Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2012, 05:39 PM #1
Viper588

Epiphany Help

Hey guys im helping one of my friends with his epiphany. The issue is that the gun will cycle fine up to about 220psi but only gives a velocity of around 230FPS. The manual says that is can operate up to 280psi but as soon as you get above 220psi the gun stops working properly. It will only fire every 3-4 trigger pulls and sometimes just a small puff of air. We are using the green insert which from what i read would be the best one to use for the lowest OP but Im very unfamiliar with the ion/epiphany line and am not sure where to go from here. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Viper588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2012, 12:44 AM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Check the Dwell and ROF delay settings. It appears that the ROF delay is too low to allow the firing chamber to fill with air before you fire again. Personally, (before i dropped in a virtue board) I use the green insert with the Dwell at 25 clicks (from 0 counting up) and a ROF delay of 42 clicks. I easily hit 300fps at an operating pressure of only 200psi. This may vary slightly for you, but should be very similar. Also, make sure you have no leaks and lube the bolt, o-rings, breech and firing chamber.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote