For the 2011-2012 season, we will be SLIGHTLY adjusting team eligibility rules for Class AA *ONLY* with the creation of PUPs - Pick-Up Players.
The intent of this program is to provide a way for players at schools that can not field a full 5 players the opportunity to play college paintball. It is definitely not intended to allow teams to recruit specific players from other schools for their team.
There is NO CHANGE in player eligibility rules.
The program allows two things:
Fill-in Player for Teams with 4 players
1) If your team finds yourself short ONE player, you can email us at email@example.com
and request that, if available, the NCPA provide you with a pick-up player.
- You *MUST* have 4 players from your school to sign up as a team and request a pick-up player.
- The NCPA assigns you the player from the pick-up list; you do not get to pick who it is.
- If you request a pick-up player, we may assign your team up to four pick-up players for 8 players total.
- All pick-up players must be given equal play time. That means pick-up players play the same number of games as non-pickup players.
- All players are responsible for an equal share of paint costs on a team basis.
- If we are able to assign you a player, we will refund the portion of your entry fee for the number of pick-up players you receive. For example, if we assign you two players, we would refund 1/3 of your entry fee.
- Your entry fee will be refunded in full if we are unable to provide your team with a pick-up player.
2) If you are a full-time student and would like to play an NCPA event, you can sign up as a pick-up player. Sign-ups are done through APPA; you simply select the pick-up division instead of a team name when registering.
- You must be a current full-time student. Eligibility waivers DO NOT APPLY to pick-up players. You must present student identification AND government identification at event check-in.
- You must pay 1/5th of the team entry fee to be placed on a team.
- There is a $5 late fee for payments
- Your share of the entry fee MUST be paid before the event registration deadline for you to be considered for a pick-up team.
- NCPA will pick what team you play for.
- You are responsible for an even share of the paint costs for whichever team you play on, and are expected to pay for your paint prior to play.
- If more than 5 players end up on a team, we will refund a portion of your entry fee, for example, if your team ends up with 6 players, one sixth of your entry fee would be refunded.
- Your entry fee will be refunded in full if we are unable to place you on a team. Players will be placed on a first-paid, first-placed priority.
Pick-Up teams will be made the day prior to the event so you know if you need to travel or not.
Teams will earn points based on the number of players from the same school on a team:
4 players: 80% of regular points
3 players: 60% of regular points
2 players: 40% of regular points
1 player: 20% of regular points
For event attendance minimums, pick-up teams WILL count towards the 4-school, 6-team minimum. So if you have 2 regular school teams from two different schools, and 4 pick-up teams, that event will get full points.
National Championships Exception
: Teams may NOT use pick-up players at the National Championships.
I think that covers it. LMK if there are any questions.