Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 PM #22
DiabloMCB

My local feild is doing a valetines couples day this coming weekend. The ladys play for free. I've got like 6 of my friends and their girlfriends coming out, it should be interesting.

MCB feedback
DiabloMCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 AM #23
SupaSteve20

SupaSteve20 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SupaSteve20 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SupaSteve20 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My Wife is really supportive. She buys me the stuff i need to play as presents on holidays (Z3 loader for VDay), she dont care if i go out on the weekends and ball, never b*itches at me for comin back a few hours later and missing a dinner date.

But she will never play. She got shot once, one time, years ago... wigged out and left me at the field. I had to get a cab to drive me home. haha she was pissed.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 AM #24
DocDriza

DocDriza is playing at Living Legends VI
DocDriza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaSteve20 View Post
My Wife is really supportive. She buys me the stuff i need to play as presents on holidays (Z3 loader for VDay), she dont care if i go out on the weekends and ball, never b*itches at me for comin back a few hours later and missing a dinner date.

But she will never play. She got shot once, one time, years ago... wigged out and left me at the field. I had to get a cab to drive me home. haha she was pissed.
That is a cool woman. I am marrying a woman that is cool with me paintballing. she would also buy me paintball gear. she has never played and will never play. but that is OK.

ples exuse ny typos
DocDriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:34 AM #25
Punisher 281
281 and counting

Punisher 281 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Punisher 281 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My current GF crippled herself rounding a corner on her first paintball experience. Doubt she's gonna want to go back lol
Punisher 281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:23 PM #26
DocDriza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher 281 View Post
My current GF crippled herself rounding a corner on her first paintball experience. Doubt she's gonna want to go back lol
What happened?

ples exuse ny typos
Old 02-15-2012, 12:40 PM #27
Punisher 281
281 and counting

Punisher 281 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Punisher 281 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDriza View Post
What happened?
We were playing in the city field and she slipped running around a corner, spraining her ankle really badly. That happened 6 weeks ago and it's still bothering her.
Punisher 281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:48 PM #28
DocDriza

That sucks.

ples exuse ny typos
Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM #29
ck028

Mine usually comes to games. She used to help out with the team but now she just hangs out and watches. We discuss the games a little here and there sometimes too. She bought me a gear bag for my bday last year but I have a feeling that will be the only pb gift for a while.

I've tried to get her to come play, she keeps coming up with reasons why she won't or can't. I've suggested that she can wear an old hoodie of mine or a chest protector at the local field. She just *****es about how much it will hurt and that she doesn't want the welts. I try to insist that the welts I get are worse than hers will be considering my playing ability.

Oh well, I'll try some tips listed here and give it a go, soon I hope. Thanks for the OP and good luck to all.
ck028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 PM #30
Dehemotox
Boneyard Paintball Staff

Dehemotox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dehemotox posts videos on PbNation
Dehemotox has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
most friends of mine whose girlfriends/wives play will do it about 2 or 3 times a year, and they really enjoy it. they just cant handle it as frequently as we obviously do. like mentioned, they get to use the primary guns, and some actually have their own.
Dehemotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:48 AM #31
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Chicks that play PB are always hotter than ones that don't!

Since I love PB so much and my EX hated it so much, my next will have to get introduced and be active. It would be great if she already played and loves it. It's my fun time and it sucks when your woman constantly tries to ruin it for you by not letting you play or makes plans for you and then tells you about it when you are trying to walk out the door!

Anyway, this was great. Thanks for posting it!!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998

Last edited by rkenders : 02-16-2012 at 01:51 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:03 AM #32
i_bunker_u
Train Wreck

i_bunker_u plays in the PSP
i_bunker_u owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_bunker_u plays in the APPA D4 division
my girlfriend took one to the forehead and teared up but she kept playing, i told her not many places hurt that bad
i_bunker_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:44 AM #33
outlaw353

All great advice

I have a friend who will be getting out of the service soon and she seems to be up for hitting the local field when she's out.

She's a bit of firecracker at times so I was thinking how to go about the whole thing and what not.
She's just a good friend of mine, though, to me it seems like that's all but honestly I'm kinda confused as well.

I've always been there for support and to listen but the last few times we talked it seem like she hid some feelings.

Its a long drive out to the field so maybe I'll use it as ammo for a little talk with her,
just as long as it doesn't lead to a long silent drive back.
outlaw353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 AM #34
GivenRandy

Annual Supporting Member
If it took that much work, I'd consider that it's too high maintenance. On the other hand, I don't expect my wife will ever play. I'm fine with that. Now, if we can just get a better observation area so the spectators can watch without getting hit or sprayed....
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:43 AM #35
MeŠiCX
Boneyard Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
MeŠiCX owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
MeŠiCX owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
My wife plays and she's not too bad at it! Her very first time playing... took her 900 miles South to a scenario in TX. She loved it. She doesn't play as much as me but is very supportive. That's why I married her!
MeŠiCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 AM #36
CaballoDiablo

CaballoDiablo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The whole post was extremely well written. My gf wants to go so im gonna have to take her. But as you guys said you love spending time with her but its your time!
When she comes MAKE sure she is using your mask and is comfortable
BOB LONG INSIGHT BCA #1/5
CaballoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:03 PM #37
FUNANDGUN

Don't do it guys!

I brought my girlfriend out one time and it led to our breakup.

We were playing a "storming the castle" type of map and our team was stuck in a rut. We were all pinned down outside and couldn't figure out where their vantage points were. (it was a new map for us) We didn't want to risk losing any of our ace players so I made an executive decision as team leader to send her out so that we could spot them. I told her to run across under the guise that she had to run ammo over. Of course she gets three steps out and get absolutely lit up, at least 7 body shots. We spot their guys and take out most of them.

She's still on the ground writhing in pain when I yell at her, "Pain is temporary, pride is forever!"

We go on to win the game, but she's still super steamed. I explain to her what teamwork means, but she just doesn't get it. I had to break up with her.
FUNANDGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:07 PM #38
Lt Dan

@FUNANDGUN,

you did the right thing. i went ahead and married my girl. it should have been obvious that first trip out when she kept wanting to "hookup" with that group over there. i just thought she meant she wanted to join that team, come to find out, the term "hookup" meant something totally different.

good luck, brother.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 PM #39
Gen.ShermanWilliams

Y'all r lucky. My girl hates pball and is always nagging bout playin so much. I might pop her *** if she keeps it up, lol.
Gen.ShermanWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:16 PM #40
BoneafideDawg
Balls Out

BoneafideDawg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BoneafideDawg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BoneafideDawg is attending Decay of Nations VI
That sounds hella fun. I will need to look around my area and see if they do that type of thing.

I lost my last girlfriend to paintball and I still believe it was because I didn't introduce her to the sport. I'm definitely going to bring this one into the sport and let her experience it in all it's glory.
BoneafideDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:23 PM #41
Colonel Angus

Funandgun. You sound like a real peice of work. I bet the relationship was so out of whack because of your own issues that even introducing the joy of paintball into it could not help. It is shameful to use a loved one for tactical advantage in the combat arena, even though it did work.
Colonel Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 PM #42
Gen.ShermanWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
Funandgun. You sound like a real peice of work. I bet the relationship was so out of whack because of your own issues that even introducing the joy of paintball into it could not help. It is shameful to use a loved one for tactical advantage in the combat arena, even though it did work.
Well said, but it's a catch22. It's like paintball should be played by men who exemplify chivalry - taking the bullet for the girl and letting her win king of the hill, but at the same time no one wants to be on a loosing squad- especially when your girl is with you to witness what a weak masterblaster you are. Best to leave them at home I guess.
Gen.ShermanWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote