I believe 1/4 npt or 3/8 npt, and then used a reducer to go from that thread to 1/8 npt.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:34 AM #5
melkson
Raptor Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
I know at least one person on this board has re-drilled a body ( Raptor technically, but it uses the same threads on the body) for I believe 1/4 npt or 3/8 npt, and then used a reducer to go from that thread to 1/8 npt.
I've done both. I had a stripped out body and drilled it out to 1/4 then made an adapter to 1/8 npt. However the easiest was getting the correct hose, snapping the threaded piece off, and drilling and tapping that for 1/8 npt.

However, the easiest for most people is to get an old Raptor ASA and use that.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote