PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM #295
iizmatts
Me Gusta

iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
Five Guys for lunch today

holy **** that place is fatty central, i was the smallest person in there (man or woman)
iizmatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2012, 03:37 PM #296
tanner202

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
3-4 cans of soda a day? Holy ****. Also can someone explain to me this high protein, moderate fat, low carb thing? I go high carb, high protein, low fat from stuff I read on BB.com am I doing something wrong? I have been seeing steady gains and not really a whole lot of added fat so idk?
sounds like youre bulking so youre doing good, thats what youre supposed to be doing

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
tanner202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 PM #297
CDR_Bubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by effse7en View Post
I'm pretty sure that cutting out the sodas helped me drop weight too.

Related: how did you get into the habit of working out? I do it occasionally, but I usually have to keep reminding myself, and I'm trying to turn it into a habit and something that just comes naturally into my day, not something I have to actually try to remember to do?
for me, i just made it a habit to go after work since the gym is right down the street on my way home. that and i have buddy to go with so its like if i dont go i gotta deal with him *****ing. yet he's skipped more days than me. i skipped sunday to go play paintball. skipping today to recover.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 PM #298
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
Im recomping, not bulking.
Gotcha. Forgot I was in the weight cutting thread. :X

And seven I look forward to going to the gym everyday. It's one of my favorite times of day. I go straight from work to the gym and it becomes a habit. If I had to go home then the gym it would be much harder. Also my goals keep me motivated.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
cynicalrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:40 PM #299
Patience.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that cutting out the sodas helped me drop weight too.

Related: how did you get into the habit of working out? I do it occasionally, but I usually have to keep reminding myself, and I'm trying to turn it into a habit and something that just comes naturally into my day, not something I have to actually try to remember to do?
Schedule it just like you would anything else. Soon enough, if you don't workout when you're supposed to, you'll actually start missing it. I didn't believe it at first, but it's true.

As far as cutting out pop... I wish I had been drinking that much. Would have made losing the weight tons easier by just cutting that out of my diet.
― Pema Chödrön

fashoooow: i could seriosly jack off to your voice, can you moan for me?
Squirrelly Wrath: Well I'll be damned. Patience was right.
Pirate Mafia: No hospital visit no gain, bring a defib with you on each run
Patience. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:48 PM #300
tanner202

you also would have weighed more in the first place...

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 PM #301
effse7en
SPELL CHECK

effse7en has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
8:25 mile followed by a 8:17 pace half mile. **** yeah
Old 03-08-2012, 05:43 PM #302
CDR_Bubbles

i remember when i use to be able to run a 7:12 mile. now its like 9:25.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 PM #303
effse7en
SPELL CHECK

effse7en has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This is the fastest I've ever ran. Way back in middle school, I usually walked my miles, and the one time I half assedly ran a bit of it, I did like 10:30/mi. so this is awesome to me. And of course I go on reddit/r/running, and get really depressed...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 PM #304
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
I haven't timed myself running a mile in a long time, last official one was middle school where I ran 6:59, then high school I ran 6:30. I've never been good at it, now I would say I'm closer to 8-9min mile because I've been so out of shape. Slowly getting back into shape so I don't get so tired just from running in 1 game of paintball.
Xal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM #305
CDR_Bubbles

Quote:
This is the fastest I've ever ran. Way back in middle school, I usually walked my miles, and the one time I half assedly ran a bit of it, I did like 10:30/mi. so this is awesome to me. And of course I go on reddit/r/running, and get really depressed...
Yeah I wasn't trying to take away from what you did. That's a respectable time. Better than I can do. Just pointing out how far I've back slid
Old 03-08-2012, 06:55 PM #306
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
Not sure if you guys time yourselves running a mile by yourselves or what, but in my experience running with someone who is faster than me usually helped me push myself to keep up with them as long as possible which made me do not so bad. I never ran the mile for track obviously, I just ran the sprints so when we did have to run the mile I would always try to stay close behind the kids that ran the fastest until I could no longer keep up.
Xal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 PM #307
CDR_Bubbles

That's how it was for me in gym class. Even in the 40yd dash I cut a full second off running against a kid on the track team
Old 03-08-2012, 07:20 PM #308
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
When did this subforum go full retard?

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:23 PM #309
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

The running thread is over there...

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:35 PM #310
theDJ
puzzling

anyone here do a really successful recomp? plan on bulking for another month or so, but don't really want to go into a cut after that. i kinda just wanna let go of some of my fat/stomach bloat that i've accumulated over this bulk (not worried about getting super lean right now) and keep gaining. i understand it's extremely difficult to balance gaining muscle and losing bodyfat so was curious if anyone here had a successful experience.
theDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 PM #311
CobraXX
Klasic

yeah just keep your protein high
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
CobraXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 PM #312
Smart Parts Player12

I typed something like this up a few days ago but decided not to post it but I think I should say it now.

I think a lot of you are spinning your wheels with these bulking/cutting phases. Say you "bulk" for 3 months without gear, you can put on 4-5 pounds of LBM and that is being extremely generous. So all in all after muscle, fat, and glycogen stores you put on like 8-10 pounds in 3 months. Then you go on a 3 month cut where you shed most of that fat and glycogen and likely will lose at least 2 pounds of that hard earned muscle. Now you find yourself 6 months later with 3 more pounds of muscle than when you started off with. Now these numbers are arbitrary but they will likely be in that range (thought if you have amazing genetics none of this is valid, but I don't think anyone in this subforum really does.)

I think everyone would be a thousand times better off doing a slow bulk where you put on a respectable amount of weight in a longer time frame, and keep so much more of it. Maybe it's just me speaking because of my proclivity to not put on much noticeable fat, but it's been something I've been thinking about for a while now. Give my advice a try or don't, just putting something out there.

It's also important to note that if you are putting on 20+ pounds in a relatively short amount of time, a hell of a lot of that is fat. Bodyfat percentages blend so much that you can put on like 5 pounds of fat and not even notice it that much if it is well distributed, leaving you to think you put on more muscle than you actually did.
Smart Parts Player12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM #313
CobraXX
Klasic

"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
CobraXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM #314
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Who here does these short cut/bulk cycles?

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 PM #315
tanner202

I put on fat quickly, **** sucks man