Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM #1
WagonDubber

Why is my prepaid Mastercard getting declined at ANS ?

I live in Canada, obviously ans is in the states.

I purchased a 200$ vanilla prepaid Mastercard so i can make a purchase online (even calculated for the currency exchange which the card does for a fee)

I activated it on Vanilla's website.

It says i have funds available

When i registered my card it only asks for my postal code

I am buying with my prepaid mastercard then shipping to my relatives across the border so i dont pay for shipping.

Why is it getting declined ? is it because i dont have a verifiable address on the card ?

I called ans and they said its the card companies fault, but i told them their customer service line is only automated and i cant talk to anyone!

She also said i needed to set it up for online purchases (which i already did)

So im SOL and dont know what to do? should i call CS at ANS ?
WagonDubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:25 PM #2
F4thAcE

F4thAcE owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
F4thAcE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
that's the problem with the prepaid cards. they don't register your address. try getting a PayPal account and adding the card to it and purchase from PayPal. if that doesn't work, just spend the money in real life on something and find another way. but the Visa prepaid cards register your address so you can buy online with them. maybe try that out if they work for Canada.
F4thAcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:50 PM #3
WagonDubber

Thanks man ! you are my HERO .... created a paypal account and they are NOT picky on PP mastercards so it WORKED !!! i am so happy ..... sucks that i couldnt get the card in USD's so i wouldnt waste 10$ just on fees lol
WagonDubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:08 PM #4
F4thAcE

F4thAcE owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
F4thAcE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yw, and i know what you mean. but next time try buying a visa gift card they generally work better.

but one thing that gets annoying is paypal sometimes charges the card and sends a receipt with a code on it to your bank then you redeem it. but most of the time the code won't show up for prepaid so you loose $2.
F4thAcE is offline   Reply With Quote