Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 AM #85
shadoflame
i can pump 30 bps, no AT.

shadoflame owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
My guess is they will start selling it here when they are set up to make it here. Asia has a huge paintball community that from what I can tell is in somewhat of a boom and Dye also has a big presence there. It makes sense that they would release this there first, where not only is it cheaper to make but is also more likely to sell well.

To my knowledge, I don't think there is any paint sold in the states that is made outside of North America. Correct me if I'm wrong.
i believe valken is made in china as well.
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2011, 02:24 AM #86
Luso
Anomaly

Luso plays in the PSP
Luso owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
As for the the whole "dark paint is harder to track" issue; just yesterday I played with some paint with a darker blue shell (not as dark as this, but on the darker side) and also used the rest of some darker green shell paint, and had NO issue tracking it. If you have an idea of where your paint is going, it is a lot easier to follow. If it is coming at you, there are too many unknowns for your mind to fill in.

Also, while playing, there were times when someone else was using a brighter shell paint, and I was able to see it earlier and dodge it better than when they were using a darker paint.

So in my book for the shell color issue.

As for the bag, how much does 4 Zip-Loc bags cost? That is how much they should increase the price of a case (AKA, not much)

As for the box it comes in: WOW. WAY overdone for a case. I would prob keep one to store stuff in, but when you are talking about events when you can make a castle out of the cases that are thrown away, way too much material.
yes and yes, good sir
I love it when people use bright paint.. so easy to see a line of bright dots flying at you lol aannndd, that box - totally would keep it for storage hahaa

"I'm not saying HK was behind the Angel Eyes project to drum up hype for the KLR - but I AM saying there's no way for me to prove they weren't..."
- Chris Peltier
Luso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 PM #87
tako-down
tripple O.G. O.G.

has been a member for 10 years
looks like ultra evil that will be readily available for anyone who is willing to pay twice as much for a nice box and bags.................

everybody gets wholesale on paint, if you dont im sorry, but for 80 bux i can almost get three cases of premium gold that shoots probably just as good.

for any dye reps that might be reading this, consider making paint for the poor people that play (aka americans)

R.I.P. Allen Booth- WF Marine LEGEND
tako-down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 AM #88
vvconst

vvconst is a founding member
RPS gator black with green marb fill was great, until they changed the shell formula to that dry powdered stuff.

on the topic o dark shell and bounce beam, the biggest problem i had back in the days was that the halo can't detect the balls, but with everyone using rotors these days, it should be less of an issue. i never shot a sft shocker with the dark shell so can't really comment on that, but the halo definitely hate dark shells.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 AM #89
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvconst View Post
RPS gator black with green marb fill was great, until they changed the shell formula to that dry powdered stuff.

on the topic o dark shell and bounce beam, the biggest problem i had back in the days was that the halo can't detect the balls, but with everyone using rotors these days, it should be less of an issue. i never shot a sft shocker with the dark shell so can't really comment on that, but the halo definitely hate dark shells.
I never had any problems with my SFT's reading paint. The only problems I had were with Halo's. But nowadays everything is either break beam eyes or doesn't have eyes anymore (loaders).

If this stuff is anywhere near the quality of the Proto Darts that was out a couple years ago then it should be excellent stuff. Someone mentioned the seem being big... I know for a fact I've looked at paint with awful seems on it and thought it was going to shoot poorly, well some things just go against conventional wisdom and work anyway. I'm pretty sure the Proto stuff had "bad" seems and it's still some of the better stuff I've ever shot.

I personally always liked shooting brighter paint. I don't have great vision, but it's not bad enough to for me to get contacts or even glasses to correct so sometimes I lose the darker stuff. As for people dodging it because they can see it... I've never had a problem. If my shot is on I'll get the kill.
Mr. Short Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 AM #90
Phant0m Chief
~[{Pete}]~#12

Phant0m Chief plays in the PSP
Phant0m Chief owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Phant0m Chief plays in the APPA D4 division
79.99 a case hmmmm
Old 09-27-2011, 09:19 AM #91
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by tako-down View Post
looks like ultra evil that will be readily available for anyone who is willing to pay twice as much for a nice box and bags.................

everybody gets wholesale on paint, if you dont im sorry, but for 80 bux i can almost get three cases of premium gold that shoots probably just as good.

for any dye reps that might be reading this, consider making paint for the poor people that play (aka americans)
Wow, I'm a feild owner and I can't get 3 cases of Premium Gold for $80.00. I need your hook up.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:12 PM #92
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
Wow, I'm a feild owner and I can't get 3 cases of Premium Gold for $80.00. I need your hook up.
He said "almost" get 3 cases for $80. He's probably paying somewhere around $30/case, which is plausible.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 PM #93
xJonathan

xJonathan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xJonathan supports Team VICIOUS
xJonathan is for the Gunfight
xJonathan supports DLX Technology
Probably really expensive and useless. Also most of the things like the less arching is probably not true. Not sure about it. But another thing is the packaging itself is probably a lot of money added onto the paint and is a huge waste of materials. Dye is trying to kill the Earth =(
xJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:28 PM #94
bcfan25
whatever.

