Community Focus

Old 02-10-2014, 04:17 PM #1
ELuSiVe1151

has been a member for 10 years
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the PSP
ELuSiVe1151 is an NCPA player
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the APPA D5 division
Olympics - idea, not sure if suggested already

So they say paintball can't be in the olympics because it doesn't have a centralized international governing body, which the notion at large seemes to be the following: that the entire dilemma is the fault of having too many leagues, a problem which presumably would have been magically alleviated by a merged NPPL and PSP, which didn't happen, ruining our hopes and dreams for an olympics-worthy governing body forever.

I believe that whole idea is utter nonsense. Forgive me for being blunt, but what do you call the APPA if not a governing body?

You all know it - http://www.paintball-players.org/

With a bit more authority over all the existing leagues (new dilemma waiting to happen) it could be just what we need. It already keeps track of every league in every country, right down to the player. every tourney player and team has to register with it and there is no other organization like it. So what gives?

As for the electronic device thing i heard about that's also a hurdle: paintball in the olympics is paintball in the olympics, so in my opinion, either switch to pump or jack up RnD on strictly-mechanical markers so we can have a standard olympic paintball marker if that's what is needed.

enough with the excuses already is all i'm saying.

Thoughts? Feel free to tell me i'm full of it if you need to. Curling's got me in a crappy mood.
The Grind Continues!!!
Empossible Sports - Jim Pica Foto - Meadowlands PB
ELuSiVe1151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2014, 04:12 PM #2
splatking101
Only God Can Judge Me

Sadly, I dont see paintball ever being in the olympics. Maybe the xgames someday. Its just not as popular as you think. Especially not on a global scale. Plus its an expensive sport.
splatking101 is offline   Reply With Quote