PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-15-2013, 02:00 PM #1
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Tank tactics

At a recent game it became very evident that not all of us "Tankers" play the same way on the field. My style of tactics is more calculated and mission/ overall big picture oriented while some others prefer the charge in kill a few grunts and die in the process method.i also go after taking out enemy tanks more than enemy infantry.not that i dont like shooting grunts i do and do.

Here is one situation that comes to mind. now i'm not trying to force anyone to play in any certain way. It just angers me when i have brainless Noobs coming up to me and yelling at me to do foolish things. My mission is always the mission not to mindlessly shoot up a few enemy grunts.

in this incident my tank was along with the infantry holding a line about 50 yards from the enemy forces. we could not possibly overrun them. they had numerous a/t weapons and where well concealed behind a bunch of berms and the treeline.plus their insertion was right behind them. the objective was about 50 yards behind our line so it was well secured.I choose to stay in line w the infantry and HOLD THE LINE. In the process we got 2 tank kills and numerous infanrty. while doing this a few members of a certain team who also have a tank came up to me and told me to mindlessly attack.Basically so their tank was allowed back on the field upon my death and they could do the same thing. If this was an open field where i could smash through thier lines thats one thing. but in this case there was ZERO way to do that. Our insertion was also hundreds of yards away. about a 10 to 15 min production to reinsert

what would you guys do. this question is really aimed at tankers. if you dont have any tank time you cant relate as well

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After this basic incident is over maybee we can have a good conversation on what tank tactics we like to use on the field. one of my favs is to camo up and wait behind something so im not seen. when the enemy infantry or tanks advance i storm out and catch them offguard and in the open

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 07-16-2013 at 09:37 PM.
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2013, 03:12 PM #2
ShepsTank

ShepsTank has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShepsTank has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShepsTank has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I was French AT helping the Germans a bit and saw you do a great job holding the allies and their tanks back on the beach. With so much action on the beach it wasn't always easy to get in for an AT kill. And with the amount of AT that was on the field, Skirmish shouldn't limit a tank from coming on just because another was able to stay out for a long time.
ShepsTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 PM #3
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Alright, I've held my tongue trying to be nice! I'm done with that.
You are obviously talking about my tank. We have totally different strategies for playing this "Game". We play balls to the wall paintball. We charge and infiltrate behind the lines which inevitably make the enemy frontline players have to pay attention to us, allowing our team to move up and attack. MANY times we attacked in our style and ended up pushing the enemy all the way back into the woodline. At one point we chased them all the way back to their command post. We were posted at their CP for awhile and took out HUGE amounts of the enemy. By doing this, we cut off the part of the field that they needed to move props through. At this point, there were enemy players who were falling back from a forward battle right into our guns.
As far as being taken out by AT, Sure we took our hits but its a GAME , not an accurate reenactment! We know that we can just drive back to reincarnate and come right back in. We enjoy playing the game and making things happen more than sitting on top of my tank like Rommel and having NO impact on the game! Why don't you ask the players which tank they would rather have on the field? I'm sure you wont like the answer.
I'm done!

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Team Predator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:44 PM #4
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Joe i respect you guys have your style of play. for the half of a decade when i was in charge of German Armor i never said a peep to you on how you play.i even had full control over what tanks went German at one point and choose you guys out of your commitment to the German side.Crapgame all of a sudden takes over and doesnt know #$%^ about tanking and busts my balls.Also your team came up to me and busted my balls for holding the line aso ordered.The Points where behind us on gold at 1230 and i was holding the line while defending that. I have ZERO problem with you personally. Crapgame comes out yelling at me to "Get my Tank of the field so we can get some firepower in here" what is he joking i have one of the best cannons in paintball and 3 guns in my tank. i shot pleanty of guys in this mission and held the $%^&*() line as ORDERED. i saw no need to charge to my death to shoot a few miserable grunts.I was trying to win the game. a tank on the field holding the line and killing the enemys armor is helping the cause. there was NO USE in me moving up to the Berms. we couldnt possibly push the allies any farther back than they where.

yeah i just sit there like Rommel lol. I hate to tell you i'm a big game hunter.I dont just drive up to little boys and shoot them from 5 ft away.If one tank can almost ALWAYS take out one or two of the enemy tanks and stay on the field its doing more than charging to your death over and over. i destroy enemy tanks as good as anyone and better than most. why dont you guys go to battle of the bulge and we can slug it out. there wont be alot of 15 ft hyperpipes for you to hide behind..And you know crapgame rigged that target competition so you guys could win with the heldheld launchers.It wasnt fair at all and took no skill other than quick reloading.There where people driving 10 feet from the target and shooting it for Christs sake. your tank wouldnt survive more than 1 minute against mine on any field that you cant hide behind things. I doubt everyone would just pick your rig over mine give me a break.only the foolish would pick yours at a game that has tanks on the other side and god forbid any sort of tank battle for points.If you like ill bet my tank vs yours in a tank battle.no hiding no 6 launchers pr tank. one on one in the open where there is no place to hide ice cream man lol. the winner gets to take the others home for target pratice.

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 07-16-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 PM #5
Team Predator
predator

Really Observant aren't we? We DONT have a hand held launcher in our tank! It is mounted in the turret. And if youre so into tactics-wouldn't you use available cover for a tank battle? And by the way, We shot HUNDREDS of those 15 year old boys.And don't you remember when we came on the field while you were posing and took out the allied tank that was sitting right in front of you?
I am done with this peeing contest

MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Old 07-16-2013, 09:17 PM #6
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsTank View Post
I was French AT helping the Germans a bit and saw you do a great job holding the allies and their tanks back on the beach. With so much action on the beach it wasn't always easy to get in for an AT kill. And with the amount of AT that was on the field, Skirmish shouldn't limit a tank from coming on just because another was able to stay out for a long time.
Thanks man!

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 PM #7
Team Predator
predator

Oh! And no, I don't need another lawnmower! Mine runs great and doesn't get stuck on anthills.

MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 PM #8
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Predator View Post
Really Observant aren't we? We DONT have a hand held launcher in our tank! It is mounted in the turret. And if youre so into tactics-wouldn't you use available cover for a tank battle? And by the way, We shot HUNDREDS of those 15 year old boys.And don't you remember when we came on the field while you were posing and took out the allied tank that was sitting right in front of you?
I am done with this peeing contest
posing lol ok.Keep your men under control and we will all be good and can just focus on wrecking the allies. you werent there when Crapgame came out yelling at me for nothing. i dont need to charge up to a tank to kill it. i sit back and pick it off cause i can. If i ever thpought a tank was by itself i'd obviously go get it. If i know there's a ton of a/t around it 'ill wait to have a clear shot at it. pretty simple.

I have to go mow my lawn w my tank now

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 07-16-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 PM #9
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Oh! And no, I don't need another lawnmower! Mine runs great and doesn't get stuck on anthills.
blaa blaaa its its first time out. im welding the rear axle so its posi. it does get stuck too easy as is. the thing only has a lawnmower engine and axle, the entire chassis i fabricated myself. the new chassis will be Fully tracked and the best offroad machine on the field by far.

you know this thing is sexy dont be shy

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 07-16-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:51 PM #10
hardboy

Quote:
Alright, I've held my tongue trying to be nice! I'm done with that.
You are obviously talking about my tank. We have totally different strategies for playing this "Game". We play balls to the wall paintball. We charge and infiltrate behind the lines which inevitably make the enemy frontline players have to pay attention to us, allowing our team to move up and attack. MANY times we attacked in our style and ended up pushing the enemy all the way back into the woodline. At one point we chased them all the way back to their command post. We were posted at their CP for awhile and took out HUGE amounts of the enemy. By doing this, we cut off the part of the field that they needed to move props through. At this point, there were enemy players who were falling back from a forward battle right into our guns.
As far as being taken out by AT, Sure we took our hits but its a GAME , not an accurate reenactment! We know that we can just drive back to reincarnate and come right back in. We enjoy playing the game and making things happen more than sitting on top of my tank like Rommel and having NO impact on the game! Why don't you ask the players which tank they would rather have on the field? I'm sure you wont like the answer.
I'm done!
I rather have Rommel. Cromag also sometimes sits back and accesses the situation before charging.
The Black Korps
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 PM #11
z_meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
Joe i respect you guys have your style of play. for the half of a decade when i was in charge of German Armor i never said a peep to you on how you play.i even had full control over what tanks went German at one point and choose you guys out of your commitment to the German side.Crapgame all of a sudden takes over and doesnt know #$%^ about tanking and busts my balls.Also your team came up to me and busted my balls for holding the line aso ordered.The Points where behind us on gold at 1230 and i was holding the line while defending that. I have ZERO problem with you personally. Crapgame comes out yelling at me to "Get my Tank of the field so we can get some firepower in here" what is he joking i have one of the best cannons in paintball and 3 guns in my tank. i shot pleanty of guys in this mission and held the $%^&*() line as ORDERED. i saw no need to charge to my death to shoot a few miserable grunts.I was trying to win the game. a tank on the field holding the line and killing the enemys armor is helping the cause. there was NO USE in me moving up to the Berms. we couldnt possibly push the allies any farther back than they where.

yeah i just sit there like Rommel lol. I hate to tell you i'm a big game hunter.I dont just drive up to little boys and shoot them from 5 ft away.If one tank can almost ALWAYS take out one or two of the enemy tanks and stay on the field its doing more than charging to your death over and over. i destroy enemy tanks as good as anyone and better than most. why dont you guys go to battle of the bulge and we can slug it out. there wont be alot of 15 ft hyperpipes for you to hide behind..And you know crapgame rigged that target competition so you guys could win with the heldheld launchers.It wasnt fair at all and took no skill other than quick reloading.There where people driving 10 feet from the target and shooting it for Christs sake. your tank wouldnt survive more than 1 minute against mine on any field that you cant hide behind things. I doubt everyone would just pick your rig over mine give me a break.only the foolish would pick yours at a game that has tanks on the other side and god forbid any sort of tank battle for points.If you like ill bet my tank vs yours in a tank battle.no hiding no 6 launchers pr tank. one on one in the open where there is no place to hide ice cream man lol. the winner gets to take the others home for target pratice.
Actually I believe I slapped you up last time we went at it. And what was ur excuse. Wahhh u guys were bigger than me wahh u guys can move easier cause ur not always broken down. Facts dont lie sunshine. Your little broken down straight shooter lost. In a battle there are obstacles. Rarely will there ever be any open ground. The fact is simple you werent doing anything out there. Everyone coming off the field said the same thing. WTF kind of tank needs to take a test run because he cant manage the whole field. Just one part. We drove their whole army to their base and had everything as open as possible to continue to get points all day. Wow. U might have helped get us 1 point. Big deal. Fun fact for you. The game wasnt rigged for us to win. We both use turrets its not our fault you mower can't follow up and aim fast. All u have is if some clown drives directly in front of you. Besides. I really liked your little dribbles that spewed out of your cannon after the contest was over. Very impressive. Almost as impressive as ur little peanut getting stuck in the grass and needed a pull out. And how can you say it wasnt possible to push them farther back than the burms when we did it multiple times

Last edited by z_meister : 07-16-2013 at 11:10 PM.
z_meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:03 PM #12
z_meister

