7lash
Taking it up a LeVe1

has been a member for 10 years
7lash works for a Paintball manufacturer
7lash plays in the PSP
7lash owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmannrocker90 View Post
Is there any kind of default power saving mode that turns it off after a certain set period of time?
The Etha will shutdown after 20mins of inactivity. Simply hit the button every now and again to stop it shutting down.

Last edited by 7lash : 11-01-2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Bad Gramma
7lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 AM #65
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
As Vicious said, all our official weights are the complete gun, ready to go, with the barrel that is supplied with the gun, the ASA that is supplied with the gun, and a battery inside the gun.
Jack Wood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 AM #66
loldongs
I know the paintball

loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
loldongs posts videos on PbNation
I tried the etha while i was at africa cup. It's light efficient and consistant a bit loud but shoots like a high end marker. Planet eclipse send out impressions with this marker everytone was talking about it there.
loldongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:39 AM #67
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by loldongs View Post
I tried the etha while i was at africa cup. It's light efficient and consistant a bit loud but shoots like a high end marker. Planet eclipse send out impressions with this marker everytone was talking about it there.
Nice to meet you out there Eduard

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:35 AM #68
loldongs
I know the paintball

Nice to meet you too nicky and I hope we in africa made a good impression of ourselves.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:33 PM #69
L.A. Astronaut

All the reviews so far seem to have the same sentiment, to paraphrase: "it's not a ego or a geo, but it's $395 and it works great."

My question is, if it is built with the same tolerances as a high-end eclipse, shoots accurately, and doesn't break paint....why is this gun not tournament capable? Everybody thought the Axe was gonna be another Mini until the Pros shot it and now instantly changed everybody's mind.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:40 PM #70
loldongs
I know the paintball

It looks built very similarly to the etek3 lt it feels good I shot uber brittle premium gold through it no breaks but breaks in the nt 11. the only down side I would say is that it is loud. I would say it is very tourney capable I played a round with it and it worked great.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:36 PM #71
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Astronaut View Post
All the reviews so far seem to have the same sentiment, to paraphrase: "it's not a ego or a geo, but it's $395 and it works great."

My question is, if it is built with the same tolerances as a high-end eclipse, shoots accurately, and doesn't break paint....why is this gun not tournament capable? Everybody thought the Axe was gonna be another Mini until the Pros shot it and now instantly changed everybody's mind.
I honestly don't know who -raqh- has been talking to, as I really cannot see any reason why the Etha *couldn't* be used in a tournament. Certainly on this forum, I haven't seen anyone complaining about paint breakage being a concern. I'd have to be honest and say that I'd rather use an Ego11 or Geo2, but if price weren't an issue, who wouldn't? But that is just a matter of preference, and doesn't change the fact that an Etha, or an Etek for that matter, meets tournament rules and has the performance to get the job done.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:49 PM #72
Shecki
Clockwork Clothing

Annual Supporting Member
Shecki is a Supporting Member
Shecki plays in the PSP
Shecki owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shecki owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shecki supports our troops
Shecki plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Astronaut View Post

I've used it at a couple of tournaments. PSP World Cup, NEXL/NEPL (northeast), and FoXball (northeast). Plenty tournament capable. I think Uzi said it best...if money isn't really an option, and you'd rather spend $1250 to shoot a gun that's a little smoother, and has a couple more bells and whistles (thumb screw on the feedneck, and LCD screen...stuff like that)...then, you will. The board on this gun has every mode you'd need to play in pretty much any tournament league in the US, and the gun is just as comfortable to play with as the $1200 Ego11 sitting in my gearbag. With that said...that's why I have shot the gun at some events. Certainly noone is holding a gun to my head making me, I have a choice. It's a nice change of pace to go play a couple points with the Ego11/Geo2, and then a couple points with the Etha. They both have great qualities. If you have any specific questions about the guns feel, feel free to shoot me a PM or ask on here. If you get the chance to give one a run, I think you'll enjoy it!

Original Feedback

Clockwork Clothing

For all of your printed apparel needs ! ! !
Shecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:01 PM #73
L.A. Astronaut

Thanks Uziel and Shecki! While many of us on budgets have been using old Marqs, Shockers and Ego 7s for a long time with no loss of performance (well, maybe with the Shockers a little) I was really stoked when I saw the Etha Price tag and then read the specs and realized this gun was a game changer, even more so than the axe. I don't care what I shoot as long as it's 12.5 BPS ramp and doesn't break paint. I really hope there's no big glitches when it finally drops.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:05 PM #74
-raqh-

Annual Supporting Member
-raqh- owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
@ Uziel

It was some guys who clamed to have shot it it UK and Scotland. Tried to find it but failed. Dont know if it was on the news tread or somewhere here.

