Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-17-2011, 02:46 PM #1
Caitiff
Mr. President

Caitiff owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Caitiff owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Exclamation Oh that ANS Gear... Ego11 Firing Slow

A friend of mine just bought a Ego11 Cotton Candy from ANS Gear a little over a week ago with a matching Crossfire tank. He had one of the three markers ordered that day from us. The other two markers had come in fairly quick with their tanks, while the Cotton Candy had been delayed based on the lack of anodized parts. Not an issue, this happens everywhere at one time or another.

The following week the parts had arrived to ANS Gear from Planet Eclipse, apparently the anodizing for the "Exclusive" colors is actually done by Planet Eclipse and either shipped full or in parts to ANS Gear. Out of the box the gun looked amazing... matching tank and new hopper made this a sight to behold. Unfortunately the looks were not exactly on par with the markers performance.

The marker uncapped, which we were later told by the Planet Eclipse tech, would barely reach 10 BPS. The marker would almost feel sluggish at best, "chugging" is the best term we could use to describe how it felt while firing. On top of the marker shooting sluggish and only reaching about 10 BPS we then noticed the breach wear on the marker. We compared the wear to an EgoX / Ego10, that has about 50,000 shots through it, to get an accurate assessment of the wear. The EgoX showed very minimal wear, the gloss had basically turned to a matte color but no definitive marks, where as the Ego11 had gouges through the anodizing exposing the breach's colorless body.

ANS had been contacted and told us that it is Planet Eclipses issue, not theirs. They have no responsibility for the markers and it all falls on the manufacturer, regardless that it is an "Exclusive" at their company. Even after requesting compensation for the overnight shipping costs, ANS Gear wanted nothing to do with us... even after dropping nearly $4500.00 less than a week before the incident. Terrible customer support and I would like to know who is in charge of "Quality Control" at this point? This issue would have been noticed by any competent person. The shot counter read 50 when the marker had been turned on for the first time, unlike the other 2 markers ordered that had more than 500 shots each on their counters.

After that...

The gun had been sent to Rhode Island to the tech for inspection. He warned that if the gun had to be re-anodized the process would take between 2-8 weeks, depending on the batch of coloring and the shipping back overseas. The gun was, again, sent overnight delivery to the tech without compensation; this had been done since the tech was leaving town and would not be able to inspect for the next few days by the schedule of standard shipping.

Once the marker arrived he stated that the gun had been firing slow due to excessive anodizing obstructing the exhaust ports and other areas in the gun, along with replacing the solenoid; just to be safe. He used a drill and removed the anodizing from the port holes and the gun had been tested at 15 BPS, since they apparently only have hoppers at Planet Eclipse that can feed up to 15 BPS, and it worked good enough to ship back. He received the marker two days ago and we put a few hoppers through it and the gun is flailing. It now shoots amazing, all because of the anodizing obstructing the pathways of air and/or solenoid issue.

In the event you order one of these markers and this happens there is a good chance it may be one of these issues. Also, beware that if this does happen you're going to have to jump through hoops to get these guys to help you out when it comes to deciding who is going to deal with the situation. He had to call each of the companies multiple times before they could even decide on who was at fault for this, while the end customer had to wait with a non-performing $1500.00 setup until they decided what to do.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2011, 03:17 PM #2
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
I have a quick story.

I purchased a pair of dress shoes last weekend from 6pm.com. When it arrived, I found a spot where the stitching was coming apart. When I contacted customer service at 6pm.com, they didn't tell me that it was not their fault and that I had to take it up with the manufacturer. They simply apologized and sent me a UPS return label and said that they hope that the experience will not keep me from shopping with them again. Now why can't we get customer service like that from ANS?
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:24 PM #3
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES
That one guy

Because it's not ANS's fault. ANS does not nor do they have the capacity to fix your guns. You agree to their terms and conditions when you buy something. You should have called eclipse, not ANS.

As for ANS's customer service, I had to cancel and order and talked calmly and respectfully and they were very helpful even going above and beyond to satisfy me and I was canceling an order.
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:36 PM #4
georgeyew

I didn't say it was their fault. But there is something to be said about helping your customers instead of saying "now that I've got your money, I don't have to deal with you anymore". The dude just spent $4500 at the store. And they can't be a little more helpful to him? When you go to a local store, they would never leave you high and dry like that.

What's the point in buying from ANS? It's not any cheaper than if you order from Eclipse. What benefits do you get from buying from them if they are not going to help you with resolving your issues?

The stitching issue on the dress shoes was not 6pm's fault either, but they were willing to take the shoes back and deal with the manufacturer on my behalf instead of making me do it.

Last edited by georgeyew : 06-17-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:58 PM #5
Caitiff
Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR A DEAD MAN APPLES View Post
Because it's not ANS's fault. ANS does not nor do they have the capacity to fix your guns. You agree to their terms and conditions when you buy something. You should have called eclipse, not ANS.

