PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-20-2011, 03:46 PM #1
thedoctor22

Tiberius T9 Accuracy

hey!
i'm getting a new Tberius T9 (not the t9.1) and i was just wondering how accurate is it with regular .68 paintballs/ is it noticably more accurate than tippmann a5s and markers like that? and how many magazines should i plan on buying?
Thanks,
the doctor
thedoctor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2011, 06:44 PM #2
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor22 View Post
hey!
i'm getting a new Tberius T9 (not the t9.1) and i was just wondering how accurate is it with regular .68 paintballs/ is it noticably more accurate than tippmann a5s and markers like that? and how many magazines should i plan on buying?
Thanks,
the doctor
It's no more or less accurate then any other paintball marker shooting a paintball at 280-300 FPS.

It is however believed to be a more consistent design then the Tippman A5. The added consistency, the ability to shoot the same velocity, shot to shot, aids in the precieved "accuracy".

If you want to shoot limited paint using 8 round magazines ... the T9 is a great platform. It's consistent and compact. And Limited paint play brings a fun changing new element to the game for experienced players.

If you want to shoot ropes of paint to suppress your opponent. There are far better suited choices out there for a hopper feed marker. The Mechanical Phenom is excellent marker to shoot lots of paint, while still keeping the mil-sim aesthetic of the T9. It uses a similar internal bolt/valve system to the T9. Giving it a better consistency (and precieved accuracy) over the A5.

Now on to the special case.... First Strike rounds. These beauties ARE more accurate and get much greater distance than a paintball. The First Strike Upgraded-T9 (or Stock T9.1) is an amazing platform to shoot these rounds.

So to finally answer your question: a T9 when using First Strike Rounds, is far more accurate than other paintball markers shooting regular paint.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 PM #3
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Personally I'd rather use my T9 with hopper feed than a Phenom. For one thing, never cared for the cyclone feed. Just too big of a target hanging off the side of the gun. While the T9 hopper adapter does stick out more than it really needs to, you can still tilt your hopper behind cover when you need to.

Second, it's a much more streamlined design. The amount of metal that can be hacked off a phenom is down right ridiculous. The T9, you slip off the fore grip, take a section off the barrel, and you suddenly have an ultra tight setup for when you really need to tuck into cover.

As an added bonus, you can switch to mag play and/or first strike play with a simple twist of the barrel.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:22 PM #4
thedoctor22

i used it for the first time today, and oh my god, it was the nicest and most accurate marker i have ever shot. i used in pistol form and i was able shoot ball on ball at 80 feet. i got 22 kills in 5 woodsball matches, and i've never been happier.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:22 PM #5
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor22 View Post
i used it for the first time today, and oh my god, it was the nicest and most accurate marker i have ever shot. i used in pistol form and i was able shoot ball on ball at 80 feet. i got 22 kills in 5 woodsball matches, and i've never been happier.
I bet you got all those eliminations and still used a fraction of the paint you would have normally.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:09 PM #6
thedoctor22

i barely used any paint...it was great. i think i might have used 100 shots in all...the only thing thats gonna be expensive now is the 12 grams....30 bucks for 40 of them
Old 10-23-2011, 12:14 PM #7
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
dude, for 12grams, go to sports stores and ask for already opened boxes.

I bought 38 from an opened 40 pack for $10. Score. And it was a quality brand, too, if that matters.

If you want "better accuracy", then try using bigger bore paint which is high quality (which will still be inexpensive since you'll only need like 1 bag to hold you over for 2 days)

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:31 AM #8
(NMA)SixSigma

um the T9's accuracy is unsurpassed IMO. here is my rating of it after using it this past weekend.

Accuracy= 9-10 (this is based on other guns that I have used it would rank way higher than any tippman, again IMO.)

Rate of Fire= 6-10 (Can not squeeze off rounds rapidly will jam the gun up. then again Idk about it if I had an ehopper if that would help or not.)

Range= 8.5-10 (definately can volley shots way further than a lot of the other guns out there...accept speedball guns. but for the money way better than most.)

Recommended upgrades

Lapco 14" barrel
Raised rail and dot site
electric hopper
and remote line attachment

(magizine feed is not my style unless you intend on using the T9 as a sidearm, but then your not using this superior marker to its full potential
Commandment #1: I am the War Lord and the wrathful God of Combat and I will ALWAYS lead you from the front, not the rear.
-Marcinko
(NMA)SixSigma is offline   Reply With Quote