PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM #43
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

sharkethic86 is Legendary
Hate to rez an older thread, but just wanted to give an update and if anyone else has been questioning on picking up a G6R or looking into upgrades can gain anything from this. Going to be picking up the TechT bumper ram and SLP reg soon and I can only imagine this gun getting smoother and quieter as I break it in. Mad props to Bob all around on this marker. Best buy out there hands down.
sharkethic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2012, 01:12 PM #44
Mr. Stealthy

Good to hear you are liking it. Once you get used to stack tubes it is definately the best.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:08 PM #45
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Yea I have no issue shooting the stacked tube now like I first did. I'm slowly becoming addicted to the upgrades for it too even though they are indeed minimal improvements or even just alterations to an already amazing platform and even with all of them still spent less than an Ego, lol.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:44 PM #46
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Stealthy - Also just a personal thank you as I've greatly enjoyed all the reviews you've done for all the upgrades throughout multiple threads.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 PM #47
GooseDaMighty
IM F-ING AGG!!

GooseDaMighty owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
this year i went from axe, victory, nt and now the g6r.

all i have to say is the g6r is the best shooting in my honest opinion. its actually my favorite gun ive owned and ive been gun whoring since 2005 lol.

Deadlygoose from 2004-09
My Old Feedback http://www5.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=118179
GooseDaMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:40 PM #48
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Haha yea all my gun whoring came to an end with the G6R as well. Had a few Ego's, A1 Fly (which I actually do kind of miss), Geo, Geo2, and then almost went to an NT or Victory right before I got this. Very happy with my choice.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:06 PM #49
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have the new tech t ram, it makes it a little smoother and turns the sound sig down a little. If you want a super smooth G6R, the lurker Eigenram and valve is coming out pretty soon, and I promise you (if it works) it will make the gun super smooth. Just youtube Lurker G6R eigenram.
paintballoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:24 PM #50
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkethic86 View Post
Stealthy - Also just a personal thank you as I've greatly enjoyed all the reviews you've done for all the upgrades throughout multiple threads.
No problem. Glad you enjoy them. I am an upgrade junky myself.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:26 AM #51
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
The G6R is as smooth as many spool valve guns out there. The gap is closing between the two. I'll take a G6R over an NT any day.
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:54 PM #52
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballoliver View Post
I have the new tech t ram, it makes it a little smoother and turns the sound sig down a little. If you want a super smooth G6R, the lurker Eigenram and valve is coming out pretty soon, and I promise you (if it works) it will make the gun super smooth. Just youtube Lurker G6R eigenram.
Yea I've heard a lot of buzz about the Eigen parts coming out in the near future. I may get the ram anyway since it's a cheap combo with the bolt pin I want though, and even if it's only a fraction quieter, it'll only make me love my G6R even more haha. Gonna have to look into the Eigen stuff a tad more now.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 PM #53
eskeoto
Seriously!?

There is a video on YouTube of Gabe shooting a g6r with the Eigen valve in it (or the ram, can't remember). Looks good.
eskeoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:10 PM #54
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Yea he says Eigenram but I've read things lately now that it won't be a ram but a new internal valve. I'm hoping/assuming that said valve will function with Bob's LP poppet and the TechT ram since I'll likely have both of them.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:23 PM #55
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Yea he says Eigenram but I've read things lately now that it won't be a ram but a new internal valve. I'm hoping/assuming that said valve will function with Bob's LP poppet and the TechT ram since I'll likely have both of them.
The new valve for the Eigenram would replace the low pressure/stock poppit. It is an air assisted valve which tend to require lower pressure to operate. Not sure if you would be able to run the TechT ram with the valve but probably not. You would also not want to run the Eigenram with the LP poppit since both operate by keeping the valve open longer. The use of both provides a longer than ideal amount of time that the poppit is open.

It is going to be an either or kind of thing. I am not 100% sold on the Eigen kit yet since it is using an air assisted valve which are in my experience not nearly as reliable as the traditional spring guided poppit valve. One of the reasons I favor the stack tube platform is its extreme low maintenance and reliability so this may not be for me if it can't keep those traits. Bob utilized a balanced poppit similar to this with the Gen4s and the result was a super smooth but sometimes troublesome platform that he ended up switching back to traditional poppits. Lurker is rumored to have now made this system prety darn reliable though so time will tell. In any case, it is really exciting to see all the ingenuity/modifications coming out for this platform.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:28 PM #56
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Hmmm. Well the TechT ram really is no different other than the bumper, so I would think that shouldn't conflict with the Eigen valve? I think I have the same feeling as you though, that I wouldn't want to go with a system that is that much different than what Bob intended for minimal gain? Idkkkk
Old 02-11-2012, 02:21 PM #57
PBMT

Lurker mentioned that he is designing the valve to work in conjunction with the eigeenram though. Just not sure I can wait as long as I did for the DM Eigenring, I just may end up picking up a techt ram even though my G6R hasn't even arrived yet.
PBMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:30 PM #58
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Hmmm. Well the TechT ram really is no different other than the bumper, so I would think that shouldn't conflict with the Eigen valve? I think I have the same feeling as you though, that I wouldn't want to go with a system that is that much different than what Bob intended for minimal gain? Idkkkk
It will probably have a prety large effect on how smooth the marker shoots. I am just not sure it will be worth it if the reliability is effected.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:53 PM #59
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
It will probably have a prety large effect on how smooth the marker shoots. I am just not sure it will be worth it if the reliability is effected.
But then I guess we go back to the point of how much smoother and quieter do you REALLY want or need your G6R lol. Just the LP poppet alone when I installed it was like WOW ok this is just as quiet and soft as my Geo2 was. With the TechT bumper ram AND once I actually get my marker broken in more (I'm only about 6 cases though?) I can only imagine how much nicer it can get.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:58 PM #60
gunhero5
Aim High - Don't Die

Annual Supporting Member
gunhero5 is a Moderator
gunhero5 is a Supporting Member
gunhero5 is BST Legit
gunhero5 supports Bob Gurnsey
gunhero5 supports our troops
gunhero5 is Immortal
Buy a Clone and call it a day. No poppet will ever be as smooth as a properly tuned spool valve gun.

Even my properly tuned vintage matrices shoot smoother than modern day poppets.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:59 PM #61
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhero5 View Post
Buy a Clone and call it a day. No poppet will ever be as smooth as a properly tuned spool valve gun.

My properly tuned vintage matrices shoot smoother than modern day poppets.
Ehhh I've heard the praise of Macdevs for a while and how smooth they are while still boasting efficiency numbers that are rather impressive, but I don't think at this point anything is going to replace my G6R. The thing is amazing. I've shotten plenty of spools before to compare it to and I don't see needing anything quieter or smoother than this is now.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:02 PM #62
gunhero5
Aim High - Don't Die

Annual Supporting Member
gunhero5 is a Moderator
gunhero5 is a Supporting Member
gunhero5 is BST Legit
gunhero5 supports Bob Gurnsey
gunhero5 supports our troops
gunhero5 is Immortal
Quote:
Ehhh I've heard the praise of Macdevs for a while and how smooth they are while still boasting efficiency numbers that are rather impressive, but I don't think at this point anything is going to replace my G6R. The thing is amazing. I've shotten plenty of spools before to compare it to and I don't see needing anything quieter or smoother than this is now.
/endthread
Old 02-11-2012, 03:03 PM #63
eskeoto
Seriously!?

Also, one of the many perks to owning a bob long is that you know that the entire gun was machined and assembled right here in the united states. That is a very big thing for me.
eskeoto is offline   Reply With Quote