Now I will say I have no personal issues with you and yes your cannon, when it works, is really good. But don't go insulting us and our play style when ours works very effective. And a few tippmans crawling up the field at .25 mph isnt firepower. It's someone like us or rtm that pushed back the forces. They outnumber us every year but we as a group out tank them. We had 45 lawmen out there killing tanks. We needed to hit the troops which is why they needed our tank out there. You are good with AT but as far as pushing infantry we are better. I believe thats what he meant by get firepower in there.
z_meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 AM #13
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_meister View Post
Actually I believe I slapped you up last time we went at it. And what was ur excuse. Wahhh u guys were bigger than me wahh u guys can move easier cause ur not always broken down. Facts dont lie sunshine. Your little broken down straight shooter lost. In a battle there are obstacles. Rarely will there ever be any open ground. The fact is simple you werent doing anything out there. Everyone coming off the field said the same thing. WTF kind of tank needs to take a test run because he cant manage the whole field. Just one part. We drove their whole army to their base and had everything as open as possible to continue to get points all day. Wow. U might have helped get us 1 point. Big deal. Fun fact for you. The game wasnt rigged for us to win. We both use turrets its not our fault you mower can't follow up and aim fast. All u have is if some clown drives directly in front of you. Besides. I really liked your little dribbles that spewed out of your cannon after the contest was over. Very impressive. Almost as impressive as ur little peanut getting stuck in the grass and needed a pull out. And how can you say it wasnt possible to push them farther back than the burms when we did it multiple times
First off who are you? i was doing pleanty out there as stated by another player above and numerous videos i'm certain. I killed the only two tanks that came at us and shot numerous infantry while defending the objective and holding the line. "WTf kind of Tank needs to take a test run"? any one that has a commander who has a brain. We wanted to do a dry run and plan our route Patton.We were training for our mission instead of cuddling with our boyfriends in the campsite.We took our entire unit not just the tank. as for you "slapping me" in our last time against eachother. hahahaha you got lucky i was too busy clowning around and forgot to put a nerf in my cannon. i didnt take you seriously.As you recall in the first round of our match you strolled up and i nailed you first shot. second time i forgot to load the stupid nerf nd the 3rd round you hid behind some giant bunker i didnt think your box was tall enough to shoot over a 10 ft hyperpipe.ill assume you poped out the top and shot over it with a handheld. plus i didnt even hear the nerf hit. our "ref" is far from neutral as he is on your team. you supposedly hit my tire.The only any time you want to go again lets do it. i told you you can have my tank if i loose. as stated my current chassis config is temporary while i work on the real deal. The German side needs a tank that can actually fight tanks . we had 400 people out there with paintball guns your 3 or 4 would hardly make a difference.If you stayed alive that would be one thing. but your 2 minute attacks follwed up by a 10+ minute insertion dont add up anyways you and your team started this not me . my only wish is that the allied tanks played as recklessly as you.they fought pretty smart tankwise and we had some good shootouts. none of wich i lost. Its also funny how you seem to know my whole schedule if you are that big of a fan ill give you lessons sometime. any noobs walking off the field complaining that i wasnt wrecklessly going on suicide missions over and over instead of winning the game can go play call of duty or something. they dont have the discipline or brainpower to understand. They are the same players who instead of taking a flag or defending an objective go off and fight a useless battle for nothing just to pull the trigger

in my final statement ill add when i left the field your tank went out and from what i understand the allies made a push and retook alot of the field

Ohh yeah "Dribbles" I had to adjust my regulator to the proper pressure big deal i wasnt in a game so so what. The only "dribble" i can recall is the only time my old Hetzer 6x6 came up against your tank was at strategey plus. our tank wasnt even in the game it was neutral because we where trading prisoners with the Russians. we use dthe tank to drive the commie to the swap site. along the way i fired a few shots at the russians for fun and they promptly lit up their own player who was riding on the back. as we where trading we saw you drive up the hill torward us. we didnt shoot cause we were neutral. you fired at us and the round landed like 20 feet in front of our tank destroyer. i laughed and told manny our tank driver at the time to waste you. and he did one shot.

My tank doesnt have to be fast. theres a 5 mph speed limit and i dont get shot out so much that i drive back and forth all day. when my new chassis is complete we can have an offroad competition and tug of war. I hat literally hundreds of players come up to me and tell me my tank was basically cool as $%^&. So i have a few kinks to work out big deal. it was alot more complicated than mounting a box on a mule

Again its you guys who started this i could care less how you play.i like and respect alot of the guys on your team. but if you want to talk smack i can too. also there is nothing wrong with tippmanns. take battle for Britain game. the first one, you know the Game i came up with. It was raining like hell. we were out there with our tippmans. As i recall it was too wet and cold for you guys and you bailed on Pete and the German Army . My guys and i where left trying to take tipp city with a few really tough young kids

My main objective is always to focus on the enemy tanks. I build tanks to do that. i could very easily build a box on top of something. My view is this. The enemy tanks not only shoot up your infantry but they motivate them. if you waste the enemy tanks it hurts the moral of the enemy infantry usually. and if i do it while staying alive thats a huge plus. If your *** was on the line instead of points i doubt you would have the same doctrine. i care about the points. in the end its supposed to be about fun. for me helping win makes it more fun.

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 07-17-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 AM #14
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardboy View Post
I rather have Rommel. Cromag also sometimes sits back and accesses the situation before charging.
The allied tanks played pretty smart. they were never easy to kill.

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-17-2013, 08:55 AM #15
ShepsTank

ShepsTank has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShepsTank has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShepsTank has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Several times on Sat the entire German line in the woods fell back as soon as an Allied tank came barreling through the woods (even Germans far out of reach of the Allied tank guns). With a strong infantry push behind them, the Allies were able to take and hold ground which made it hard for AT to get into place. It wasn't a matter of whether the AT was going to take out the tank, it was a matter of how far and how fast the tank could push before AT took them out. This was effective at smashing the lines as they had the infantry with them. On Sunday the German line in the woods held much better and the Allied infantry was more disorganized so the Allied tanks couldn't penetrate as far with the German infantry providing cover for the AT to get into place.

One disadvantage the Allied tanks might of had was we could see when they were coming and where they were going. We could stand back on a dirt mound and watch for them coming through the staging area. Then we could just wait to see if they were going to turn up the beach or continue into the woods. I'm not sure if the Allies could see German tanks when they inserted and stayed in the woods or until they came onto the beach.

Not sure if it is possible but Skirmish should change the tank insertion on the side the Allies had so tanks can get into the woods and not just have to use that one road along the end of the beach. Also they should clear a couple paths through the wood line along the beach so tanks can get to/from the woods and beach from spots other than the far ends. This might allow for some cool flanking maneuvers.
ShepsTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:00 AM #16
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

True sheps. a few more paths into the woods would be nice.

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-20-2013, 11:13 PM #17
graumett

As an allied A/T gunner, I shot out both of your tanks lol. However, I only hit the Black angel's tank with one rocket on the beach. I killed the predator tank twice. Once on sat on the beach in front of the allied tank insert point at the treeline, and again in the woods between our CP and the Hood. TO EACH THEIR OWN gentlemen. You folks paid to build your tanks, fight them as you wish! Your both on the same side, work it out like adults. Friends don't let friends be drama mamma's lol. As for Crapgame.....LOL...are you surprised a player with that size of a stick up his *** would behave in any other fashion???? LMAO! Thank you both for bringing your tanks out and playing! See you on the battlefield next time!
ZOMBIES INVADE BERLIN 2012 RUSSIAN MVP (ROACH)
OXCC BATTLE OF THE BULDGE 2012 GERMAN MVT
BATTLE OF STALINGRAD 2013 RUSSIAN TEAM
VIETNAM BIG-GAME 2013 HOGBACK MOUNTAIN US TEAM
graumett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:52 AM #18
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Man...I need to get back east and play some Scenario ball...too many damn speedballers out here in Cali. Not a lot of games out here where we get to use armor. Wish we had the problems you guys have. LOL

Personally Rommel is a horrible person to talk about sitting and not moving his tanks. Man was ALL about movement.

Personally the biggest issue with paintball tanks are the speed limits they have to abide by and having to advance across long distances in the open. As someone mentioned, players can see the tanks advancing and prepare AT positions along the anticipated line of march well in advance.

Personally, I'd like to see rules made where PUG tanks can have a wider lattitude of mobility and not have to stick to roads. Make the larger tanks harder to kill, the lighter (PUG) tanks easier to kill and limited in their armament (one gun, one marker max or go with either a gun OR a marker) and then you can realistically move armor as it should move into an enemy line.

Personally in a perfect world, I'd advance with one tank of each type and try to bring them into position without them being seen by the opposing team. Big guy stays on the road, small guy moves across managable terrain. Both are supported by AT teams and First Strike equipped sniper teams that can focus on taking out possible enemy AT teams before they get into possition or when they find them in fortified bunker positions. If engineers are in the game and can repair tanks, they should be sticking close to the armor to keep them moving forward.

Once through the main line the armor has to keep moving and taking advantage of the breakthrough (this is why I wish they could go even a bit faster). Hell, throw in an APC so you have infantry available to support the armor if they hit resistance.

Hope this gets this back on track about talking tank tactics.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 AM #19
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I'm building my first motorized and months behind schedule. Hope to debut this fall. Been running in a walking tank before. Yes, lets hear it for the PUGs. I can play speedball with my cannon against armor on the road. I can lean in and out from behind a tree and fire at a tank and they have very little frontal area to shoot at in response with their cannon.

Walking tank tactics may be different. I'll let you know after I play in my motorized a year or so.

One of the advantages of a walking tank is they don't have to stay on the tank roads. So the AT guys actually have to get some exercise chasing a walking tank down or just sit and wait until I show up at an objective.

It makes it much easier to go with the infantry to an objective on a mission. It is so hard to train the grunts how to work with a tank and run with it as a unit. So it is easier for the walking tank to run with the mission squad. Still, when we reach to objective, the grunts want to tank to go point and they follow up. They should still run with the tank. I clear a bunker, they should move up and occupy it. They should be looking for the AT guys as well as grunts. Hard to get them to do that. They prefer to put down suppressive fire.

Usually, the opposing side is kind enough to let me know if they have AT in their group. If they do, they hold their ground. If they don't, they scatter away with the tank 'magic leaf blower' effect. Getting our grunts to realized that and work at eliminating the AT guys and the objective is usually ours. Their grunts have to run, hide, surrender, or die.

Then there is what I call 'the dance'. The opposing side changes tactics to counter my tank, forcing my tank to change tactics in response to that. And so on and so on throughout the weekend.

For example, the opposing team will realize the walking tank supports every mission, so if they see my tank, they know to follow it to ruin our mission. Guys start screaming for a "Rocket Man" and communicating where the tank is on the field. When my tank draws a bunch of grunts and AT to a mission objective, I need to stop running with missions. Tactically, I can take a small squad and go anywhere else on the field and create as much chaos as possible. Draw defenders away from the mission objective. When they figure it out, I stop seeing AT and infantry to engage us. Ignored. So we go take/blow up enemy HQ to get their attention again OR return to supporting missions. The dance.

If the game is structured where both teams have the same mission (take and hold the fuel depot) They KNOW where to send all their AT guys. I would need to be very defensive if I am in support of the mission OR just go attack their HQ or something.

There are tactics unique to the particular game or producer. Already mentioned is the format where both teams get sent to the same place on the field for a mission.

A tanker should always be looking for an opportunity to 'break the line' of defenders. Usually, there is a lot of real estate behind them with no defenders in it.

Field Control is a tactic that tanks can assist in.

There is a two story bunker at a cross roads of 5 tank roads. It is surrounded by smaller 1-2 bunkers. At that particular field, it is a good tactic for field control to OWN that bunker and the surrounding bunkers with AT in them. It limits armor to their half of the field. Any missions for the opposing side in our half of the field is infantry only. Owning the cross roads is useful for as a forward mission insertion area. Being centrally located, your insertion goes there to reinforce and then be deployed on missions from there OR deployed to intercept and destroy enemy missions in progress. Gives your team a lot of tactical flexibility. Just with field control.

It is so hard to train grunts on the fly. If by some odd chance you have an organized team to train with a tank, you really have a tool to be used to your advantage on the field.

I don't have one, so I am open to hooking up with a local field's team on a regular basis. Retired now and next month is the LAST house payment so I can travel to games. So e mail me if you want me to come to your team and game with all my toys. ddupont@charter.net

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 07-21-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:02 AM #20
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Robotech- where do you play in Cali?. I thought at SC village big games they have some decent tank action no? Those OCMI guys built some pretty impressive rigs.

Boom- lets see some pics of your new project. Also at most of the fields around here you can pretty much take your tank wherever it can go. no sticking to paths or keep moving all the time foolishness.

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 PM #21
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
I play with the SoCal Ghosts. We play with and against OCMI often. We run a PUG and I really need to get back to it. At Decay of Nations you see tanks...that's at SC Village...but that's a out the only game. It use to be at the scenario games at Jungle Island the owner had a REAL M113 tracked troop APC and a REAL WWII American half track...their macine guns replaced with paintall guns but still looking like the real deal and those were the tanks used during the game! You haven't played LAW until you half go face off against a REAL tank charging across a river coming for you! Lol so yea, it's not like it used to be.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote