Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM #1
martin028
Acta Non Verba

martin028 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
martin028 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
martin028 plays in the APPA D4 division
martin028 supports DLX Technology
Best Smartphone Operating System

Android, iOS, RIM, Windows Moible, SymbianOS, take a pick.

Personally I like Android, and the root and s-off status i have on my thunderbolt, but to each his own.

no fighting please...
martin028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 PM #2
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
>vs thread
>no fighting please

lolface.jpg
Promagistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:15 PM #3
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Oedipus supports DLX Technology
Symbian.
Oedipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:36 PM #4
jcdenton69
****ter King

gentoo
jcdenton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:06 PM #5
Angry_Birds
Money over *****es

These threads don't end well.

Android:
-More customizable
-Less stable and secure

iOS:
-More stable and secure
-Less customizable

I love iOS, but it all comes down to personal preference. Blackberry OS is a joke so IDK why it's on the list.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:08 PM #6
cameron122000
*714*

cameron122000 helped look for balloons
cameron122000 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
WebOS *****es.

ST:Tech - waitwut.
cameron122000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM #7
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I voted for windows

only because it's the most interactive (on a physical level) phone os I have ever had the pleasure to know. With windows I feel like a hero, or someone who just put a rubiks cube back together since I can pop the cover off, pull out the battery, put the battery back in and the cover on in total darkness with my hands behind my back since I have to do it three time a day at least.

By resetting it I know it will continue to work, with the others I would be lost without having it stop working on me.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 AM #8
robinson01

Android....
robinson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:31 AM #9
travisxcore
Shoop da Whoop.

travisxcore helped look for balloons
travisxcore is reppin' sidebar 4 life
WP7. Only Mobile OS I've never had crash on me. Plus a lot of stuff that you need apps for on the others are native features for it. And the Metro UI is sexy.
travisxcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:43 AM #10
DeadEagle
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

DeadEagle helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisxcore View Post
WP7. Only Mobile OS I've never had crash on me. Plus a lot of stuff that you need apps for on the others are native features for it. And the Metro UI is sexy.
Not to be a debbie downer, but it's going to happen eventually. It's happened to my friends WP7 Focus, happens to my Zune HD. Still, it's a marvelous interface and I love it. It's more responsive than Android, but there's nowhere near the development community there is for Android, or iOS. I would love to see WP7 take off like a rocket, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I'm stuck with my Android for now, and I really can't decide if I love it or hate it.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:35 AM #11
Twizy

Twizy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Twizy supports Team VICIOUS
Windows never crash? HUR DUR. Somethings going to go wrong and when it does, its gonna be bad.

Also, its all user preference! What dont you guys get about that? sheesh.
Twizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM #12
drew`
jeajea

Annual Supporting Member
drew` supports Team VICIOUS
drew` supports Pev's Paintball
drew` supports DLX Technology
As I voted, I thought to myself, "I really hope no one has voted RIM." I am glad to see nobody has.

I love my Android platform. Wouldn't trade it for any other platform, mainly because I can pretty much emulate each of them.
ProstarPB.com - Violent Products - 280 Paintball - GEN-X-GLOBAL
[ hk - pbf ]
drew` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:30 AM #13
travisxcore
Shoop da Whoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Not to be a debbie downer, but it's going to happen eventually. It's happened to my friends WP7 Focus, happens to my Zune HD. Still, it's a marvelous interface and I love it. It's more responsive than Android, but there's nowhere near the development community there is for Android, or iOS. I would love to see WP7 take off like a rocket, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I'm stuck with my Android for now, and I really can't decide if I love it or hate it.
They've been having real pblms with the focus's...so they have old (v1.3) and new ones (v1.4). New ones from what I heard are perfect with no issues. I've got the LG Quantum and I haven't had any real issues except for my icons sticking sometimes but then they go right back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizy View Post
Windows never crash? HUR DUR. Somethings going to go wrong and when it does, its gonna be bad.

