Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-23-2011, 11:02 AM #1
swiftreprisal

new karni-slight issue

so i bought a karni for a steal from the local shop-it came mech and i used a mix of old and new parts to bring i back to e-1 state (zeroB board). it sounds and looks like it cycles fine, but with paint in there, the gun was acting like the eyes couldnt see the paint (cocks back, about half second delay, then back block returns to body) with the eyes off, it would cycle as if normal, still no paint coming out the buisness end. i realize i was using marbalizer (dark) paint though... i turn the eyes back on after about 10 or 20 shots, it began to fire as if normal, with no modification to the gun by me. i turned the eyes off, still shot fine.

im worried this will be an issue when i get it to the field today or tomorrow (im on call so wont know for a few hours yet). can anybody shine some light on this? im sure its been posted here before seeing as how this site is huge, but i didnt have any luck finding it, and im a newb to e cockers (mech orry still shoots great all these years later though! )

thanks guys!

adam
swiftreprisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2011, 12:28 PM #2
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode

Annual Supporting Member
CrazyDriver84 supports Sherwood Forest
CrazyDriver84 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If you hold down the center button until it says "off" you can then use the up/down buttons to find the eye sensitivity. If it has a hard time reading paint you can increase the sensitivity. Sometimes I see needing to increase the sensitivity to 65 with dark paint on a Karnivor.

Also make sure the eye and eye hold are clean.
CrazyDriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:48 PM #3
swiftreprisal

Awesome, thanks man! The sensitivity is at 100, so maybe that's it. While I'm here, velocity through front reg (foregrip), correct? I don't have the special tool needed to do it the 'traditional' way, and while using pliers, got no results (variation in velocity). I did it through the front reg...I'm not setting my gun up for a future failure, am I?

Again, thank's for the reply!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:25 PM #4
ficone

ficone owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ficone has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ficone has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You should adjust from ivg in the back. Look in stickys on how to sweet spot you autococker.
ficone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:40 PM #5
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode

Annual Supporting Member
CrazyDriver84 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftreprisal View Post
Awesome, thanks man! The sensitivity is at 100, so maybe that's it. While I'm here, velocity through front reg (foregrip), correct? I don't have the special tool needed to do it the 'traditional' way, and while using pliers, got no results (variation in velocity). I did it through the front reg...I'm not setting my gun up for a future failure, am I?

Zero B right? I would set the gun to Factory Fast and start over. The stock eye senstivity is 50. Or were you reading what it was reading?
CrazyDriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:19 AM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:

youll be fine adjusting the stock regulator. general sweetspot for a wgp gun is ivg in about 2 threads and then you can just make adjustments to the hpr as needed. of course when you have some time and a little extra paint feel free to tinker and find the perfect spot. stock reg works great, on mine once i had it set i rarely had to adjust it for the 2 years i used the thing.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM #7
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:

You can adjust velocity by changing the inline reg (what you're calling the 'front reg') operating pressure. However, your upside will be limited. As you increase pressure from 0 the velocity will increase until you reach a point (usually called the sweetspot) where the pressure is the most efficient for operating the marker. As you increase pressure above that point, the pressure tends to hold the valve shut and velocity decreases.

As long as you can achieve your desired velocity the only downside to using the reg to adjust is that you may not be operating your marker as efficiently as possible. Not a big deal if you get all day air where you play.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:46 PM #8
swiftreprisal

Thank's guys, sorry for the late reply, just got back from TN. I'll try it out!