Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 11:22 AM #64
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...
 
The Wigglestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Va Beach
The Wigglestick plays in the PSP
The Wigglestick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Wigglestick posts videos on PbNation
The Wigglestick plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
The poppet is moved backwards by air pressure, not by magnetism. This air is supplied by the solenoid.

As the poppet moves backwards, it unseals the stem of the valve chamber, allowing air to flow to the bolt, pushing it forwards to chamber a ball in the barrel. As the bolt moves forwards, it is compressing the return spring.

When the bolt reaches the front of it's travel, the air is released from behind the bolt to fire the ball.

At the same time that the poppet is moving back to release air along the stem, it is also closing the air supply to the valve chamber, so the marker fires from a fixed volume of air - air isn't always being fed to the valve chamber, and isn't free flowing through the valve chamber for as long as the bolt is forwards.

When the valve chamber has emptied, the spring in front of the bolt can push the bolt rearward again.

When the solenoid dwell time has expired, the air that was being used to push back and hold the poppet in the rear position is released. This allows the spring behind the poppet to push it forwards again.

When the poppet moves forwards, the stem of the firing chamber is sealed again, so air cannot reach the bolt. The poppet moving forwards also allows air back in to the firing chamber to re-charge.

^^^
Not sure if you will find that explanation any easier than the version from the manual, but hopefully that helps.
other than air being the trigger for the bolt guide, i was mostly right. the bolt guide is acuated, not fixed. the animation should show the air drain from the firing chamber during the shot and then recharge when the bolt guide returns to closed. and the blue color showing air to the poppit should be green.
__________________
The Wigglestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2011, 11:39 AM #65
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..
 
Uziel Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, UK
Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The animation was made from a small number of frames that are basically pictures from the manual - a few additional frames to cover the intervening steps would make the function clearer, but the pictures required for these frames are not freely available.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:40 AM #66
Jack Wood
 
 
Jack Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Planet Eclipse, England
Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wigglestick View Post
other than air being the trigger for the bolt guide, i was mostly right. the bolt guide is acuated, not fixed. the animation should show the air drain from the firing chamber during the shot and then recharge when the bolt guide returns to closed. and the blue color showing air to the poppit should be green.
I can assure you the animation is correct.

Only the Poppet (Black long stem that runs right through the centre of the gun) and the Bolt (Silver with a black rubber tip and a black internal core) move. The bolt guide does not move (the bolt guide is the large silver part that the bolt slides up and down on).

The blue air is air that is turned on and of by the solenoid. The green air is air that comes direct from the Inline reg.

Jack
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:18 PM #67
Orvis09
I haz brown trout
 
Orvis09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Smyrna
Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 supports our troops
Orvis09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Orvis09 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Orvis09 is Legendary
Orvis09 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Er, no it's not.

Etek2 was 2.2lbs

Etha is 2.05lbs
I was going off your specs...

HERE it says the Etha is 930g.

HERE it says the Etek 2 is 922g. Unless that data is off...
Orvis09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:31 PM #68
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography
 
xluben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvis09 View Post
I was going off your specs...

HERE it says the Etha is 930g.

HERE it says the Etek 2 is 922g. Unless that data is off...
The PbNation thread is not PE specs. They are weights from a scale, and they are all WITHOUT the barrel.
__________________
AAF ftw
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:42 PM #69
Orvis09
I haz brown trout
 
Orvis09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Smyrna
Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 supports our troops
Orvis09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Orvis09 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Orvis09 is Legendary
Orvis09 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
The PbNation thread is not PE specs. They are weights from a scale, and they are all WITHOUT the barrel.
Gotcha. That makes me happy then. I can definitely see myself buying one, if they came out with a Combat scheme they can tally up a sale from me.
Orvis09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:42 PM #70
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...
 
The Wigglestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Va Beach
The Wigglestick plays in the PSP
The Wigglestick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Wigglestick posts videos on PbNation
The Wigglestick plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
I can assure you the animation is correct.

Only the Poppet (Black long stem that runs right through the centre of the gun) and the Bolt (Silver with a black rubber tip and a black internal core) move. The bolt guide does not move (the bolt guide is the large silver part that the bolt slides up and down on).

The blue air is air that is turned on and of by the solenoid. The green air is air that comes direct from the Inline reg.

Jack
thanks jack. i've mistakenly been calling the poppit the bolt guide. from the animation it seemed like the firing chamber had constant air, which made me , then when uziel said that it has a predetermined amount of air in the chamber and that it seals during the shot, i was like . constant air to the firing chamber is so low tech. i doubt that any other gun in this price range has this feature.
__________________
The Wigglestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:44 PM #71
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography
 
xluben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wigglestick View Post
thanks jack. i've mistakenly been calling the poppit the bolt guide. from the animation it seemed like the firing chamber had constant air, which made me , then when uziel said that it has a predetermined amount of air in the chamber and that it seals during the shot, i was like . constant air to the firing chamber is so low tech. i doubt that any other gun in this price range has this feature.
The animation shows the chamber draining during the firing process and then refilling as everything resets. This should be clear that the chamber is sealed during the shot. I agree that sealing off the firing chamber is a key feature in the Etha
__________________
AAF ftw
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:28 PM #72
Lurker27
Engineering the Future
 
Lurker27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wigglestick View Post
constant air to the firing chamber is so low tech.
You just made Jack feel bad about the CSL Ego

One thing I'm curious about (and will be sure to discuss in more depth with you later), is the potential for adjusting the Etha timing by shimming the poppet spring. Along with adjusting the dwell, if you could really get it snapping closed, I feel like the Etha could be pretty efficient. Definitely some other cool things that can be done with the platform. The 2 stage bolt activation is an elegant solution to the bolt speed issue. Lessons learned from the Geo. Nice to see a PROPER soft face in paintball finally, as well.
__________________
World's Best Hard-Parts Upgrades!
EigenBarrels, Mini, AXE, Intimidators, DM, Shocker
Lurker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:17 PM #73
PAPA_SMURF1
.
 
PAPA_SMURF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: You don't care
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
The Etha is aimed at the mass market and consequently a one-barrel suits all bore sizes seemed prudent.

Nicky T
Answers directly from the company....That is why I shoot PE.
PAPA_SMURF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 AM #74
Jack Wood
 
 
Jack Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Planet Eclipse, England
Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
You just made Jack feel bad about the CSL Ego

One thing I'm curious about (and will be sure to discuss in more depth with you later), is the potential for adjusting the Etha timing by shimming the poppet spring. Along with adjusting the dwell, if you could really get it snapping closed, I feel like the Etha could be pretty efficient. Definitely some other cool things that can be done with the platform. The 2 stage bolt activation is an elegant solution to the bolt speed issue. Lessons learned from the Geo. Nice to see a PROPER soft face in paintball finally, as well.
Just on my way to World Cup so can't talk fully. Send me an email.

The proper soft face, like the fully ramped face of the Geo bolt is only possible by extending the stroke of the bolt. It gives you way more room to play around with the geometry of the bolt head/tip. Surprised so many manufacturers stick to the old 1" stroke.

And I'm all about the elegant..
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:12 PM #75
gospeedgo1
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern California
Jack, any updates on when the shaft 4 backs (mainly .681 and .685) will be available for sale separately and not part of a boost kit? i was hoping they would be released this weekend.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:45 AM #76
!_JESS TPS_!
 
 
!_JESS TPS_!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WA
!_JESS TPS_! owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
!_JESS TPS_! supports Empire
Sounds like my old 08 Slg.....
__________________
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=481608
^Feedback
Elma Paintball
TEAM N'CONTROL
!_JESS TPS_! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:43 PM #77
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated
 
smokefools66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KANSAS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
The Etha is aimed at the mass market and consequently a one-barrel suits all bore sizes seemed prudent.

Nicky T
I think that's a good idea since its priced more towards entry level and newer players probably don't know as much about matching paint to bore so it would prevent them from having barrel breaks.
smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:46 AM #78
lentyay
ньюKAMi
 
lentyay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Estonia
lentyay has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lentyay supports DLX Technology
my animation of EHTA:

__________________
DLX Luxe + Dye Rotor + Pure Energy 6800 tank

http://paintball.newkamikaze.com/ - markers animations
lentyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 AM #79
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..
 
Uziel Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, UK
Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
^^^


Nice and clear.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:33 PM #80
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography
 
xluben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Excellent! Thanks. I have added this to the other thread as well.
__________________
AAF ftw
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:49 PM #81
beastmode986
 
 
beastmode986's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
hmm couldent it be more consistent with a different reg a a ego 11 reg because to me it looks like it screw on like the ego 11 reg or does it take a regular threaded reg? also im guessing techt will come out with a new bolt and more springs so that could hel soften the vibration right?
beastmode986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:00 PM #82
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography
 
xluben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
hmm couldent it be more consistent with a different reg a a ego 11 reg because to me it looks like it screw on like the ego 11 reg or does it take a regular threaded reg? also im guessing techt will come out with a new bolt and more springs so that could hel soften the vibration right?
It has the same regulator as the Ego11. It has good consistency. It has little to no kick. Despite what people on the internet might say, these guns don't need to be upgraded. Stop planning ways to piss away your money before you have even fired the gun.
__________________
AAF ftw
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:01 PM #83
Orvis09
I haz brown trout
 
Orvis09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Smyrna
Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 supports our troops
Orvis09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Orvis09 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Orvis09 is Legendary
Orvis09 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
hmm couldent it be more consistent with a different reg a a ego 11 reg because to me it looks like it screw on like the ego 11 reg or does it take a regular threaded reg? also im guessing techt will come out with a new bolt and more springs so that could hel soften the vibration right?
Grammar. Learn it.
Orvis09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:10 PM #84
beastmode986
 
 
beastmode986's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
also hows the trigger
beastmode986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump