PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-10-2014, 05:00 PM #1
jayy dubz

jayy dubz owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
New b2k bushmaster

Recently bought a bushmaster off of ansgear. I understand this gun has probably sat for a while. What are some thing I can do to make sure the gun does not start to break down?. Such as parts on gun to lube and ect.
jayy dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2014, 08:56 PM #2
zthatguy
thatguy

zthatguy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I would definitely start by removing all the old lube that might be on it. Start on LPR, HPR ram, bolt, etc then relube with Dow 33 / Sleek.

Check all the orings as well, they are probably toast.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:52 AM #3
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
to be safe i would read the manual fully. change out the orings relube it, then just set your setting and velocity and your good to go.

Gearbag sale
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:07 AM #4
Meest00gt

ANS posted a video recently reviewing the "old-new" BKO's and B2K's and in the video it's mentioned that they went through all of them, replacing orings and relubing everything. So theoretically, you should be okay. That said, you could always go through it anyhow just for the sake of being sure.
Meest00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:42 PM #5
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eh, i would still give it a once over anyway. Not that a lot can go wrong, but "factory" or even ANS quality control isn't always quality.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:19 AM #6
Meest00gt

Rather than starting a new thread, I'd like to tack on here. I'm looking at picking up one of these as well. Is there any parts on these B2K's that are likely to go bad that cannot be replaced somehow. I realize the solenoid may fall into this category, but how common is that with these markers?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:25 PM #7
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The noids are pretty good, unless you over pressurize them. That can happen with just about any noid. Other than the specific seals lime the cup seal, they are pretty much solid. You can use LP tanks as well as regular HP(800psi). Anything more than that, and you run risk of damaging the noid.

The first thing i would do is to replace the HPR. It is the weak point of the platform. Just about anything is better than stock. The LPR isn't bad, so you don't need to replace that.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:59 PM #8
Meest00gt

Awesome information, thanks for the quick reply. Its good to see this area of the forums is still somewhat active. Are there any platform specific parts I should pick up at the same time other than Oil/Grease? I'm really only looking for a reliable and easy to maintain marker, I don't play near enough to warrant a high-end marker. I also like the older markers that were so popular when I played growing up, I currently have an e-orracle as my primary right now.