Whatever, i think the point has been made that those guys are trolls or just plain stupid...

-raqh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:53 PM #75
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
I actually broke one ball today. Having said that, I think the ball was broken before the marker was cycling fully.

I find that the marker half cycles a couple of times before it gets going (only ever a couple). I presume that one half cycle pushed a ball part way out of the breech, which in turn allowed the next ball to partially enter the breech. The next cycle broke that half fed ball.

After the two half cycles, the marker shot normally, and there were no further breaks.
Jack contacted me after reading this post. He wanted to find the source of the bolt stick, as no-one else has been having any.

You may remember that I wrote that I had been directed to use the marker without referring to the manual, to see how easy it would be for people to use the marker, even if they had no knowledge of it.

Turns out that when I tried servicing the marker without referring to the manual, and applying grease where I thought it was appropriate to do so, I actually greased something I shouldn't, and this was causing the bolt stick. The bolt and bolt guide should be run clean.

Having cleaned the grease from the bolt and guide, I have left the marker sitting for 24 hours, gassed it up, turned it on, and fired a shot with no sign of bolt stick. I have repeated this three days running with no issues.

So, the bolt stick was simply a matter of user error, and without it, I probably still wouldn't have broken a single ball at this point.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 11-07-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Typo.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:46 PM #76
NuNu@BR

NuNu@BR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNu@BR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Capital Offense View Post
I SOOOOO wanted to edit that first throw out!! but thought it would look like it was staged and cut/edited because the mud was still down the barrel...LOL aye........

the box is larger and has the couple of hard edges on it, so it will be a bit tougher to stash away in a duffle. Not sure exactly how much larger, but it might be the shape (very square as opposed to rounded edges) that makes more of a difference.

The TING you hear was mostly the tank...my tank's burst disk blew that morning so I used a cheap rental. The sound signature of the Etha is definitely different though...I refer to it as a "scratchy" sound. We did some decibel meter tests on it and it is comparable to other guns...in between an EGO and GEO in loudness...but on the receiving end, we found that the signature was harder to place the location of the shot...if that makes any sense....

Hey thanks for letting me and my son look at your Etha this weekend at Fulda Gap! Your team was very helpful at answering questions about the marker. Thanks again
NuNu@BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 AM #77
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNu@BR View Post
Hey thanks for letting me and my son look at your Etha this weekend at Fulda Gap! Your team was very helpful at answering questions about the marker. Thanks again
So what did you think of it?
Jack Wood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:23 PM #78
NuNu@BR

NuNu@BR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNu@BR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enough of it to preorder 3 of them. One for wife, son and myself. I'm not really a good person to ask a honest opinion about this subject Jack ...... Im not just a fanboy I have turned my family into a fanfamily! We each own 1 of each of your current markers.
NuNu@BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:41 PM #79
frenchy2475

frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have pre-ordered one on the merit that Planet don't make rubbish guns:-)
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:32 PM #80
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
No problem at all! glad to be of help. You won't be disappointed with it. Truly a great gun, as always from PE. We got a lot of really good feedback this weekend at Fulda. Folks really seemed to take to the gun. I was interested in all the tourney players that were asking about it for a backup to their high end egos and geos. Gun for the masses! Good stuff!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:35 AM #81
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Enough of it to preorder 3 of them. One for wife, son and myself. I'm not really a good person to ask a honest opinion about this subject Jack ...... Im not just a fanboy I have turned my family into a fanfamily! We each own 1 of each of your current markers.
Love it! Thanks for the support

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:53 PM #82
PXK24

I will be picking one of these up. I have been looking for something just like this for a solid backup to my Ego 10. Can't wait!!

Sinister Ops

Paintball Country
PXK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:49 PM #83
pballa90
Cyrus

pballa90 plays in the PSP
pballa90 is playing at Living Legends III
pballa90 plays in the APPA D4 division
pballa90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i will say this gun is tournament ready. i played with it before the release on a scrim day at our local field and it either outshot or kept up with all the egos on the field as far as efficiency and it was smooth as butter. really really good gun for the price IMO. If you are on a budget but want a top notch marker this is definitely the best bang for your buck.

plus u have eclipse as your support, whats not to like

Free Agent in San Antonio
pballa90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:09 AM #84
akaspike

akaspike supports Team VICIOUS
When are they going to be released any word on this yet?????
akaspike is offline   Reply With Quote