Old 11-29-2011, 11:02 PM #43
spgunner
I shoot bad guys

spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner supports Team VICIOUS
spgunner is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
spgunner is Legendary
so does sellin drugs out of the hk bus help or hinder paintball?

spgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2011, 11:24 PM #44
aj4455
•O.G.•

aj4455 is a Paintball photographer
aj4455 is playing at Living Legends VII
aj4455 is an NCPA player
aj4455 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Steve, I totally understand you and the teams need to turn your fan base into a customer base in order to keep things going, but do you have any idea what happens at your booths outside paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNabi_HK View Post
If we didn't make HK a brand we would have dissolved like the previous legends before us. We chose to swim. So we continued to create cool stuff that our friends and peers liked to wear. We still stand for those basic principles, but now we have evolved into a smarter beast. One of our main objectives is to spread the word of paintball, hence, making sweet videos that actually makes paintball look cool to the players and outside spectators. We also started bridging into the music world to spread the word. Not to mention how we host the most epic paintball clinics where we LOSE money, just to show kids that there is fun in this sport and it's not about being a lame *** pro team with politics, it's about rocking with friends and for love of the game. And if you think we've lost our mojo, then I gladly invite you to the next HK streetball day, free of charge, so you can see how much we've "sold out."
This past summer I went to Warped Tour, went up to the booth and checked it out. First thing I noticed was that there was nothing paintball about it. Then I tried sparking up a little paintball conversation with one of the guys working the booth. He had no idea what he was talking about. Then he proceeds to tell me if I get something he will "hook it up", his attitude sounds like he might give me an extra shirt but I wasn't expecting that much. So at this point I'm thinking alright I'm a paintball player, he knows, maybe he will hook it up.

$20 later I had a tank top and shoe strings. The attitude he had after I bought the shirt was "thanks for the money, don't really need to talk to you at all anymore, you can leave now". At least that's what I got after he handed me the shirt and didn't saying anything after like a drug deal, no thanks for the support or anything.

I don't know about you guys but if I see or notice someone plays paintball I make an effort to talk about it with them. I understand he had sales to make but he did not fit what you guys are saying you are trying to do. Hire players to sell and promote your gear.

And I know that is a single person in your whole company but that person was on Warped Tour all over the U.S. representing it.

Last edited by aj4455 : 11-29-2011 at 11:26 PM.
aj4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 AM #45
SteveNabi_HK
YTINU HK

Annual Supporting Member
SteveNabi_HK works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4455 View Post
Steve, I totally understand you and the teams need to turn your fan base into a customer base in order to keep things going, but do you have any idea what happens at your booths outside paintball?

This past summer I went to Warped Tour, went up to the booth and checked it out. First thing I noticed was that there was nothing paintball about it. Then I tried sparking up a little paintball conversation with one of the guys working the booth. He had no idea what he was talking about. Then he proceeds to tell me if I get something he will "hook it up", his attitude sounds like he might give me an extra shirt but I wasn't expecting that much. So at this point I'm thinking alright I'm a paintball player, he knows, maybe he will hook it up.

$20 later I had a tank top and shoe strings. The attitude he had after I bought the shirt was "thanks for the money, don't really need to talk to you at all anymore, you can leave now". At least that's what I got after he handed me the shirt and didn't saying anything after like a drug deal, no thanks for the support or anything.

I don't know about you guys but if I see or notice someone plays paintball I make an effort to talk about it with them. I understand he had sales to make but he did not fit what you guys are saying you are trying to do. Hire players to sell and promote your gear.

And I know that is a single person in your whole company but that person was on Warped Tour all over the U.S. representing it.
You are absolutely correct. It's important to have the correct representation anywhere we go. Sorry about the poor experience. We actually did have 2 paintball players that were our designated employees for Warped Tour (Kyle Corbin and Justin Willingham.) One of them only lasted 1 week because he got kicked off the tour for partying too hard backstage. The other got a real job opportunity that he couldn't turn down, so he left halfway through the tour. We had no options, so our friends in Winds Of Plague (a metal band we sponsor) offered to let us use their extra merch personelle. By your description of the guy who spoke with you, I know it was their employee. It's no excuse by any means... just saying we do have the right intentions, but sometimes things just happen we can't foresee. Anyway, on a side note, we did have HK Headbands, sweatbands and beanies at the booth, but we sold out so fast, and it took us forever to re-up. Next tour I guarantee you'll be stoked at the booth.

H

Instagram/Twitter: @HKArmy @SteveHKArmy

SteveNabi_HK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:19 AM #46
Paintballsicko1
RuthlessPB

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintballsicko1 posts videos on PbNation
Paintballsicko1 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by spgunner View Post
so does sellin drugs out of the hk bus help or hinder paintball?
I remember that. I really feel that HK has done a lot to promote the sport but has also done a lot to take away from the sport.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:19 AM #47
spgunner
I shoot bad guys

spgunner supports Team VICIOUS
spgunner is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
spgunner is Legendary
its ok ebone it was purely medicinal

spgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:22 AM #48
aj4455
•O.G.•

aj4455 is an NCPA player
That is what I like to see! Thank you for stepping up Steve.

I think it would be cool if you guys had like a small TV or laptop playing your PB videos because I feel like that would attract a lot people and make them say, "Holy ****! That's what real paintball is!?"

I look forward to see what you guys have coming next year.
Although I did like the World Cup booth was 10x nicer than Warped Tour's haha.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:30 AM #49
SteveNabi_HK
YTINU HK

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4455 View Post
That is what I like to see! Thank you for stepping up Steve.

I think it would be cool if you guys had like a small TV or laptop playing your PB videos because I feel like that would attract a lot people and make them say, "Holy ****! That's what real paintball is!?"

I look forward to see what you guys have coming next year.
Although I did like the World Cup booth was 10x nicer than Warped Tour's haha.
hahah yeah world cup was a ton of fun.

Thanks for the idea. I'll see what we can do. There is a lost of shiesty kids with sticky fingers on warped though, we would def need to bolt that small tv down.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:03 AM #50
aj4455
•O.G.•

aj4455 is an NCPA player
Put it in the shredder case haha.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:29 AM #51
Luso
Anomaly

Luso plays in the PSP
When I was at warped, I got hooked up with A LOT of free swag and drinks haha and the dude at the booth was a player.. so MY personal experience was great. My girlfriend loved it as well. Hit or miss I suppose..

"I'm not saying HK was behind the Angel Eyes project to drum up hype for the KLR - but I AM saying there's no way for me to prove they weren't..."
- Chris Peltier
Luso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:39 AM #52
newagepirate
Digital Frontier

newagepirate plays in the PSP
newagepirate plays in the APPA D4 division
Well as dorky as it sounds MY parents didnt let me go to the warped tour stop here in Tx but I did get to chill with Mark and a couple of the guys at the streetball stop they made here after galveston and all I can say is that they may be crazy but DAMN are those dudes a blast to be around and really make you want to play ball

If I could work for them I would, and maybe some day Ill be cool enough but until then keep it up H cause you guys arnt doing a thing wrong and Im jealous

Grillz and Dyecam I4s
newagepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 PM #53
SteveNabi_HK
YTINU HK

Annual Supporting Member
Hhhhhhh!

Old 11-30-2011, 01:56 PM #54
hannibal4799