Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2011, 12:39 PM #1
kencrema
 
 
kencrema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Will football ever become the biggest spectator sport in the world?

One day, I think football has the potential to become the biggest TV sport in the world and make the most revenue. I predict it will happen in the next 50 years for sure. Mark my words.
kencrema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2011, 12:40 PM #2
<<safety!>>
Pick Six Ponder
 
<<safety!>>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tallahassee
<<safety!>> owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Nope
__________________
And im sittin back
thinkin of a master plan
trap goin' crazy
we smokin **** from Amsterdam
<<safety!>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:41 PM #3
kencrema
 
 
kencrema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by <<safety!>> View Post
Nope
Wrong. It's already taken over America by a large margin, and since its the most exciting sport to watch it will become the world's most watched sport, its a natural progression.
kencrema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:43 PM #4
PeYToN-SS
dat fro
 
PeYToN-SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The Danger Zone
PeYToN-SS is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
No. MMA will be #1.
__________________
2011 NMFCF Honey Badger Thread Champion
Team Aircraft Carrier - Chairman of the Brain Trust
PeYToN-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:45 PM #5
<<safety!>>
Pick Six Ponder
 
<<safety!>>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tallahassee
<<safety!>> owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencrema View Post
Wrong. It's already taken over America by a large margin, and since its the most exciting sport to watch it will become the world's most watched sport, its a natural progression.
You: Will this happen?
Me: No
You: Wrong. America loves it, so therefor it is the most exciting sport to watch. I can make this judgement because I am American.

Ohhh wait this is a troll account. Boring.
__________________
And im sittin back
thinkin of a master plan
trap goin' crazy
we smokin **** from Amsterdam
<<safety!>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:48 PM #6
kencrema
 
 
kencrema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeYToN-SS View Post
No. MMA will be #1.
I don't think so, primarily because its too violent to attract a family to watch the game on a Monday night. Football has the violence, but its not bloody or brutal, its clean family friendly violence that is sanitized enough for mass consumption.
kencrema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:57 PM #7
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***
 
imhungry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: OH - IO
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeYToN-SS View Post
No. MMA will be #1.
trolololololol.


in america it is untouchable to maybe college overtaking it (wont happen). world...maybe in 50 years when people outside north america start giving a **** about it
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:59 PM #8
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
probably not
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:27 PM #9
kencrema
 
 
kencrema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
trolololololol.


in america it is untouchable to maybe college overtaking it (wont happen). world...maybe in 50 years when people outside north america start giving a **** about it
Well technically its untouchable only as long as we stay a primarily conservative anglo-saxon country that believes in meritocracy, capitalism and the American Way. If our demographics change away from this into a more Latin population, it may change in a 100 years.
kencrema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:49 PM #10
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio
 
Paintnoob13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: misery
Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OP is a true professional
Paintnoob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:32 PM #11
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill
 
BenderBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Lacrosse will be #1.
__________________
"Originally posted by Kellster: You always own me, breh. :("

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
BenderBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:34 PM #12
JJags32MJD
DTWD
 
JJags32MJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Land of Entrapment
I hope not. Canadas already done ****ed the sport up. Well so has Goodell but at least the NFL doesn't give points for a missed fg.
JJags32MJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 PM #13
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
football kind of sucks
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:56 PM #14
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Football doesnt have the excitement and grace of soccer, so no.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:24 PM #15
wilsef
Highrollaz AUSTRALIA
 
wilsef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canberra Australia
As someone from outside the US (Australia)
NFL will never be the biggest sport need the world - myself I personally like it
But reason why it won't take off in the rest of the world
1. Here in Australia most people find it drawn out, too long and too slow. If you have or do ever get the chance have a look at our national sport AFL ( Australian football league) and you will see what I mean
2. The rest of the world loves football (soccer) too much and that will never change
wilsef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:41 PM #16
kencrema
 
 
kencrema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
football kind of sucks
*Calls immigration*

Time to get deported.
kencrema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:43 PM #17
kencrema
 
 
kencrema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsef View Post
As someone from outside the US (Australia)
NFL will never be the biggest sport need the world - myself I personally like it
But reason why it won't take off in the rest of the world
1. Here in Australia most people find it drawn out, too long and too slow. If you have or do ever get the chance have a look at our national sport AFL ( Australian football league) and you will see what I mean
2. The rest of the world loves football (soccer) too much and that will never change
You say football will never be the most watched because its too slow and boring, then you say soccer will be the most watched sport.

That sir is an oxymoron.
kencrema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:48 PM #18
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencrema View Post
*Calls immigration*

Time to get deported.
they're is a reason its called the beautiful game
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:02 PM #19
Matt.is.back2011
 
 
Matt.is.back2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
they're is a reason its called the beautiful game
This man speaks truth.
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 PM #20
wilsef
Highrollaz AUSTRALIA
 
wilsef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canberra Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencrema View Post
You say football will never be the most watched because its too slow and boring, then you say soccer will be the most watched sport.

That sir is an oxymoron.
i said most people in Australia find it slow soccer is probably one of the least watched sports here and is very rarely even televised
as for the rest of world i cant comment and dont understand why they like it so much
wilsef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 PM #21
kencrema
 
 
kencrema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
they're is a reason its called the beautiful game
cause most foreigners like gay unmanly beautiful things. Have you ever met a foreigners who you didn't suspect of being gay? The prosecution rests its case.
kencrema is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump