Community Focus

Old 10-16-2011, 10:49 AM #1
Sassafras

Sassafras is playing at Living Legends III
Sassafras owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sassafras supports Team VICIOUS
Sassafras has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Job Offers

I currently have one more semester before I graduate (spring semester) with a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. I went to the job fair a couple weeks ago and I got a call from a company for an interview. The company that called me is a company that I consider to be a fall back option.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how I should deal with this situation. What if they offer me a job before I even have a chance to talk to other companies, what do I tell them? I don't want to come off like "I'd like your job if nothing else comes my way." There is some upside to the company though. It is only 30minutes away from my house so I wouldn't need to move and they deal with hydraulics, which interests me. But they are a smaller company so the pay would be less than what I could get other places and I would probably have to travel a bit.

Any help is appreciated.
Sassafras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2011, 10:59 AM #2
Captain A v2.0
Whatevs

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Captain A v2.0 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
I currently have one more semester before I graduate (spring semester) with a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. I went to the job fair a couple weeks ago and I got a call from a company for an interview. The company that called me is a company that I consider to be a fall back option.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how I should deal with this situation. What if they offer me a job before I even have a chance to talk to other companies, what do I tell them? I don't want to come off like "I'd like your job if nothing else comes my way." There is some upside to the company though. It is only 30minutes away from my house so I wouldn't need to move and they deal with hydraulics, which interests me. But they are a smaller company so the pay would be less than what I could get other places and I would probably have to travel a bit.

Any help is appreciated.
I assume this is a deferred/delayed offer even if you get the job. Do the interview and if you get the job take it. Continue to interview at other places and if you find something that works better for you then take that and politely tell the other company you have found a better offer.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:33 PM #3
M98custom1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain A v2.0 View Post
I assume this is a deferred/delayed offer even if you get the job. Do the interview and if you get the job take it. Continue to interview at other places and if you find something that works better for you then take that and politely tell the other company you have found a better offer.

Who knows they could match your current ofter.

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit
Manufacturing Engineer
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote