Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 PM #1
Woodsball666

Outlaw ball

Ok I am thinking about setting up some outlaw ball for me and a few friends. All the paintball places in Milwaukee are either super expensive (80$ a case, 20$ admission, 5$ air) or just plain old lame and no one shows up. So it's like playing outlaw ball anyways. There is this park not far from my house 15mins, and no one ever goes there, 20 acres of field's tree's and one old building. Only problem I see is enough air for maybe 6 people? I know you can use a scuba tank for compressed air. But what about a 10lb c02 canister and a fill station. I'd make my friends pitch in 5$ every time we play to cover the c02 prices. And ofcourse Byop, mask barrel sock, etc. There will be a safe zone and a hot zone with a pink tape marking them. All this sound about right and safe?
Woodsball666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 PM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
First thing you need to do is figure out what the local zoning and law enforcement have to say about something like that. Parks are generally not suitable for playing paintball, nor are what may seem like public or abandoned lands. The Milwaukee area doesn't have any lack of places to play, and $80 for field paint in WI isn't that bad. A lot of people in Wisconsin travel 2 hours to a decent field, pay that for paint, and are happy as can be there are any fields around to play.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 PM #3
Woodsball666

But being a 17 year old kid.. Who yes has a job.. But pays for insurance and other expenses.. 80$ for just a case is a lot..
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 PM #4
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsball666 View Post
But being a 17 year old kid.. Who yes has a job.. But pays for insurance and other expenses.. 80$ for just a case is a lot..
Buy half a case (or split a case over two weekends), and presto, you've cut your paint costs in half.

Don't play on land you (or your parents) don't own. Even if you believe you have permission, I wouldn't play unless the land owner was also present and playing. I've had the cops called on me when some friends and I were playing on some land that one of the guys swore we "totally had permission" to play on. There's also the instance that was on the news not too long ago where a paintballer got shot because the land owner though he was a coyote and had forgotten he had given permission for his neighbor to play paintball there.

And especially with Milwaukee I wouldn't do anything with in a city limits. They tend to have ordinances making it illegal to fire an airgun (which paintball guns fall under) in town.

Now if you, your folks, a cool uncle, or a really close friend who also plays happens to have some acreage out in the country, then go right ahead. Play safe, pick up a chrono, remember plugs and goggles, and have fun.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:41 AM #5
Woodsball666

This land is out in the country. But you guy's seem to oppose, so I won't do it. But my friend has land.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:20 AM #6
Liquid Mercury

I do same as Pump Scout and drive 2 hours from Central and if you have enough people and depending on car you take it can only be like $5-10 a person in gas and you can go to a cheaper field. You could also try to setup a day and invite a bunch of people to go to a cheaper field. Or what has already been said you could buy a case and split it between friends and just not shoot as much.
Liquid Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:14 PM #7
Woodsball666

Where do you guy's usually play? I go to breakaway when I can. Paint is 80$ a case, but staff and field is nice. Action territory in Kenosha is super cheap, 25$ with all day air, BYOP. But actionpacked I found not so fun.. 1hr long safety speech, lot of 8yr olds and mean dads..
Old 08-28-2012, 02:49 PM #8
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
When I can get out and play, I'm usually either going to be at Apocalypse or (if there's a Players Club day or somewhere I can slot in) at Stalker. There's a couple options up by Green Bay, in Commando and Nelson, as well as Siege in Mukwonego. Probably a bunch I'm missing as well. Check out the field finder at the top of the site for the various options.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 AM #9
iquadra
BucK NastY

Yea deff check with locals as well as law enforcement before you set anything up. Me and my buddies set up a sick hyper-ball field on some abandoned land behind his house a few years ago and his neighbors (rich pricks) weren't too fond of it even though it was completely enclosed and safe. They called the cops and said we were taking garbage bags out their to grow weed (apparently to get the police to respond quick)... Cops showed up just as we got done cutting the grass ready to arrest us, and walked us back out to the field (expecting to find a marijuana farm) and saw the field, luckily the younger cop was cool and impressed with the time we had put into making the field and let us off with a warning. He said if we could get permission from the bank that owns the land we are free to ball out there. Wish we would have taken the extra 5 min to contact law enforcement, neighbor (although he prob would have been a 5 year old about it), and the bank to save ourselves the hassle as well as what should have been a trespassing ticket.

Proudly Sponsored By: Exalt
iquadra is offline   Reply With Quote