Also, its all user preference! What dont you guys get about that? sheesh.
If you honestly believe Windows crashes like Wendy the crack whore then I can guarantee its your fault. My gfs mac has crashed 5 times and mine has one time because of a driver incompatibility (this is in the time span of a month btw) and I'm running the W8 DP. Thats pretty sad.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:25 PM #14
chodeyg
sprezzatura

i love my android cause its super customizable and runs similar to a computer. downside is that its buggy software that sometimes lags. hopefully they get more stable with newer OS releases.

does anyone else think its sad that as soon as phones get some processing power, windows gets rid of their original windows mobile interface? seems like they need to get their **** together instead of trying to copy everyone else.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:50 PM #15
Twizy

Twizy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Twizy supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisxcore View Post
They've been having real pblms with the focus's...so they have old (v1.3) and new ones (v1.4). New ones from what I heard are perfect with no issues. I've got the LG Quantum and I haven't had any real issues except for my icons sticking sometimes but then they go right back.

If you honestly believe Windows crashes like Wendy the crack whore then I can guarantee its your fault. My gfs mac has crashed 5 times and mine has one time because of a driver incompatibility (this is in the time span of a month btw) and I'm running the W8 DP. Thats pretty sad.
Shes doing something wrong then. Ive had my mac for 3 years. Not a single problem, not a single crash. My desktop machine ( winblows ) crashes often.
Twizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:02 PM #16
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
the same could easily be said for you with your desktop. the last time i had a BSOD in windows (on either my desktop or netbook) was when i tried to hot-plug a SATA hard drive on my desktop (apparently, you can't do that, especially when there's a partition on there identical to one on the drive you're currently running windows from), and the last one before that was with my nLite chopped up XP install 3 years ago.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:30 PM #17
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

has been a member for 10 years
You know, come to think of it, I really honestly can't remember the last time windows (7) has actually crashed on me when I didn't expect it. Every now and then some sketchy software will cause some problems, or when I was stabilizing my OC, but it really hasn't failed all by itself in a very long time.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:56 PM #18
travisxcore
Shoop da Whoop.

With the amount of workload people do on a Windows machine compared to a Mac you'd think it crash a lot more. Windows supports pbly 100x the amount of drivers along with all of the system modding, gameing and extreme builds people make. If you use a Mac and say that you can bootcamp for an excuse then your still taking microsofts side, because Windows is supporting your drivers. The only driver that a Mac could support in my computer is the Broadcom wireless card (along with the mouse and keyboard of course).

Its really because of the companies though, Apple has taken a closed approach towards their systems. Only Apple makes osx devices. Microsoft patents out their stuff and allows a bigger span of people to create their systems. While Linux supports anyone and everyone. The same can be said for the mobile versions of these oses (ios wp and android). Microsoft is making $444 million off of patented technology that phone makers (HTC, Samsung, ect) are using with Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
i love my android cause its super customizable and runs similar to a computer. downside is that its buggy software that sometimes lags. hopefully they get more stable with newer OS releases.

does anyone else think its sad that as soon as phones get some processing power, windows gets rid of their original windows mobile interface? seems like they need to get their **** together instead of trying to copy everyone else.
They didn't really "get rid of it". They just couldn't come out with an update from 6.5 to 7 because of the drastic changes. You gotta remember when Windows Mobile was released touch screen phones were a rarity so it became archaic with the way technology was moving. WP7 is actually WP7.5 right now with the Mango update. And when the Apollo update is released it will be WP8. They want their mobile OS to coincide with their desktop/tablet OS. And their even bringing in Xbox to be part of this "ecosystem".

Last edited by travisxcore : 09-30-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 PM #19
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
There was a study that showed iPhone users had more sex.
Death_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM #20
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Oedipus supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
There was a study that showed iPhone users had more sex.
Or they are less honest than other users.

As for windows crashing, well, that's part of the Windows experience. W7 is very, very stable in my experience. XP is a twat and I hate it. It's annoying because you can bet money on explorer crashing after the initial program gives up.
Oedipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:24 PM #21
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
op is a troll ^_^
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote