PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 AM #1870
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Really? Never had a problem with mine and had them for a season now. Now my Oakley aframes on the other hand, I've had brand new lenses (several) fog up right out of factory plastic, while my really old 30$ spy's handle the same weather just fine. It's weird.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 AM #1871
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

I've been riding both of mine over 2 seasons, seems like they almost always fog up at one point or another during the day.

Saw someone posting about girlfriends riding, this would be me and my woman last week:

Old 03-01-2013, 03:02 AM #1872
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Riding Creek sunday, anyone else?
Grandmothers 80th doing camel Saturday

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 AM #1873
East告de
inconceivable

has been a member for 10 years
East告de is BST Trusted
East告de owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
East告de has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Idk I love my EG2's.. If I was going to get another pair of goggles ( I have 4 so idk why I would ) it would be EG2's.. Nothing beats the peripheral vision and comfort. Mine OCCASIONALLY fog towards the top of the lense if its really really cold and I have a mask over my mouth and nose. Even then, it isn't in my eye line.

For people who find that their goggles fog alot, do you rest them on your forehead? If so, try not doing that. We release so much heat through our heads that it isn't uncommon to fog up a lense
been there, done that
Free Agent
Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 AM #1874
Superzeus
Living is the functionary

Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
imo fogging just depends on how snugly it fits your face. If there's any kind of gap even good goggles will fog. In general big goggles are gonna be more susceptible to having gaps, I haven't had any problems with my EG 2.5's

OG FEEDBACK
Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 AM #1875
TeamSR
Bow To The King

TeamSR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TeamSR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TeamSR is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
^They fog up alot. I own two pairs.
I've had 4 pairs of EG2's and only have they "fogged" once where i was bent over buckling my bindings and my breath was hitting them

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
Idk I love my EG2's.. If I was going to get another pair of goggles ( I have 4 so idk why I would ) it would be EG2's.. Nothing beats the peripheral vision and comfort. Mine OCCASIONALLY fog towards the top of the lense if its really really cold and I have a mask over my mouth and nose. Even then, it isn't in my eye line.

For people who find that their goggles fog alot, do you rest them on your forehead? If so, try not doing that. We release so much heat through our heads that it isn't uncommon to fog up a lense
This ^

I have way to many goggles for my own good at this point (which is why i am selling them) But my EG2's and CLK's have been the best goggles i've ever used.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:21 AM #1876
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
I hate wearing goggles. I only do it if I absolutely have to and then almost always put them up if I'm going to hit something.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:27 AM #1877
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

I find that when wearing my helmet, out of the four different types of goggles I own, (EG2s, VZ Feenoms, Anon Realms, and Oakley Crowbars) that the EG2s fog the most. I prefer the EG2s purely for their field of vision and comfort though.

But hey, everyone telling me what my goggles do/don't do is obviously right...

Last edited by Nerve06 : 03-01-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:41 AM #1878
East告de
inconceivable

East告de is BST Trusted
Quote:
I hate wearing goggles. I only do it if I absolutely have to and then almost always put them up if I'm going to hit something.
Haha my girl is the same way..she would rather just wear sunglasses or nothing at all..i used to make fun of her because at the end of some runs i couldnt tell if she was crying or just had tears from the wind hahaha.
on the other hand, i absolutely cannot stand riding without goggles.
I can also barely stand walking around with sunglasses on..which is probably why i have 25+ pairs haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSR View Post

I have way to many goggles for my own good at this point (which is why i am selling them) But my EG2's and CLK's have been the best goggles i've ever used.
yea..sadly my gf spent 250$ on me for xmas 2 years ago and got me customized Oakley goggs..i LOVE them, but they dont hold a candle to the EG2's in terms of field of vision, plus the pinch my sinuses a bit on my nose..the EG2's dont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
I find that when wearing my helmet, out of the four different types of goggles I own, (EG2s, VZ Feenoms, Anon Realms, and Oakley Crowbars) that the EG2s fog the most. I prefer the EG2s purely for their field of vision and comfort though.

But hey, everyone telling me what my goggles do/don't know is obviously right...
I wear a helmet with my EG2's also and I have noticed fogging towards the top of the lense but i honestly just think its all of the heat in that area, especially with a helmet on. It can get super super warm up there and fog easily like a car windshield. It also has the tallest lense of any of those so it is probably trapping more heat than any other.
been there, done that
Free Agent
Old 03-01-2013, 01:08 PM #1879
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
You need to travel then to some of the more badass places where you won't be doing **** without googles

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:10 PM #1880
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSR View Post
I've had 4 pairs of EG2's and only have they "fogged" once where i was bent over buckling my bindings and my breath was hitting them
^This.

I wear a face mask most of the time, and I find that if I breathe through my mouth, any type of goggle will get "foggy". I breathe through my nose most of the time as my mask is tucked just above my lip so that my warm exhaled air can escape. If I do need more air while I'm riding a more demanding line, I breathe deeper and more profoundly outwards as to clear getting heat near the goggle.

My gf used my goggles when I took her this past weekend, and she said that it fixed her "fogging" problem. I think of fogging as getting moisture in-between the lenses and you are just **** out of luck to do anything about it.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM #1881
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
You need to travel then to some of the more badass places where you won't be doing **** without googles
I would if I could afford to but boarding isn't my main hobby so I don't dedicate nearly enough cash to it. My motorcycle projects are always going to get most of my fun spending.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

Old 03-03-2013, 03:20 PM #1882
Uncle Blazer
Loose butthole

Old 03-06-2013, 07:14 PM #1883
East告de
inconceivable

East告de is BST Trusted

Couple screenshots from last Saturday
been there, done that
Free Agent
Old 03-08-2013, 06:22 AM #1884
trance34
Sammiches

trance34 plays in the PSP
trance34 plays in the APPA D5 division
Woot, ditching work today and going riding. First and only time this year.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 AM #1885
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Probably doing some filming at camelcrack this weekend. Doing one last day at creek next weekend. Got **** for filming this year which sucks.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM #1886
TeamSR
Bow To The King

TeamSR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TeamSR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TeamSR is reppin' sidebar 4 life
prolly got 2 more days out left in me, i can't help but to REALLY want spring to be here though.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:59 AM #1887
East告de
inconceivable

East告de is BST Trusted
oh stop, spring can suck it! NEVER SUMMER baby!

todays my birthday, its ****ing snowing, and im sitting at work. FML and **** GROWING UP
been there, done that
Free Agent
Old 03-08-2013, 10:00 AM #1888
East告de
inconceivable

East告de is BST Trusted
btw im thinking about taking those T1's off your hands finally.. i just gotta get rid of some of my extra gear.. I have a black Bern Watts EPS helmet size M i gotta sell, extra pants, jackets, gloves, goggles, etc.. i just really need a low light goggle
been there, done that
Free Agent
Old 03-08-2013, 11:50 AM #1889
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Yeah work blows. Happy birthday bro.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 PM #1890
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Happy birthday.