As for ANS's customer service, I had to cancel and order and talked calmly and respectfully and they were very helpful even going above and beyond to satisfy me and I was canceling an order.
How so? They were waiting for the parts so they could reassemble the marker to ship out. If this marker had been directly from the Planet Eclipse factory then they would have no responsibility here, but since they assembled the marker it is on them to make sure the gun works flawlessly. Granted the issue may have came from the factory itself, there was no quality control in place that should have caught this issue before it even left their site.

At this point they should have taken the gun back and sent a new in its place while they, ANS Gear, and Planet Eclipse diagnosed the issue on their own end... not at the expense of the customer. ANS Gear, along with every other distributor, make their fair share on sales of larger items. So compensation would not have been out of the question for the profit made on a $4500.00 sale, even if ANS themselves were to receive compensation from Planet Eclipse in return.

As far as questioning our level of professionalism while dealing with the company, you're completely off-base. They knew the situation, our requests, and yet ignored us at every opportunity while forwarding and shifting blame to the manufacturer. When your brand new car has major issues, the dealership does not tell you to take it to the manufacturing plant in Mexico, China, Japan, etc. They replace the car and deal with the manufacturers themselves regarding the issue, this is how customer support should be operating... Not they way you're depicting. If this is the service you expect then maybe this is why companies can get away with stepping on their customers.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:07 PM #6
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitiff View Post
How so? They were waiting for the parts so they could reassemble the marker to ship out. If this marker had been directly from the Planet Eclipse factory then they would have no responsibility here, but since they assembled the marker it is on them to make sure the gun works flawlessly. Granted the issue may have came from the factory itself, there was no quality control in place that should have caught this issue before it even left their site.

At this point they should have taken the gun back and sent a new in its place while they, ANS Gear, and Planet Eclipse diagnosed the issue on their own end... not at the expense of the customer. ANS Gear, along with every other distributor, make their fair share on sales of larger items. So compensation would not have been out of the question for the profit made on a $4500.00 sale, even if ANS themselves were to receive compensation from Planet Eclipse in return.

As far as questioning our level of professionalism while dealing with the company, you're completely off-base. They knew the situation, our requests, and yet ignored us at every opportunity while forwarding and shifting blame to the manufacturer. When your brand new car has major issues, the dealership does not tell you to take it to the manufacturing plant in Mexico, China, Japan, etc. They replace the car and deal with the manufacturers themselves regarding the issue, this is how customer support should be operating... Not they way you're depicting. If this is the service you expect then maybe this is why companies can get away with stepping on their customers.
You signed the agreement before you bought it, it's simple as that. The "quality control" how were they going to detect that? Who would have expected that? I've never heard of the anno being too thick, but did you expect them to fire it?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 PM #7
georgeyew

Hey Apples,

Do you shop at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot? Have you ever returned a defective item to any of them right after you made the purchase? Any of those stores would refund your money immediately or send the item back to the manufacturer for you.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:42 PM #8
Caitiff
Mr. President

Regardless of what that consumer feels is right, the accepted method would have been to do what had been stated before. I just hope this post serves as an informative tool to anyone that has this issue, since after the first 500 rounds we searched Nation for any similar incidents and found nothing. At least it is known to the community of the steps required to correct the issue.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:35 PM #9
ishootyourface96

ishootyourface96 plays in the PSP
ishootyourface96 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ishootyourface96 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ishootyourface96 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
support your local stores.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:41 AM #10
Excaka
ridikyələs

has been a member for 10 years
Excaka has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Excaka has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i ordered a barrel and pod pack from ans on wensday and it came this morning. not too bad.
Excaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:55 AM #11
loldongs
I know the paintball

loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
loldongs posts videos on PbNation
They send me a broken Rev-i and said it was DP's fault
loldongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:01 AM #12
seansexyundies
I hate my username

seansexyundies owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I've been hearing so many negative things towards ans, It makes me nervous for the transaction I'm doing with them for a white ruby ego11.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:50 AM #13
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Why is it people think that the retail outlet is responsible for fulfilling the manufacturers warranty? I work in retail and almost daily I have people coming in and getting pissed off at me because I tell them they have to contact the manufacturer in regards to getting a replacement or the item fixed. Even when it is clearly stated in the owners manual and on the warranty card. If you have a problem with a PE marker why would you contact ANSgear? It would make sense to a normal person to contact the company that actually makes the product.

Common sense should kick in at some point I would hope. Sorry for my Rant but people are so damn stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loldongs View Post
They send me a broken Rev-i and said it was DP's fault
It is DP's fault...Did ANSgear take the marker out of the package and break it? Or use their magical powers to tamper with a sealed unopened piece of product that came straight from the manufacturer?....No. It is DP's fault for distributing a malfunctioning product. Contact DP and use their warranty and get it fixed.

Last edited by steve_81 : 06-18-2011 at 09:59 AM.
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:17 PM #14
loldongs
I know the paintball

loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
loldongs posts videos on PbNation
Considiring the barrel kit was missing etc. I would asume the shipper to check the product before shipping
loldongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 PM #15
Death and Taxes
Deal with it...

Death and Taxes owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Death and Taxes is for the Gunfight
Death and Taxes supports Pev's Paintball

Last edited by Death and Taxes : 06-18-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Death and Taxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:06 PM #16
Caitiff
Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
Why is it people think that the retail outlet is responsible for fulfilling the manufacturers warranty? I work in retail and almost daily I have people coming in and getting pissed off at me because I tell them they have to contact the manufacturer in regards to getting a replacement or the item fixed. Even when it is clearly stated in the owners manual and on the warranty card. If you have a problem with a PE marker why would you contact ANSgear? It would make sense to a normal person to contact the company that actually makes the product.

Common sense should kick in at some point I would hope. Sorry for my Rant but people are so damn stupid.

It is DP's fault...Did ANSgear take the marker out of the package and break it? Or use their magical powers to tamper with a sealed unopened piece of product that came straight from the manufacturer?....No. It is DP's fault for distributing a malfunctioning product. Contact DP and use their warranty and get it fixed.
I could understand that something that is simply "middled" by a company would not typically be inspected before shipping. As in the case that I stated before, the marker had been assembled at the ANS facility. It is common business practice to accept returns on a product you sell, so why is it so hard for people in paintball to understand? When you buy a car from Roush Racing and it is not performing to spec, you do not return the vehicle to Ford.... YOU TAKE IT BACK TO ROUSH. How is this any different than companies like Warped Sportz or even ANS Gear now with their "Exclusive" lines? Why are they exempt from quality control responsibility?

Just because some of you have bought a sticker or a barrel bag from ANS and shipped in a timely manner that does not mean that this scenario can't happen to anyone else. I'm not going to argue that it will definitely happen to you, but this is what happened to us so take it for what it's worth.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:28 AM #17
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
Caitiff-I feel your pain. No matter what anyone else says, they should have at least paid for your repairs. If a customer is going to spend 4500 at your store in one go, you should at least have received better business. By spending that much, you've showed them that you are a legitimate and serious and buyer and what do they do? they cheap out on customer service and lose a great customer.

Sorry that happened. You could contact ANS, explain the problem very clearly (maybe even read them your first post) and then ask them to re-compensate you for whatever the tech charged you to fix the gun.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:55 PM #18
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeyew View Post
Hey Apples,

Do you shop at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot? Have you ever returned a defective item to any of them right after you made the purchase? Any of those stores would refund your money immediately or send the item back to the manufacturer for you.
True, but you don't sign an agreement saying you'll take up all item defects and repairs with the manufacturer.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 PM #19
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Maybe you should read company policies before you buy a product.

Quote:
Warranty Disclaimer

This site and the materials and products on this site are provided as is. Many of the products on the site come with a manufacturer warranty. Warranties are not handled through ANSGEAR.COM. If you are concerned with the warranty of a particular item, contact the manufacturer prior to purchasing the product. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, ANSGEAR.COM disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. ANSGEAR.COM does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. ANSGEAR.COM does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.

Limitation of Liability

ANSGEAR.COM expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, of any kind with respect to the sites or their use, including but not limited to merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. WWW.ANSGEAR.COM shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of or the inability to use, the materials on this site or the performance of the products, even if WWW.ANSGEAR.COM has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You agree that this limitation of liability is comprehensive and applies to all damages of any kind, including without limitation direct, indirect, compensatory, special, incidental, punitive and consequential damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:07 PM #20
Willis84

Willis84 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
They can't sell faulty products though. There TOS is void in this case. They sold a product that is damaged. I would tell them to take it the **** back and give me my money back. It would be dif if your friend broke the gun himself. IMO ASN's problem they are the ones who sold it to you not PE.
Willis84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:11 PM #21
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
ANS Gear is a HORRIBLE excuse for a paintball business.

They sell gear to anyone and everyone and don't care that they shipped in ****ed condition.

It is the sellers responsibility to make sure that a company sends their item in AS DESCRIBED CONDITION, NEW and not in any other state. ANS Gear basically sells you the item and doesn't care if you get it and it is scratched to hell and beat to death.

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD SUPPORT LOCAL PAINTBALL. BUY FROM LOCAL BRICK AND MORTAR STORES. ANSGEAR.COM IS THE WORST ONLINE STORE TO DEAL WITH.
GetBunkerD is offline   Reply With Quote