bcfan25 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Dye wouldn't be Dye if their product wasn't the most expensive on the market.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:53 AM #95
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
You guys would be surprised how little that packaging would cost per case of paint. Certainly not the $20 difference between the Dye paint and a case of Evil...
Mr. Short Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:12 AM #96
ActionExpress
Alex Williams

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA Pro division
I agree with you in that the packing wont be the $20 difference you see in price, but it will be relativity expensive when compared to the standard boxes and bags that paintballs come in.

Its marketed towards the Asian paintball consumer, which Dye believes may enjoy the aesthetic value of the packaging and presentation.
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:31 AM #97
wilsef
Highrollaz AUSTRALIA

im lucky enough to be i Australia where DYE sent some samples out to fields to try and give feed back and the field i play at was one of them.
the first batch that sent was ok but the shell was a bit hard (like proto bullets) but the fill was good (this boxes where unmarked and the field owner didnt tells us what it was until we had used them and given our feedback)

about a month later he had a new batch (this time in marked boxes and in the reseal bag) at first look the packaging was really flashy like they where trying to make up for something. But on use the paint we were surprised the fill wsa the same as the frist unmarked batch we got but the shell was alot better and broke very well (dropping from sholder height).
We shot it through 98's, Luxe, etek DM10 and only got a couple of breaks in the 98 which we expected as the shell was brittle
as on the price im not sure but would be very happy to use it again
wilsef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:36 AM #98
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsef View Post
im lucky enough to be i Australia where DYE sent some samples out to fields to try and give feed back and the field i play at was one of them.
the first batch that sent was ok but the shell was a bit hard (like proto bullets) but the fill was good (this boxes where unmarked and the field owner didnt tells us what it was until we had used them and given our feedback)

about a month later he had a new batch (this time in marked boxes and in the reseal bag) at first look the packaging was really flashy like they where trying to make up for something. But on use the paint we were surprised the fill wsa the same as the frist unmarked batch we got but the shell was alot better and broke very well (dropping from sholder height).
We shot it through 98's, Luxe, etek DM10 and only got a couple of breaks in the 98 which we expected as the shell was brittle
as on the price im not sure but would be very happy to use it again
Really hoping that $80 price tag changes after reading this.

Also, has $80 even been confirmed by a Dye rep or are we just going off some random person's word?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:41 PM #99
TheHef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionExpress View Post
I agree with you in that the packing wont be the $20 difference you see in price, but it will be relativity expensive when compared to the standard boxes and bags that paintballs come in.

Its marketed towards the Asian paintball consumer, which Dye believes may enjoy the aesthetic value of the packaging and presentation.
Dye is so playing into stereotypes that all Asians have money.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:13 PM #100
cockerman1417
Blind kids hate you too

cockerman1417 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cockerman1417 posts videos on PbNation
cockerman1417 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Loved Proto darts
Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 PM #101
Homelessballerz
Will work 4 paintballs

Homelessballerz supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelos View Post
$80 isn't outrageous until you go to a psp event and shoot 50 cases of it. And considering this paint is marketed to competitive teams there's a real problem it's going to cost that much.

This however could mean dye wants to sponsor more teams and they'll look more desirable as a company now that they offer nice paint.
Yes but I'm sure a prepay option (as with rps) would be available making it cheaper. And it is still in Asia only, maybe it is small quantities.
Homelessballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 AM #102
Waxball88
Ego♥

THANK GOD THERE IS AN INFO PAMPHLET. Jesus i can't tell how many times i've needed an info pamphlet for my paintballs.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:54 AM #103
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post

To my knowledge, I don't think there is any paint sold in the states that is made outside of North America. Correct me if I'm wrong.
APX is made in Korea unless that changed recently and it's good stuff. I want to say Hostile paint is also made in Asia somewhere but I don't know for sure.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:40 AM #104
xHOBOPHOBIAx
Paintball Arkansas

xHOBOPHOBIAx plays in the PSP
xHOBOPHOBIAx plays in the APPA D4 division
xHOBOPHOBIAx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xHOBOPHOBIAx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Looks quality, but like most Dye stuff the box likes to take my money. I hate how they are still using the word Dyetanium.
xHOBOPHOBIAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:21 AM #105
anjordan77
All Paintball Supplies

anjordan77 plays in the USPL
anjordan77 donated to help Peyton Trent
anjordan77 helped look for balloons
anjordan77 is playing at Living Legends III
anjordan77 is Boss
Trying their hand at paint again...interesting. I remember the Proto Paint from back in the day.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.